[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he turn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 15
File: starwarstheforceawakens-kyloren.jpg (266 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
starwarstheforceawakens-kyloren.jpg
266 KB, 1536x864
Why did he turn?
>>
>>64744992
MOM'S GONNA FREAK!
>>
>>64744992
Because someone tapped his shoulder
>>
>>64744992
he got cucked by luke
>>
File: p035s090.jpg (35 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
p035s090.jpg
35 KB, 624x351
Some of you guys are alright.

Stay away from the Jedi temple tomorrow.
>>
>>64744992
Because he was weak and foolish like his father.
>>
File: 1452512596051.jpg (20 KB, 604x293) Image search: [Google]
1452512596051.jpg
20 KB, 604x293
>>64744992
Because
>>
>>64745074
Pottery!
>>
>>
>>
bamp
>>
>>64744992
Because the plot required him to, and for no other reason
>>
>>64744992
Why did he take off his mask?
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 720x1696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 720x1696
>>64744992
>>
>>64745383
His turning has nothing to do with the plot. He's already turned at the beginning of the film.
>>
because star wars is a soulless cash cow now and it belongs in the trash
>>
he's a cuck, he gave into the big black dark side
>>
He wanted to be hardcore but his dad wouldn't let him
>>
>>64745074
I'm glad that JJ is continuing Lucas's tradition of good pottery
>>
>>64744992

Having to pretend Lena Dunham is sexually appealing would drive anyone to the dark side eventually.
>>
Same reason an upper middle class punk decides to shoot up a school or a shipping mall, because he grew up with everything and needed something to rebel against. He never felt like he belonged, and when he found out (despite his parents best efforts) that he was the grandson of Darth Vader (who might as well be Hitler) he decided he found a way to be important, a way to be different, a way to be recognized, an outlet for his anger, his rage that he didn't know where it came from.
He turned from his uncle, his parents, his life, like many of us do. The difference was he was strong in the force, and he idolized his dead grandfather, and saw an opportunity to become more than. More than his mom, his dad, or his uncle, who were all hailed as heroes by everyone around him.
>>
File: female gamers.jpg (171 KB, 1200x791) Image search: [Google]
female gamers.jpg
171 KB, 1200x791
cuz his parents split up

divorce sux, yo
>>
>>64746267
yes
>>
>>64746267
>some people think this is good writing for a villain
>>
Nobody wants to turn to darkside. It just sorta happens. Ben wants to turn to darkside and it's not working.
>>
Wasn't it because he though his dad didn't live up to the legend and he was manipulated by Snoke?Seems like edgy rebellious teenager reasoning.

Maybe the dark side is a powerful drug once you've got the taste for it.
>>
>>64745939
why
too sad man
>>
>>64746509
Why don't you provide an example you faggot piece of shit
>>
>>64745147
holy crap i just realized this kid had a wookie for an uncle... There is no reason he could have turned.. got writing has become absolute shit. I mean really worse than shit. Think how awesome life would be with a wookie in your life.
>>
>>64745939
so much feels ;_;
>>
>>64745449
To prove he wouldn't die
>>
because he had space lena dunham as a gf
>>
File: 1452051793640.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1787) Image search: [Google]
1452051793640.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1787
>>64744992

This is his edgy goth/emo phase.
>>
Dad was a criminal but a good guy. Grandfather was a respected military and religious leader but was somehow a bad guy.

Cognitive dissonance forced him to the dark side
>>
>>64746509

It's at least a much better way to show someone gettting seduced by the dark side than "oh no my waifu is dying, please Satan help me".
>>
>>64751016
>bring law and order to the Galaxy
>get called evil

