[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were they all CGI? Why did lucasfilms decide to just "do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 794x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 794x680
Why were they all CGI? Why did lucasfilms decide to just "do the computers" with this?
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (143 KB, 604x797) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
143 KB, 604x797
>>64742509
Because it was new, and George liked doing new things unlike some people *cough* JJ Abrams *cough*
>>
>>64742509
more importantly why can R2D2 fly?

why does C3PO's head fit onto a battle droid?
>>
>>64742709
Maybe they had some sort of USB port thing going on where most droids had sockets for interchangeable parts
>>
>>64742709

C3PO's head is the same head the trade federation uses on all its droids. You didn't actually think Anakin built C3PO on his own did you? He just found the droid somewhere in the desert and took credit for it.
>>
>>64742757
This must be the answer.

I new Qui-gon was a con artist. He was just trying to get parts for his ship. The kid wasn't special at all.
>>
File: 124151535.jpg (114 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
124151535.jpg
114 KB, 576x768
Why would you not make sex clones?
>>
I guess because there had to be a bunch of them for the battle scenes, and since they were clones they all had to be the same height (because George has autism)?

Really, the Republic army should have been regular recruits, then maybe we would have given a shit. And the clones would be the bad guys.

Really, how does it make sense to call it the "Clone Wars" if the clones are on your side? It would have been called the Separatist Wars, or the Droid Wars, or just the Civil War. Lucas is a fucking hack.
>>
>>64743240
>bodypaint with clothes

this pisses me off so fucking much.
>>
>>64743240
Why would Kaminoans need sex clones when their bitches are fine already?
>>
>>64742666
At least Abrams can make a good movie
>>
>>64743575
Except, you know, TFA.

Sure it was competently made but it was mediocre as fuck and had no substance
>>
>>64742509
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.
>>
>>64743613
Umm did you watch the movie? or just stare at your feet the entire time sperglord
>>
>>64743613

>competently made

Literally a 'good movie' under an objective assessment

originality and 'soul' are subjective bullshit
>>
>>64743240

high test
>>
>>64743575
No he can't. Shit tier cinematography and horrible action sequences.

I have not once liked a JJ Abrahms action sequence, he seems to be completely incapable of choreographing a fun action scene, TFA's biggest problem is that it looked and felt like any other modern AAA movie.
>>
>>64742800
he just wanted to quit the jedi order so he faked the midichlorian test of some random froce sensitive kid he found.
>>
>>64743575

Sure, Jan
>>
>>64743613
>implying the prequels had "substance"
unless you count feces, of course
>>
>>64743575

Star Wars Into Reference and Star Wars The Reference Awakens were pretty lame though.
>>
>>64744248

Star Trek Into Reference *
>>
>>64743754
>Shit tier cinematography and horrible action sequences.
You just described the prequels perfectly.
>>
>>64742709
also why does C3PO work when his head is ripped off his body he would of shut down or whatever.
>>
>>64743754
reddit come on, its time to leave
>>
>>64742509
Because with live action you can get bogged down, particularly with wirework. With computer generated characters, you can just stand there and shoot it.
>>
>>64743575
sup reddit
>>
>>64744061
Ironically Reddit loves the shit out of TFA
>>
It was to insist on the fact that they've been all manufactured. Army of clones = lifeless endless mass of undifferentiated CGI.

So it was clearly some kind of warholian move that made based Lucas here. Too subtle for RLM plebs.
>>
>>64745995

You'd know, reddit.
>>
>>64743254
Fuck you. Temuera Morrison has more charisma than the entire Rebellion. YES, even Wedge Antilles.
>>
>>64743575
>See good movie
>Copy paste entire movie
>'Make a good movie'

George innovated and went boom and bust. That's what happens when you take risks. That's why Star Wars was successful in the first place, because it was different. The prequels were different too, but the audience weren't interested in difference by then, they wanted fan service. JJ hit the fan service.
>>
>>64742666
>because if was easier for him, and George liked doing things the easier way

Fixed that for you, famigo
>>
I legit couldn't tell they were CGI. I always wondered
>>
>>64744248
Nice.

>>64744269
I think that's kind of their point ... Jabrams' Star Trek movies got criticised for being 'too Star Wars-y' loads when they came out.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.