[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Robin Williams depressed about when he seemed to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 325x453) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 325x453
What was Robin Williams depressed about when he seemed to be much more successful than the average people?
>>
>>64737482
He was mentally ill.
>>
Depression can fuk you up regardless
>>
File: Babby.png (379 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
Babby.png
379 KB, 468x396
>what is Parkinson's Disease
>what is dementia
>what is depression
>>
>>64737482
you really don't understand depression, do you?
>>
>>64737482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJIyjbiPcs&index=5&list=PLA614852DBA6FF2C7
>>
File: Lorne To Be Wild.jpg (793 KB, 1230x1230) Image search: [Google]
Lorne To Be Wild.jpg
793 KB, 1230x1230
>>64737482
The autopsy revealed Parkinson's disease and dementia, not to mention a long-time battle with depression. I trust the field of neurology a lot more than I trust you, you dumbshit dago.
>>
Why would anyone with success suffer from any kind of mental issues? Aren't people with money invincible?
>>
All the aforementioned shit, plus he was a booze hound and did massive amounts of coke for a long time which fries the fuck out of your brain.
>>
>>64737482
He was a spoiled ungrateful cunt. There are two types of depression, one stems from having a shit life (and can be fixed by someone helping you to get a good life), and another stems from being an overprivileged piece of shit bored due to having it too good.
>>
Some people just can't appreciate what they have. They'll even come up with imaginary diseases like depression to justify their stupid, pessimistic attitude.
>>
youre not depressed "about" anything. thats how normies misuse the word.
>>
File: h.png (1 MB, 897x573) Image search: [Google]
h.png
1 MB, 897x573
His familia is living off his life insurance.
>>
>>64738191
>His familia is living off his life insurance.

no thats what your family does when your daddy drops dead

robin williams was rich and whatever life insurance he had was likely just to pay off any remaining debts to prevent being cash-poor but asset rich for a brief time.

Rich people dont need life insurance
>>
>ughh im so rich and have had a good life but im soo depressed!!!

fuck off
>>
who cares
hes dead
>>
It was obviously erotic self-asphxiation. You guys dont actually believe he killed himself on purpose, right?
>>
>>64738411

>money and external validation fixes everything!!!!

you first
>>
>>64737482
his brain was physically damaged, not just ordinary dementia
>>
>>64738666
spoken like a true normie
>>
>>64738411
Depression is a mental disorder. It is not a conscious choice, for things like pity, as you're implying.
>>
>lol how does depression work guys xD
>>
>>64737482

Actual clinical depression is fucked up. Your brain doesn't produce or receive enough of the neurochemicals that allow you to feel fulfilment or happiness. It sounds retarded but that's how the human brain works. You could be a billionaire with supermodels fighting to the death over who gets to have your dick next, but if you have clinical depression you'll still get no joy from it.

Also, he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. That shit traps your brain in a decaying body over time and there's no cure. I'm not clinically depressed, but if I was diagnosed with that I'd take myself out too. Avoid the suffering and avoid putting the people you love through that, however harsh suicide is on those left behind.
>>
File: riddickulous.jpg (106 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
riddickulous.jpg
106 KB, 800x568
>>64738191
>living off of life insurance
I think I've seen a few murder mysteries where someone has a life insurance policy that's well above covering funeral expenses, debt coverage, and basic household income replacement for a few years
>>
Wherever you go, there you are

Also can mean no matter how much shit you have, or how successful you are you still have to deal with yourself and your issues. Some of the happiest people in the world are poor ass nobody's, some of the saddest are at the top of their fields.

Real depression doesn't discriminate anon
>>
>>64738859
>Actual clinical depression is fucked up. Your brain doesn't produce or receive enough of the neurochemicals that allow you to feel fulfilment or happiness. It sounds retarded but that's how the human brain works. You could be a billionaire with supermodels fighting to the death over who gets to have your dick next, but if you have clinical depression you'll still get no joy from it.