Vader did nothing wrong
>>
>>64745990

It has nothing to do with the plot but everything to do with the story. The climactic scene of the film is Han trying to convince him to turn back. Both characters feelings about his turn should have been made clear to the audience, which would surely involve a better explanation than 'seduced by snoke LOL'
>>
>be spoiled only child
>mother is space princess
>father is badass smuggler
>uncle is the savior of the jedi and the embodiment of hope in the galaxy
>all three are heroes of the new republic and the rebellion
>your grandfather is one of the greatest if not the most powerful force user ever
>one of your great grandparents is literally the supernatural entity that holds and binds the galaxy together
>your parents are implied to be fighting a lot when you were a kid
>you are sent off to train with your uncle with a bunch of literally whos
>some of them are better students than you, the heir to the force and the jedi
>you are insecure as fuck because of all that shit
>some random guy comes around
>"Yo, you know what'll make you powerful? You have all that pent up rage inside of you towards everyone, if you combine that with your force sensitivity, you will become ten times stronger than anyone and you can overpower them and show them who's boss. Also this is how your grandfather became really fucking strong too."
>you are Kylo Ren
>>
>>64751418
>"Yo, you know what'll make you powerful? You have all that pent up rage inside of you towards everyone, if you combine that with your force sensitivity, you will become ten times stronger than anyone and you can overpower them and show them who's boss. Also this is how your grandfather became really fucking strong too."
citation needed

also Kylo was Luke's best student.
>>
>>64746267
so did no one ever mention to him how Vader eventually tried to redeem himself and sacrificed his life to save Luke?
>>
>>64751470
Han and Leia talk about Han often just leaving her there after a fight.
Leia sent him off, she that in the movie too
It's a really likely possibility given that his skills are really lacking in the movie if you pay attention
Kylo Ren is insecure as fuck really.
Snoke turned him, said in the movie by Leia
I guess he would say something like that to turn him, it's more like a summary from my part but you get the idea.

>also Kylo was Luke's best student.
Now that's what I need citation on.
>>
File: memo.jpg (43 KB, 600x225) Image search: [Google]
memo.jpg
43 KB, 600x225
>>64751418
>You wanna buy some dark siiide?
>>
>>64751492
The new Canon literally says that this time around Vader was only trying to kill the Emperor so he could get Luke to join him at his side.

Vader also didn't know that Luke was his son before the several times they fought before Bespin.

Also yeah that's right they fought several times before Bespin, and Vader found out during the Last or First noone is sure which.

Also they might bring back Darth Maul in the new movies, literally not even joking.

Han, Leia, and Chewbacca also all got lightsabers and fought a bunch of troopers with them.
>>
>>64751418

None of this was dramatised in the film.

The only characterisation he gets is a shitty meta-joke about being a rip off of Darth Vader
>>
>>64751571
>It's a really likely possibility given that his skills are really lacking in the movie if you pay attention
I didn't know that dragging a guy across a room with a force choke was "lacking in skill" or holding a blaster bolt in mid-air.
>Kylo Ren is insecure as fuck really.
You don't know what Pride is do you? He just seems to invoke it in a different way and hates it when things don't go his way.
>Now that's what I need citation on.
lol retard
>>
>>64751492
He idolizes Vader, not Anakin, he feels like it was a weak move he turned back to the light after all the "good stuff" (killing jedi, bringing order to the galaxy, exterminating rebel scum) he did. He swore he wouldn't make the same mistakr I guess.

tl;dr From his point of view Vader and Anakin are different persons and Vader killed Anakin because Anakin was weak and foolish, just how he "killed Ben".
>>
>>64751630
>I didn't know that dragging a guy across a room with a force choke was "lacking in skill" or holding a blaster bolt in mid-air.
He is pretty good against non-force sensitives yeah, compare him to Rey, eho is force sensitive and never had any training and he always loses.
>You don't know what Pride is do you? He just seems to invoke it in a different way and hates it when things don't go his way.
Pride of this magnitude is a form of insecurity, also he talks to Vaders helmet about feeling the pull of the light, he isn't confident, he wants to come off as someone who is as strong as Vader, but even he knows he isnt. Oh yeah. Rey mind rapes Kylo and says that to his face in the movie.
>lol retard
K
>>
>>64751843
>never had any training and he always loses.

He got shot by Chewbacca's crossbow of death and still had the upper hand for most of the duel with Rey.
>>
>>64751925
Even when he tried to probe her mind and she probed him back? He seemed to be healthy at that point.
>>
>>64751966
So they're both force sensitive? What's your point?
>>
>>64751125
>being better than the prequels makes it 10/10
the entire TFA argument is based on being better than the prequels, as if that means anything
>>
>>64752178
If she just defended against him it would be ok. But her just probing him back means either that 1. Rey is OP as fuck or 2. Kylo isn't as strong as he shows himself to be. And from an in-universe standpoint the second one is more likely and it explains some things about his character too.
>>
>>64744992

It's a good question for another cashgrab
>>
>>64745939
:(
>>
File: lol.jpg (51 KB, 407x463) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
51 KB, 407x463
>>64745939

