[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of this do you guys believe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13
File: 51jOyTq0mlL._SY400_.jpg (27 KB, 283x400) Image search: [Google]
51jOyTq0mlL._SY400_.jpg
27 KB, 283x400
How much of this do you guys believe?
>>
>>64738212
being an archaeology major I have problems with about 85% of the show
>>
0%
>>
>>64738212
Waddaya mean how much? Is on the History channel anon everything is real.
>>
>>64738212
none of it, whoever does has serious mental issues
>>
Its just a bunch of bullshit.
>>
I really liked it when I was 16. Never got past season 1 though.
>>
>>64738212
Stargate SG-1 is about as plausible but infinitely more entertaining. Watch that instead, op.
>>
Roughly 10%—mostly place names and people's names and general location of thing discussed. After that, none of it.
>>
>>64738212
100%
>>
>>64738327
>This is what Amerilards ACTUALLY BELIEVE
oh god my sides, can you get any stupider?
>>
>>64738212
Nothing but I like watching alium stuff
>>
I would say some on the stuff about cultural crossovers like pyramids and paintings/writings of arial battles is pretty hard to explain with conventional history
>>
>>64738651
bruh pyramids in the americas are way different than those built in egypt and are like 4000 years apart
>>
>>64738651
Pyramids are just a shape, they're a big artificial hill. Doesn't really need to be explained.

Next thing you'll be telling me cavepaintings prove dinosaurs and man coexisted.
>>
>>64738353
My dad and grandma believe this shit. I feel so ashamed to be a fucking American, man. I know there's less intelligent people out there but Americans are so fucking gullible. Free thought is pretty much absent for the majority of people who watch cable TV these days. Reason why both major news network's agendas are so fucking obvious and in your face.
>>
File: 7206140_orig.png (86 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
7206140_orig.png
86 KB, 500x353
>>64738729
BUT HOW DID THEY GET THERE?
>>
They literally just make shit up.

It's not just a matter of leaving out minor details or getting a few details wrong. They outright lie.
The show is essentially just fiction.

https://youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ
>>
Its SciFi comedy. I don't know why people get so mad about it.
>>
>>64738839
Warning, he goes full bible thumper at the end but the other 90% of the video is good.
>>
>>64738742
Yes, but why would you just build big hills unless they were possibly some sort of power source?
>>
>>64738353
took a precolumbian art history class and some guy kept bringing up aliens
>>
>>64738884
Kek
>>
>>64738839
Exactly. And its on the fucking HISTORY channel. Doesn't anyone find this shit odd? They used to air documentations all the time and genuine historical programming, now after the success of Pawn Stars all they air is garbage that old Americans who cook TV dinners every night sit down and watch and think aliens built the fucking pyramids and Hitler survived and is living in the north pole.
>>
It's more believable than gods and demons
>>
Explain the Nafta lines. you cant
>>
>>64738983
also, whats with all the bigfoot shit in animal planet? its like hick america has taken over cable network since it can't figure out how to use the internet.
>>
File: 1387128862822.jpg (25 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1387128862822.jpg
25 KB, 500x363
>>64738839
I learned more about History from this than I have from the History channel in the past ten years.

Any other similar cool documentaries you'd be willing to share?
>>
Season 2 had interesting topics, now they're just making up bullshit
>>
>>64738983

>Exactly. And its on the fucking HISTORY channel.

Nothing about being "The History Channel" means they have to exclusively air documentaries. They've aired historical-fiction and period-pieces before.

That's not the problem.

The problem is that this is presented as a documentary, and it outright makes up facts.
>>
DUDE ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>64738878

>Warning, he goes full bible thumper

Sounds more like you just got triggered that Christianity was mentioned.
>>
It's entertaining to watch desu
>>
File: worf joke smaller.png (384 KB, 332x761) Image search: [Google]
worf joke smaller.png
384 KB, 332x761
>>64738884
>>
>>64739103
DID YOU JUST SAY THE C WORD? SHAME ON YOU, G*D.
>>
>>64738884
Were the ancient pyramids in fact an ancient version of a power grid, that aliens used to transfer entire kilowatts of electricity across massive distances in order to power their super mothership?
>>
>>64739014
I think you mean Nazca lines
>>
>>64739014
I know you're being facetious, but why do people look at megalithic structures and think there has to be some kind of weird explanation like aliens and shit rather than just some bored ass people seeing how many big rocks they can stack up on top of each other? I mean it's not like they had tv or anything else to entertain themselves with back then.
>>
>>64739023

>also, whats with all the bigfoot shit in animal planet?

You can only have so many shows consisting of footage of cheetahs eating gazelles before it all feels the same. Animal Planet has to air something animal-related 24 hours a day, so they have to get creative by some point.