That's just called being a spoiled faggot.
>>
>>64738882
>Some of the happiest people in the world are poor ass nobody's
hahahahahahahahahaahaha
>>
>>64737482
>excessive masturbation
>alimony
>>
>>64738859
>he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's disease
Shit, didn't know that. Answers a lot of questions (well, one) if true.
>>
File: crying feel.png (53 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
crying feel.png
53 KB, 645x773
>>64737482

I'll never forget Genie, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam. Really made me sad that he died.

>tfw I will never marry Zelda and have Robin Williams as the best father-in-law you could ever have
>tfw I will never trade banter with Robin Williams
>tfw I will never post in 4chan with Robin Williams making anons rage

what's the point of living bros?

;_;
>>
it was auto erotic asphyxiation
>>
>>64739041
Learn2Life
>>
>>64739041
it's beautiful in a way
>>
>>64739007
this, i dont believe theres anyone with money and "depression" that wouldn't be cured by two weeks of shitty food and forced labor.

then give them a wagyu steak and an asian prostitute and WA LA, disease cured, ill take my nobel prize now
>>
>>64738711
>>64738859
I've been depressed and it's nothing more than a flawed outlook on life combined with laziness.

Exercise, meditation, and focusing on internal rather than external validation will cure anyone's bullshit "clinical depression" barring major traumas such as death of closed loved one, rape, child abuse, domestic abuse, etc.
>>
Longterm cocaine use causes manic mood disorders and depression. Id love to see his autopsy..massive holes in his brain fo so, as bad as Trump or Hunter S or any other habitual coke fiend.
>>
Depression isn't real guys, being sad is for spoiled fags lol.

But really, you guys do realise the existance of clinical depression isn't up for debate right? You can use an MRI to see the difference between a normal person and a person dealing with depression.

That and there are many obvious recordable symptoms across many patients thoughout all human existence?

It's just as real as schizophrenia. Or anti-social personality disorder. Are insane people and serial killers just pretending too?
>>
>>64739743
Ur an expert bro, we can tell by your massive ego.kek..
>>
>>64739772
>You can use an MRI to see the difference between a normal person and a person dealing with depression.
So?
>>
>>64739772
Except your "depression" is just you (1) not eating right and exercising and (2) having a shitty attitude. All kinds of people have different looking brains when you scan them it doesn't "prove" shit.

And before you question my credentials and call me a normie I've been suicidal three times in my life.
>>
>>64739743
You've probably "suffered" from sadness, not depression you stupid dumbfuck.
>>
>>64739915
>my shitty life isn't MY fault it's my DEPRESSION'S fault

That is exactly why depression happens shithead, externalizing the causes of your problems. You and you alone can fix yourself.

Robin Williams was "depressed" because he was a lazy fatass who probably got all of his happiness from being worshiped by audiences. When his fame dropped off he offed himself. If he took care of his physical state and got validation from within rather than without he would still be with us.
>>
>>64739914
maybe you should have gone through with it
>>
>>64739915
I've been suffering from depression all my adult life, a million dollars would fix it in about half a second.
>>
>>64739960
>If he took care of his physical state and got validation from within
Let me guess, you're a Zyzztard?
>>
>>64739980
What would also fix that depression is accepting the fact that you can't/won't have that money and then getting off your lazy ass and doing some pushups.
>>
Robin Williams’ widow has said that his medical afflictions would have claimed his life within three “hard years” and that she does not blame him for his suicide. She said he was suffering from a rare form of dementia that my have caused him to suffer from a lack of reason.

Fifteen months after the actor took his life, Susan Schneider Williams told US media she laid the blame for her husband taking his life not on depression but on diffuseLewy body dementia.

In interviews with People magazine and with ABC News, she said: "It was not depression that killed Robin. Depression was one of let’s call it 50 symptoms and it was a small one.”