More feels than the actual movie
>>
Maybe he turned because his dad is a degenerate who still doesn't pay his debts when he's 70.
>>
Because the dark side is more powerful and you're more stronger if you're a Sith.

remember that in the prequels 1 guy took down the entire Jedi Order and the Republic. There's a reason that the Sith only need to have 2 people at a time.
>>
>>64751843
>He is pretty good against non-force sensitives yeah, compare him to Rey, eho is force sensitive and never had any training and he always loses.
Rey's terribly written mary sue bullshit doesn't make kylo ren a weaker character
>>
>>64753185
holy shit ha ha what a bitch
>>
>>64745939
Why the fuck didn't it play out like this god damn hack JJ
>>
Call me crazy guys but I'm convinced Han is still alive.
>>
>>64744992
It doesn't really matter, just like Vader.
If you wanna speculate or guess what they might include in a future movie, I'd guess Luke was actually holding him back because he was unsure of his own teaching. Sort of like Anakin and Obi-Wan but actually Luke's failure instead of Kylo's paranoia.
>>
>>64744992
Because his parents broke up.
>>
>>64745939
>not playing it out like this
Too many shiggys. Fuck this director. I'm on mobil but just imagiene George Costanza batting rounds with that face.
>>
File: chewie mourns.jpg (36 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
chewie mourns.jpg
36 KB, 720x304
>>64745939
thanks for reminding me I'm human asshole
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSuO57Ja7g
>>
>>64753332
It did though, because and entire third of the movie is him getting rekt by her
>>
>>64753638
>implying you wouldn't want to get rekt by her
>>
>>64745939
>too busy with BBC on the mind, JJ Abrams decided to replace a possible emotional scene with Chuey and Ben with cückoldry
>>
>>64745032
underrated
>>
jedi 'masters' are the worst teachers/mentors

yoda - count dooku
obi wan - anakin/vader
luke - darth emo

also star wars has some of the worst parents (with the exception of owen and beru)

leia/han - hey son, go off with your uncle to train to be something you might or might not want to be.
???/??? - hey rey, gonna dump you off on not-tatooine. wait here. figure out how to make a living. try to stay alive. might come back for you.
yoda/obiwan/jimmy - let's split up the twins and never talk about them or tell them when they're older to understand that they have a sibling, cause. you know, fuck it. empire bad.
>>
>dad used to be a criminal
>mom probably payed more attention to politics than him
>mentor has a track record for fucking up

It was bound to happen.
>>
>>64745939
DELETE THIS
>>
>>64751580

this bait is putrid
>>
>>64753962
>implying rey's parents dropped her off
Kylo's behind it all.
>>
File: elements.gif (781 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
elements.gif
781 KB, 500x208
>>64744992
>>
>>64754485
it's a red herring
why would luke be away from the temple/school when the attack happened?
luke probably took the remaining jedi trainees and dumped them off in remote places so they wouldn't be tracked/killed.

then luke was like, 'failed have i. into exile i must go.' or went off to train to be better and expel the dark side once and for all.

and who the fuck is snork?
>>
>>64744992
>Luke is training Kylo, a bunch of randoms and babby Rey
>Luke keeps doting on Rey despite Kylo putting way more effort into training than special snowflake Rey who gets by on her Skywalker lineage
>Snoke promises Kylo power in exchange for destroying the rest of the jedi
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 480x1108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 480x1108
He was a teenie, that's why.
>>
>>64752436
She only gleaned his most defining character trait. I don't think it's too far-fetched to say that Kylo wasn't expecting her to suddenly probe him back, and he had his guard down.
>>
>>64744992
Because Rey was a better student and was a little girl, so he got mad and decided to shoot up the school
>>
>>64744992
>mom and Dad want me to be a jedi?
>I know, I'll become a Sith. Take that Mom and Dad!
>>
>>64753185
He just found out women don't actually like things. They only say they do to try to signal to one specific person in mind.
>>
>>64751418
If that was actually the story it could be alright but it just comes off as "I wanna be a rebellious angsty teenager so I'll join the sith"
>>
>>64754623
Not that anon but nah, Luke is the red herring

>Maz says the Luke's lightsaber is hers! She uses the force to grab the lightsaber at the end of her fight with Kylo! She must be a Skywalker!
>Rey was thrown on Jakku right after or during Luke went into exile! She must be his daugther

Meanwhile, they tried to make Kylo look completely irredeemable by killing his father.
>>
>>64754623
>doesn't like what the evidence shows
>it's a red herring! trust me!
Luke could be away for any number of reasons, if I was going to attack the jedi school I'd lure Luke away with a fake message from Leia or something.