If you ask me, the problem isn't having shows about speculation on Cryptids, as they are technically animals, and they are an interesting subject of research.
The problem is that there are like 5 different shows EXCLUSIVELY about some drunks hunting Bigfoot. It's so fucking boring.
>>
>>64739209
The answer is yes
>>
>>64739226
BUM BUM BUM

But the problem is, ancient Egyptians had no idea what a power grid was!

Unless
Aliens
Gave
Them
The
Knowledge!

BUMMMMMM
>>
>>64739215
But the Nasca lines can only be viewed from the air. Not the same as a big pile of rocks
>>
>>64739066
I just think a channel that calls itself the History Channel should try to stick as accurate to real history as possible. I feel like Ancient Aliens falls under the category of science fiction more-so than it does historical fiction. It presents theories that should not even be presented in an intelligent manor. Like, a fucking middle schooler could explain why the pyramids were built with such efficiency... Maybe because they had a huge surplus of human slaves???
>>
What about the cubes that were supposedly cut with lasers? The edges are still sharp.
>>
>>64739103
No he just starts talking about global floods and actual angels existing.
>>
File: The_Saint_31-1.png (85 KB, 264x263) Image search: [Google]
The_Saint_31-1.png
85 KB, 264x263
When I was in highshcool, I had a substitute teacher who was part of the is show.
Can't remember his name, but I swear to god he would not shut the fuck up about the ayy lmao.
>>
David Bowie is dead and all you can talk about is HISTORY? You heartless cunt.

YOU FUCKING CUNT. DAVID BOWIE IS FUCKING DEAD!!.
>>
>>64739216
>The problem is that there are like 5 different shows EXCLUSIVELY about some drunks hunting Bigfoot. It's so fucking boring.

Exactly my point. All the legit educational shows that make you ponder bigfoot's existence have already passed. Its obvious there's no physical evidence, so all that they can do now is try to make it like the blaire witch project: redneck edition. And people actually watch it.
>>
>>64739313
Could it be those cubes were hand carved
BY BIGFOOT?

BUM BUM
>>
>>64739326
Kek, I wanted to do this but I never saved the pasta.
>>
>>64739326
Was David Bowie an ancient alien?
>>
File: UFO Photo 22.jpg (16 KB, 494x489) Image search: [Google]
UFO Photo 22.jpg
16 KB, 494x489
>>64739046

Chris White hasn't done anything AS ambitious or succinctly well-made since his Ancient Aliens Debunked Special (which is a shame, because he's so good at what he does that I want to see him do something similar again), he has done several similar smaller documentaries on various topics and debunkings, which are free in their entirety on both of his YouTube channels.

Are you exclusively looking for documentaries similar to Ancient Aliens Debunked? Or just history-stuff in general?
Because if the former, I recommend these:

https://youtu.be/HN-BRLptkaA

https://youtu.be/2cdNjZYbumM

https://youtu.be/4bLlpiWh9-k

https://youtu.be/1hgX6w4U-2o

He's also done shorter videos talking about general controversies in Christianity and weighing in on them with scripture, as well as scientific analyses of things like the construction of Coral Castle and the weird "trumpet sounds" that started getting really big on /x/ back in 2013.

Also, on the other end of the spectrum, if you want to know WHY the UFO-phenomena needs to be investigated and taken seriously without believing that space-aliens built pyramids, there's this documentary about why scientists need to actually break the taboo and find out what's causing unexplained atmospheric-phenomena:
https://youtu.be/cYPCKIL7oVw
>>
>>64739421
He was a space invader.
>>
File: Skeptical Saten.jpg (33 KB, 565x575) Image search: [Google]
Skeptical Saten.jpg
33 KB, 565x575
>>64739055

>now they're just making up bullshit

>now
>>
>>64739315

>global floods
There's archaeological evidence for this.

>actual angels existing
And? Do you just get mad if anyone is religious AT ALL?
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 647x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 647x761
>Literally half a dozen ancient landmarks pointing to Orion's Belt.

>The ancient ruins in South America with dangerous levels radiation

>Stone cut precisely in ways that modern machinery can not replicate.

>Minerals that conduct electrify found in every home of a South American city and thousands of miles from where they can be mined today.

You don't believe ayylamos right?
>>
>>64739014

Have you seen the Nazca Lines? Most aren't very precise.

They're something that could EASILY been made by any plane-dwelling society of throw-backs, just for the sake of art.
>>
>>64739686
>There's archaeological evidence for this.
I meant "global flood" not "global floods" my mistake.

>And? Do you just get mad if anyone is religious AT ALL?
In a video where the first three hours are all archaeology it seems pretty out of place.
>>
>>64739388
I have family that lives in Middleofnowhere Alabama, we went and visited them for a week in their trailer, and for a good chunk of time we
sat around watching Bigfoot Hunters
>>
>>64739421

Yes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074851/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
>>
>>64739696

>The ancient ruins in South America with dangerous levels radiation

Those accounts were literally made-up.

https://youtu.be/K9ed_hWZnl8
>>
>>64739767

He doesn't even state he believes in angels.
He just says he's open to the possibility that something weird and potentially supernatural happened at some point.
>>
>>64738212
Very little.