She added: “This was a very unique case and I pray to God that it will shed some light on Lewy bodies for the millions of people and their loved ones who are suffering with it. Because we didn’t know. He didn’t know.”
>>
>>64739743
nigger, robin williams did exercise, he was a biker and literally said he did that to try coping with it

it doesn't always work, it helps temporarily but in the long run if you are legitimately depressed it doesn't "solve" anything
>>
>>64740005
Nope, lifting or whatever isn't important but it's proven time and time again the reason for this depression bullshit is that humans in ancient times never sat on their ass 24/7 and moped. You get depressed when you don't do shit all day. Even basic activity like a few miles walking and some jumping jacks is enough to fix your bs "depression"
>>
>>64739876
Meaning the chemistry of their brain is different. Perhaps shitty attitude drastically alters your brain, but it is equally possible it is something that happens biologically that is out of our control.
>>64739914
Maybe that was YOUR problem, but not necessarily everybody else's. Drugs and biological defects may permenantly damage the brain. Some people may suffer a different disorder like OCD or APD and it makes forming close bonds with people extremely difficult.

How do you explain bipolar disorder? they have no control over their hormone and dopamine levels from childhood spanning their entire lives. Shitty diet?
>>
>>64740015
>accepting the fact
So lobotomy basically.

>doing some pushups
I've done the whole /fit/ thing a decade ago, didn't fix anything. Doesn't fix shit when you're poor and have a shit life.
>>
Parkinson's can bring on severe depression.
>>
>>64737501
Also doesn't help that your whore of an ex-wife is leeching all your money, forcing you to work on shitty movie after shitty movie just to keep up.
>>
>>64740059
>I know more about medicine than the entire medical field
>>
>>64740059
>You get depressed when you don't do shit all day.
I would be the happiest person on earth if I could do exactly what I'm currently doing but with a modest influx of money, instead of constantly thinking about how my quality of life is constantly deteriorating and how I can't do a single thing I ever wanted to do because everything costs fucking money, and counting days until I'll have to kill myself out of sheer fucking poverty.
>>
David Bowie is dead and all you can talk about is robin williams? You heartless cunt.

YOU FUCKING CUNT. DAVID BOWIE IS FUCKING DEAD!!
>>
>>64740101
The "medical field" is nothing more than the front shop division of the pharmaceutical industry you insufferable pleb. But go ahead and keep spinning that multi billion dollar hamster wheel of "hormonal imbalance" when those very FUCKING HORMONES ARE DETERMINED BY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64738268
>Rich people dont need life insurance
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
I see you "depression isn't real" faggots all the time.

You would never say that schizophrenia is the patients fault. You'd never say that parkinson's is the patients fault. But depression is always the patient's fault.

Why can two diseases be causes by broken dopamine receptors but the other can't. Completely illogical.
>>
>>64740278
So you're saying that "depressed" people are actually insane and should be locked up?
>>
>>64740278
Schizophrenia is uncurable you shithead depression is a result of flawed outlooks in the patient and shitty lifestyle. That's why therapy works 100x better than meds
>>
You could be the richest, most successful person in the universe and still feel absolutely hopeless. Depression just works that way.

I've had depression for more than 10 years, I can manage it with medication but it still sucks.
>>
>>64740339
you are seriously fucking stupid
>>
>>64740339
No. I never said anything like that you fucking turkey. I was saying that all three are real and should be taken seriously.

In some cases they can be treated with medication. In some cases they aren't a danger to themselves or others, in some cases they are. Every case is different. Something Mr. "i cured my depression with excercise" can't seem to grasp.
>>
>>64740400
Don't be a bigot brewski, I'm not stupid, I'm just suffering from stupidity, it's not my fault.
>>
>>64740396
>Depression just works that way

This right here is exactly what's causing your "hormonal imbalance." You're pinning all your problems on an external source and then building outward from that conclusion. "Depressed" people do it all the time--"It's the government's fault" "It's the Jews' fault" "It's racism's fault" "It's my mean old dad's fault." NO. The only way to be happy is internally based validation. "It's my fault." This breaks "clinical depression" instantly
>>
>>64740394
It's treatable you ignorant swine.