Portion guy is way too big of a dick for Luke to give a child to. You're really shitting on him with that one. I think it makes more sense that Kylo was too weak to kill the youngest wittle jedi (or possibly his cousin though I hope she isn't a Skywalker).

If we really wanna get crazy and start making shit up, maybe Kylo even killed the Knights of Ren during the attack to hide Rey's past from anyone in the galaxy.
>>
>>64754694
Jesus who the fuck designed this shit he looks like a Final Fantasy character with all those belts?
>>
>>64754879
Rey was the one who went evil as a kid, Ren and his Knights were protecting her. u fucking fat cunt idiot.
>>
>>64754987
Darth Vader destroyed the Sith. Kylo Ren is something different and I don't think he ever uses the dark side, only the techniques he learned from Luke.
>>
>>64745939
fuck, a stupid fucking image with more feels than a disney blockbuster
>>
>>64755080
>certain powers are light and some are dark
Push, pull, saber throw, and choke are all just telekinesis. There's no inherent morality in these tools but instead how they're used. You're using video game logic. I'm not talking shit about video games I just mean they had to change some things so that the force fit into RPG mechanics and it's not really what the movie shows. EU is guilty of the same with all the powers they came up with.
>>
>>64746389

I think he became evil first, they divorced later
>>
>>64755655
are you kidding? they already started that shit in rotj with force lightning
before that it was telekinesis, jumping, see the future and mind trick
>>
File: pepe le smug.jpg (12 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
pepe le smug.jpg
12 KB, 249x249
Snoke is making Kylo hallucinate a Vader "force ghost". This fake Vader is telling him lies. Somewhere in the series the real Anakin force ghost will appear and redeem Kylo / pull him into the light.
>>
Because, after lessons had ended for the day and the Jedi temple was empty, uncle Luke would make little Ben do things that no youngling should do.

Han turned a blind eye. When Leia found out she broke up with him, but the damage was already done.
>>
>>64755864
Just because the Emperor is the only one to use it doesn't mean it's a dark side only power, it just means that's the only person you saw use it. Now maybe because it's all about pain there really isn't a context to justify a light jedi using it but maybe it's effective against droids?

Now obviously these are movies and powers are meant to convey things, and yes choking and lightning are meant to show the dark side but that doesn't mean there exists this dichotomy in the force where you have to be evil to be able to choke someone if you can otherwise lift x-wings with your mind.

I just don't think someone like Yoda would be incapable of using lightning just because he doesn't have enough evil points spent, it's more about the characters than the inherent morality of abilities. Yoda just wouldn't use lightning but be could.
>>
>>64755991
Snoke is like catfishing Kylo with a fake Vader to lure him in. Do you think if Kylo found out he would ditch Snoke, or be with him anyway?
>>
>>64756146
Nah, when Kylo figures out that the "Vader" he has been talking to is actually Snoke, and that the real Vader (Anakin) really did turn to the light, then Kylo himself will turn.
>>
>>64755991
I don't hate this. I even see Kylo deciding he would go back to the light but killing Han means it's too late for him. Vader/Snoke could torment him with this and use it to keep Kylo under his control, "How could they ever forgive you, Kylo?"

His redemption won't be about saving a family member but forgiving himself and Anakin can be a catalyst for that. Rey has to be involved somehow but I doubt it'll be like Luke's weak position at the end of Jedi, so maybe she'll be able to see Anakin and give Kylo his words.
>>
>>64756146
Oh, and remember at the end of TFA when Snoke says that he is bringing Kylo in for training? It will involve this Kylo-Vader interaction.

http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articles/31208/20160110/star-wars-hayden-christensen-episode-8.htm
>>
>>64755066
Shut the fuck up you little whore. Stip talking out of your shitty ass. Just because you relate to a school shooter does not mean he wasn't the one who killed the jedi fuckin fag
>>
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Solo
Solo who?
No, Who Solo
>>
>>64751580
Are you trying to get a rise out of me?
>>
>>64745032
Kek
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.