I find it immensely entertaining however.
>>
>>64739901
this.
I dont take it seriously, it's just a fun watch.
>>
>>64738212
First couple episodes were very interesting but holy shit does it go downhill from there.
>>
>>64738212
Nothing, but its fun to watch
>>
>>64739891
>The various elements of this story are too common in ancient cultures to be chalked up to coincidence in my opinion. But the details of these consistent reports do not benefit the Ancient Astronaut theory.
>In fact, if anything it supports the idea that the narrative of the Bible is true, or at the very least that the specific details of that narrative were believed by cultures as geographically diverse as the Americas, the middle east, Asia, Europe and Africa.

He's careful about it but the hallmarks are there anon.
>>
>>64738212
The VERY FIRST special they did, the one before the TV show was alright, mostly because the whole premise was based on Chariots of the Gods.

It quickly started going off the rails though
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 352x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 352x600
I think it's hit and miss.

Our ancestors seem to be more advanced then we believed but the gene-splicing episode was jumping the shark.
>>
File: tin.jpg (13 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
tin.jpg
13 KB, 178x178
>>64738983
>implying they didn't
>implying he doesn't
>>
explain this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1561_celestial_phenomenon_over_Nuremberg
>>
>>64738280
>Key: not having a bachelors in said major

Put trash in the trash can, anon.
>>
>>64740933
The sun doesn't have a face
>>
>>64739617
cheers lad
>>
>>64741303
How do you know ?
Have you even looked at the sun ?
>>
>>64740933
Ancient angels were gunning down some escaping demons from hell.
>>
>>64738212
all of it. this show actually changed my perspective on stuff. I don't think ALL of it was aliens, but definatley something beyond our understanding.

I would bet everyone in this thread besides me hasn't even watched every episode so I can't really have any worthwhile discussion here.
>>
>>64738212
they never actually claim any facts on the show but just ask questions. the fact that this went over 100% of everyones heads in this thread is hilarious. Just how retarded and braindead are you idiots?
>>
>>64741399
Actually yes with a telescope and a mylar coated filter
>>
>>64738742
>Pyramids are just a shape, they're a big artificial hill. Doesn't really need to be explained.

its not just the shape, but why that shape, the exact places they were built that lined up with star systems that couldn't even be seen with the naked eye, all lining up with other pyramids in the world. All of this shit, again, goes right over the average /tv/ persons head because they didn't actually pay attention to the show they were watching.
>>
>>64739216
>durr i haven't seen bigfoot/dogmen so they can't be real durrr
>look at me i never leave my house and im such an expert on everything durr

/tv/ in a nutshell, folks.
>>
>>64739617
all of this. It's so stupid to just ignore the possibilities of such things. Just waving things away as "aliens" or "lights in the sky" is so ignorant and stupid. There's something there, people have just forgotten.
>>
>>64739271
>Implying they hadn't invented flight in the 4th century but the illuminati covered it up
Wake up sheeple
>>
>>64738983
>Hitler survived and is living in the north pole.
Wow, that's stupid, everyone knows he's on the Moon
>>
>IS SUCH A THING EVEN POSSIBLE? YES!

Every time he said that I would break out laughing. My friend and I used to watch this show just to make fun of it.
>>
File: henry jones jewnior.jpg (54 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
henry jones jewnior.jpg
54 KB, 640x359
>>64738212
It's true, all of it.
>>
It's pretty good science fiction. I like it but then again I'm autistic
>>
>>64739271
You're an idiot. You can plan out things like that with sticks and lengths of string. No aeroplanes or space magic necessary.
>>64742042
If you extend two lines that are not parallel they will intersect at some point. Given the literal countless stars that exist in the universe it isn't surprising that intersecting lines of pyramids can hit something astronomical
>>
>>64738212
It's true. All of it.
>>
I like how each episode starts of relatively normal and you're like "yeah that makes sense, i can believe that maybe" and then by the end it goes full retard.
>>
>>64738742
The Great Pyramid is a lot bigger than a hill. Most people can't really grasp how big it is.
>>
I've based my entire life upon the philosophy and themes present in the movie "The Fifth Element
>>
>>64738456
newfag britbong taking the b8
>>
>>64743872
it's 140m tall. A hill stops being a hill at 300m. So no, it's half the size of a big hill
>>
>>64741869
I have several times a day name one
>>
>>64738212
Stargate and Goa'uld are real desu, the show was just preventative damage control
>>
>>64738212
none i just find it hilarious
>>
>>64738212
I 100 % believe it's all hogwash.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.