And show me the statistics on therapy being more 100 times more successful than medication. I'll wait.
>>
>>64740497
It's on you to prove your shitty point you reddit fuck
>>
depressed people should be prescribed LSD, it'd cure their """clinical""" depression immediately.
>>
>>64740458
I don't know dude, I don't take people with schizophrenia seriously or consider them proper humans, you do? When they start talking about aliens implanting shit into their ass, do you just humor them and enable their insanity? What about when they murder the fuck out of you in your sleep because the big shaman under the lake said so through the street lights?

If you're saying depression is like that, then everyone who has it should be ostracized from society and not associated with or dealt with in any capacity, just like other insane people.
>>
Reminder that depression isn't real.
>>
>>64737482
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64740059
>Nigga never heard about peasants taken by the melancholy
>spouts YOU JUST NEED TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF like it's a real cure for depression
It doesn't matter how successful I am. I'm on a pretty lucrative path right now, I will never, ever not be depressed. I can be happy, sure, but that's totally different.
>>
>>64740528
You sound mentally ill so it's understandable that you'd have these opinions, much like people with schizophrenia.
>>
bless all you autists in this thread

sage
>>
>>64740590
Maybe make a change in your life if you're not happy instead of just accepting your miserable fate.
>>
>>64740516
Burden of proof is on the person arguing against 70 years of psychiatry. But just so you shut up:

"to-treat-depression-drugs-or-therapy" new York Times.

Oh look! Some patients responded better to medication, some responded better to cognitive therapy!

>>64740528
You don't know what you're talking about. Schizophrenia can be treated with medication. I personally know someone who went from being a delusional nutjob to a productive member of society through use of meds. Besides, there's a big difference in minor auditory hallucinations and dangerous maniac but they are both schizophrenics and both need help.
>>
Manic depression and clinical depression are not the same
>>
Depression=the most brilliant thing Pfizer and co. ever came up with

A "disease" that replicates itself once the patient is made to recognize its existence, and medication doesn't fix it but you have to just keep buying it cause after all depression is a disease amirite!
>>
>>64740706
>>Burden of proof is on the person arguing against 70 years of psychiatry.
I've got 500 years of psychiatry saying gay people are insane, do you agree with that too?
>>
>>64740778
Antipsychotics cure all sorts of faggy shit
>>
Looks like you dumbfucks don't understand the concept of depression. Being severely depressed is the psychological equivalent to having cancer.
It is not the psychological equivalent to having the common cold.

You don't just "get better."

You cannot "cheer yourself up" out of severe depression.

Being successful doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
Being loved doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
Having a loving family doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
Having work the person loves doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
Having a great education doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
Being able to make other people laugh doesn't protect a person from getting cancer or being severely depressed.
We do not say to people who have cancer:

"Snap out of it!"
Get out of bed and I'll bet you'll start feeling better!
Why do you have to take medication for that?
Why aren't you better by now?
Are you sure it isn't all in your head?
You can't be feeling bad! Just look at how much you have to be happy and healthy about!

But every person who has had severe depression has heard one or more of these stupid shits.
>>
File: schopenhauer04.jpg (11 KB, 224x263) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer04.jpg
11 KB, 224x263
If you aren't depressed, you're delusional.

>All wanting comes from need, therefore from lack, therefore from suffering.

Anything and everything you desire, you desire it because you lack it. Because you lack it, you suffer; you hurt because of that lack, and until it is fulfilled, you will continue to hurt.

But fulfilling it will not erase the hurt you have already endured. Therefore, you cannot get ahead -- you cannot even break even. You will always experience greater total suffering than pleasure. There is no other way.

The only way out is self-denial. By denying desire, you opt out of what causes you to hurt. By embracing the pain you feel now, you save yourself from more.

Suicide is the answer of the self-deluded man who has bought into the great lie that humans are meant to be happy. Because he is not happy nor sees a way to be happy, he seeks to end his suffering -- but he would gladly live if he could find a way out other than death.

