[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Hitchcock movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: rope.jpg (52 KB, 522x394) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
52 KB, 522x394
Favorite Hitchcock movie?
>>
Either Psycho or Rebecca
>>
File: grace-kelly-01.gif (470 KB, 710x890) Image search: [Google]
grace-kelly-01.gif
470 KB, 710x890
>threadly reminder that he shagged most of the women he cast
Man who Knew Too Much for me senpai
>>
Psycho for various reasons.

Recently rewatched Vertigo and although so many people love it, there's just something about the script that doesn't sit well with me despite the great themes.

Recently watched Rebecca too, it was much better than I expected.
>>
>>64744111
My favorites of him

>Vertigo
>Rear Window
>North by Northwest
>Notorious
>Marnie
>>
>>64744165

>Hitchcuck
>Actually having sex

Hitchcock literally had sex once in his life, to conceive his daughter. He was a the beta-est of beta cucks, that's why he was good at objectifying his female actresses because he desperately wanted to fuck all of them but couldn't.

Anyway

S P E L L B O U N D
>>
The Birds is his comfiest movie
>>
File: 1450607594194.png (669 KB, 963x832) Image search: [Google]
1450607594194.png
669 KB, 963x832
>>64744252
>rear window
>north by northwest

my favs tbqh
>>
thanks for actually talking about movies familia
>>
File: richard brody.jpg (32 KB, 273x340) Image search: [Google]
richard brody.jpg
32 KB, 273x340
>Marnie
>>
>>64744257

Wait what? Spellbound? Why?
>>
>>64744302
salvador dali meme sequence
>>
>>64744257
lad. the girl from the birds spilt the beans on how hes a sexual tyranosaurus
>>
>>64744302

Because my real answer is Vertigo but that's considered to be too mainstream now so I chose the movie that was closest stylistically to Vertigo. I also actually like it a lot as well, it's probably my favourite after Vertigo, North By Northwest and Rear Window.
>>
>>64744330

Yeah and he never fucked her. He just followed her around and abused her like a sadistic beta orbiter. He was always falling in love with his leading ladies but he never actually got to have sex with them because he was a weird fat old English man with an Oedipal complex and no actual skill whatsoever with women.
>>
>>64744330
Tippi "poor birds being thrown at me in the attic" Hedren, that went on to have a fucking wildlife habitat for lions. She is a dumb bitch that says dumb things for publicity. Hitchcock was the supreme leader of cucks
>>
>>64744111
Rear Window is his best suspense work and evenly places weights on the both sides of the judgement scale to create superb tension (all his movies do this but none as well as this).

North By Northwest was hitchcock making an attractive but clueless advertising executive follows a girl's lead hand and foot. Deserves some credit for spawning the new thriller genre but ultimately Hitchcock movies are for women with not much substance outside of the original thought experiment that spawned the script and it seems all he really wanted to do was to promote cuckdom while fucking blondes.

Strangers on a Train has good suspense if you like that sort of thing, but same critique as above, nothing much to glean from it.

Vertigo is overrated feminist romance mystery tripe.

Rope is just a poor intellectual strawman attack on Nietzsche's individualism.
>>
>>64744509

>Vertigo is overrated feminist romance mystery tripe

But that's completely wrong.
>>
>>64744509
>this entire post
youve spent too much time here, mate
>>
>>64744557
Ohhh mysterious girl lets follow her for 50 minutes, she is so special, lets fall in love with her for no apparent reason, lets control what she wears and what color her hair is because men are so controlling of women when in love aren't they.
*record scratch*
ohh what, it seems I was fooled into doing all this, I was the target but they didn't count on me falling so deeply.
>>
You're all wrong about Vertigo.

It's one of the first films about catfishing.
>>
>>64745274

literally JUST A PRANK
>>
I got to see a stage version of north by northwest which was fun

>>64744509
nice shitposting but rope is about homosexuality
>>
File: 130543a[1].jpg (26 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
130543a[1].jpg
26 KB, 305x225
>>64744111
Dial M for Muhdah
>>
North By Northwest is a moviegoers movie. Timeless entertainment.
>>
File: liz lemon.jpg (134 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
liz lemon.jpg
134 KB, 625x450
>>64745865
>>
ROPE
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.