In this way, suicide is, paradoxically, an affirmation of the will to live, which is the source of all human suffering. If someone decides to make the informed decision to end their own life, we have no right to interfere, but most who choose to do so are not making an informed decision: they are delusional. It is only in the acceptance and embrace of one's own suffering that one might find peace from it, and only in compassionate actions towards others that one might reduce it.
>>
File: 7rKbpx2.png (146 KB, 853x764) Image search: [Google]
7rKbpx2.png
146 KB, 853x764
>>64740817
>this is what "depressed" people actually think

wew lad, you fags truly are beyond saving
>>
>>64740817
Sounds good, can I get a depressed millionaire's money then please? Since obviously it isn't helping him any.
>>
>>64740817
hello reddit!
>>
>>64740742
Explain what the fuck was wrong with Nietzche or Newton or any of the numerous other people in history that obviously battled with depression. They were around before modern psychology, the term depression, or depression medication ever started.

You don't know what you are talking about. Why do so many men who never get diagnosed commit suicide? People like you make it out to be a weakness and immasculating when in many cases they'd be better off taking the fucking pills and having a normal life. They work for some people.
>>
>>64740901
>>Explain what the fuck was wrong with Nietzche or Newton
Syphilis and autism, respectively.
>>
>>64740856
Schopenhauer's entire philosophy is based around the fact that a 17 year old girl turned him down.
So the butthurt from that flowed into the passages he produced.

He is the butthurt.
>>
>>64740856
wew lad, you really went all out trying to sound intelligent there...
>>
>>64740901
Nietzsche had ego problems. Constantly babbling on about how fucking great you are while living alone in the mountains is a good recipe for unhappiness

I don't know much about Newton but from what I remember he was also an egotistical fuck
>>
>>64740856
I love this fucking guy.
>>64740778
And yea homosexuality is another biologically influenced nuance of the human mind. The only reason it isn't classified as a "disorder" is because it isn't particularly maladaptive. Sure it lessens the likelihood of reproduction, but productivity and happiness aren't as drastically affected as say depression.
>>
>>64740856
You could've just said if you're likely to experience more sadness than happiness in your life then you should probably kill yourself, but you knew you'd sound stupid so you resorted to mental gymnastics instead.
>>
>>64740941

That happened in 1831.

Most of his work, especially his main work The World As Will and Representation, was written years before that. The World As Will and Representation was published in 1819.
>>
>>64739743
Child detected. No one here needs your shitty myopic view on things faggot
>>
>>64740927
Arguably. But even then, they are brain problems that caused Depression. Many people with depression have accompanying disorders, and there are many others in history that don't. doesn't disprove my point.
>>64740983
Nietzche's ego problems and outlook on life came from his attempts to cure his depression using what was essentially self-therapy and I don't think he ever succeeded, he just fell further into delusion. His works help many people but others still need medication.
>>
File: Schopenhauer02.jpg (34 KB, 198x282) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer02.jpg
34 KB, 198x282
>>64741064

>You could've just said if you're likely to experience more sadness than happiness in your life then you should probably kill yourself

No.

Everyone will experience more sadness than happiness in their life. That's not probability, that's cold hard fact. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only fooling themselves.

Anyone who understands this understands that life is inherently suffering, without escape, so long as one desires anything.

The suicidal man wishes to escape from suffering, but often does not understand that the source of all suffering is desire.

Only the life of the ascetic affords an escape. Only in denying desire can one find peace from suffering, as fulfilling every desire begets yet another desire.
>>
>>64741215
>>Everyone will experience more sadness than happiness in their life.
Then obviously everyone should kill themselves.

Too bad that's not true, a person who has a good life won't experience more sadness than happiness. I would even say that as many as 10-20% of people will experience more happiness than sadness.

And the only reason they will is because they're living off the sadness of the other 80-90%.
>>
>>64741268

Even the top 10-20% experience more suffering than happiness. The curve has merely been flattened, not heightened.

But you are missing the point: all wanting comes from need, therefore from lack. You want something because you need it because you do not have it. Even if you do come to have it, there is a period when you did not: in that time, you felt the pain of its absence, and nothing can erase that.

Once it came to pass, it filled the hole you had before, but any effort to fill it beyond its capacity is entirely wasted -- it overflows into nothing.
>>
>>64741268
Not him, but I don't think you understand the core of what Schopenhauer was saying.

How I understand it is, suicide doesn't fix anything, you only get one life so you might as well live it, even though it's shitty. If you play good ass videogames and watch patrician films, and try not to want anything (women, cars, relief from suffering) you'll have an easier time waiting to die. Don't necessarily mask the sadness, but come to terms with it.

Suicide by its nature is a mirage of relief from pain. But pain is natural. Lying to yourself that you're "happy" is also an illusion. Apparently lots of people are delusional.

He also shits on women which is pretty funny.
>>
>>64741413
Yeah, so basically snuff out all desire and just sit in a cave until you die, or snuff yourself out, great idea. Meanwhile everyone who's at the top of the game is doing a billion times better than you ever have or ever will and you don't even have the guts to start playing.
>>
>>64737482
Shoulda took pills tbH
>>
>>64741423
Ok, tell me how extinguishing all desire is not the exact same thing as a lobotomy or suicide? How is this Schopenhauer's hypothetical any different from a coma patient? It's all fucking bullshit, same goes for Buddhism.

Let's just pretend that we don't want anything because if we acknowledged that we do, we'd have to kill ourselves, oh yeah let's also not advocate suicide because we're too weak for that shit.
>>
>>64738859
My gran has parkinsons and i keep hoping ill hear she has died but instead she just keeps holding onto nothing. i wish euthanasia was an option.
>>
>>64741515
>same goes for Buddhism.

I don't think you understand Buddhism. Buddhists recognize that this life is pointless that's why they sit around and throat sing all day while they wait to die and pass on.

>Let's just pretend that we don't want anything because if we acknowledged that we do, we'd have to kill ourselves, oh yeah let's also not advocate suicide because we're too weak for that shit.

What do you want out of life, anon?
>>
>>64741515

Not all buddhists go to the extent of extinguishing all desire.. buddha himself rejected asceticism (see: Middle Way)
>>
>>64737482
Depression is a disease, it doesn't wait for a reason to strike.
>>
>>64738191
>that pic
hang yourself
>>
>>64741475
"better than you" being what? Money? Women? He explained that wanting those is what causes suffering and it will never be enough and people who think it is are delusional.
>>64741515
He really liked going to plays and seeing live music. and books. You can't enjoy any of those if you're dead. Basically endless indulgence.

A better argument against him would be: "why doesn't everybody become a drug addict? That way they can keep experiencing euphoria without worrying about want." at least that's what I was asking after reading it. I guess the answer to that is that it isn't as "fulfilling" as coming to terms with existence. Understanding what it means to be human and all that. Nietzsche expanded on this with the ubermensch thing. In fact most philosophers argue that the pursuit of truth is the point if life.

Sorry if I'm rambling, the original guy posting pics of him seemed much more knowledgeable.
>>
Just be yourself, brahs. Just kick that depression to the curb.
>>
>people who have everything can be sad too u know!!! :((
LOL
>>
>this thread
>all this armchair psychology
>depression isn't real u just need to man up lol
Now that's what I call Reddit
>>
>>64741215
Not everyone is an ugly, bald perma-virgin manlet Schopenhauer, stop projecting you libido onto an ontology
>>
File: 1284610759916.jpg (13 KB, 340x343) Image search: [Google]
1284610759916.jpg
13 KB, 340x343
>>64741777
>>
>I skimmed your post i'm right based on my personal experience and observations and these specific instances of evidence i found on google dropping my futa manga on my keyboard, get your opposing viewpoint away from me: The Thread
You dickweeds are unbelievable
>>
>>64742383
jokes on you this is my first post in the thread
>>
>>64737482
when he and his wife found out he has a terminal illness - parkinson's - his wife said that she's gonna put him in a home and she's gonna have complete control his finances. she also banned his children from seeing him, because she sees them as competition.

so robin decided he'd rather die than let that happen.
>>
>>64742490
his suicide, he did it for his kids. because then at least his kids have a fighting chance of winning his inheritance. unlike the other scenario, where he slowly dies in a home and she's controlling his wealth and the kids as their legal guardian.
>>
Robin Williams’ widow has said that his medical afflictions would have claimed his life within three “hard years” and that she does not blame him for his suicide. She said he was suffering from a rare form of dementia that my have caused him to suffer from a lack of reason.

Fifteen months after the actor took his life, Susan Schneider Williams told US media she laid the blame for her husband taking his life not on depression but on diffuseLewy body dementia.

In interviews with People magazine and with ABC News, she said: "It was not depression that killed Robin. Depression was one of let’s call it 50 symptoms and it was a small one.”

FUCKING READ THIS
>>
>>64741578
>Not all buddhists go to the extent of extinguishing all desire.. buddha himself rejected asceticism (see: Middle Way)
Yeah, and what does that mean? He was a fucking prince. Of course a rich faggot who has everything in the world can preach bullshit to people who don't have anything. It's just a tool to preserve the social order and explain inequality to people at the bottom.

"See, I sacrificed everything to still have a life that's a thousand times better than yours also now I'm noble and spiritual and you have to suck my cock and kiss my toes"

>>64741775
>He really liked going to plays and seeing live music. and books. You can't enjoy any of those if you're dead. Basically endless indulgence.
So basically shit for poorfags? And protip: he had money, and he had a very good position in society, look his biography up, it's not like he lived in a gutter and was shunned by everyone.
>>
>>64737482

I Understand depressionis just a chemical imbalance in the brain and sometimes no matter how good your life is you can still be dpressed, but was he really so far gone that not even strong medication could work? I've been depressed for, just a fucking cloud of sadness with no particular origin and no obvious problem to fix, it's awful. But medication worked great. Did he just not get help or what the fuck
>>
File: beheading.jpg (2 MB, 2356x2916) Image search: [Google]
beheading.jpg
2 MB, 2356x2916
I don't think its necessarilly any of these things. I think it was like Marilyn Monroe. When you're a comedian, you become the 'tell me a joke' guy. Like the clownfish in finding nemo.

I remember watching the TV show he was doing right before he died and telling my dad that he was going to commit suicide. I just saw the look in his eyes, the jokes were just so totally shit, and his name was all over the show, so it was like, what a fucking disappointment.

The hardest part of a comedian, without wit or humor. Is that it feels like losing an identity. Especially since he played the 'role' more than he got to actually act like himself. To the point he probably believed that was him.

So when 'him' was dead, it only makes sense that the real body follow suite.
>>
>>64744816
dat shit so deep mang u toke da kush of the wiched chron or da shroom of quetzalcoatl peace in the middle east brah kilroy was here
>>
ITT: depressed people arguing whether or not they can help themselves

some people like to be sad, being confident can be a chore
>>
File: 37.jpg (28 KB, 389x378) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
28 KB, 389x378
>21 century
>people still think that depression is just attention seeking or a personal choice
>despite that most clinically depressed people are the ones you are least aware of
>"cheer up maaan stop being such a baby"

It's like telling a nigger to stop being so black.
>>
>>64737809
imagine living your whole life normally, getting rich and famous, suffering from depression, dying, and then some overpaid mortician says you had giga autism your whole life? It's the equivalent of saying hitler was a bad guy even though he had good intentions for his people. I hate the fact that humans can label each other even far after death. It makes succeeding pointless.
>>
>>64745196
I have no idea why you brought confidence into this..

I think you mean being happy can be a chore..
>>
>>64745352
Niggers should stop being so black and you crybabbys should toughen up.
>>
>>64737482
that makes no sense, if there was a connection, only people from 3rd world shitholes would get depressed
>>
File: bbslap.gif (186 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bbslap.gif
186 KB, 320x240
>>64739743
How do you retards not get what dementia is?
>>
Define "successful"
>>
>>64737482

Jump off a bridge and ask him
>>
It's logical to be depressed.

This world is pretty shitty to be honest
>>
Real depression just makes you depressed regardless.

The fucked up thing is that being so loved and successful probably made him even more depressed. A brain suffering from clinical depression would warp it into something akin to: "I don't deserve all this wealth and success, I'm so useless. I wish people would treat me like the useless sack of shit that I am. I can't live up to their expectations at all."

Just like people suffering from whatever mental illness causes one to be transgender, it alters your perception of reality.
>>
>>64747038
This, most people in first world countries live better than kings did, yet we can still become depressed.
>>
>>64748264

Money and awards given by a jury of your peers?
>>
Depression is a personality x environment issue, its not a true mental disease
You take depressed person to the right environment he is cured
>>
"Anti-depression" posters, are you anti-vaxxers too? Not trolling, just curious.
>>
>>64737482
It's because he was only hired to play autists like Forrest Gump and the Groundhog Day guy.
>>
>>64749080
Nah, it's a physical condition. People have known about it for centuries. In the old days they called it "melancholia".
>>
>>64738690
>normies are the ones NOT obsessed with the physical world

???
>>
File: 1428970459150.jpg (561 KB, 584x1298) Image search: [Google]
1428970459150.jpg
561 KB, 584x1298
>>64737482
>>
>>64749080
Yes and no. There's different types of depressions. There IS one that is a mental disease and not dependant on the environement.
>>
>>64749365
What is their problem with Zelda Williams?
>>
>>64739769
>cocaine
>holes in the brain
Isn't that meth?
>>
>>64749529

They're just shitty people.

She had nothing to do with his suicide. He killed himself because he was terminally ill and it was only going to get worse.
>>
>>64740061
>Perhaps shitty attitude drastically alters your brain
Yeah that makes sense, it's really amazing how much the brain can change in response to repeated stimuli.

>but it is equally possible it is something that happens biologically that is out of our control.
What in the hell are you talking about, the brain just randomly rewires itself into a depressed one for no reason?
>>
>>64740063
>So lobotomy basically.
Based on this response you appear to have been lobotomized yourself.
>>
>>64741622
Depression is not a disease. You do not "catch" depression. Depression is as much a disease as an idea.
>>
File: 1422252029028.jpg (689 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1422252029028.jpg
689 KB, 2448x3264
>>64740856
>>
File: 1444583730929.jpg (531 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1444583730929.jpg
531 KB, 2448x3264
>>64749732
'The Story of Philosophy' by Bryan Magee 02 20151017_084516
>>
>>64740706
>70 years of psychiatry
Psychiatrists used to think jamming spikes in peoples brain was a good idea, and this was in the last century.
>>
>>64749724
There are a myriad of other conditions that you don't "catch" yet are regarded as diseases, you clod.

Nice talking out of your ass, though.
>>
>>64738604
fuckcthat movie was good. first half at least
>>
>>64737708
Losers on 4chan think not being able to get a date is the same as having clinical depression.
>>
>>64749834
Think of all the work and progress you could disregard with that awful logic.
>>
>>64741064
Fuck you're dumb that post wasn't really that hard to understand.
>>
>>64737482
kek
>>
>>64749724
>I caught cancer! I caught cerebral palsy! I caught autism!

Do you realize how fucking stupid you are?
>>
>>64750008
Not really. I must be too 'stupid" to get it.
>>
>>64749588
It's DARE propaganda promoted by Oprah.
>>
>>64750087
At least you're honest with yourself.

You can get smarter anon, there's still time.
>>
>>64750008
Your whole criteria for why depression wasn't a disease is that you couldn't catch it, but thousands of diseases are not things that you catch
>>
>>64738666
But Satan, money and external validation is literally all you need to be happy, it's scientifically proven.
>>
>>64750153
Meant for >>64750087
>>
>>64737482

That his wife was an old golddigging Jew and it was better to jerk off with a belt around his neck.
>>
>>64749080
Prove it, dumbass. You can't just make assertions without evidence and expect people to believe you.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.