[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw this guy actually turned out to be one of the good guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
>mfw this guy actually turned out to be one of the good guys

Damn, I was not expecting him to be a red herring. I thought for sure he was the one who poisoned the coffee. I'm glad him and Samuel L teamed up at the end to kill the chick.

H8ful thread
>>
>>64737357
he was pretty likable from the get go, he wasn't hateful very much at all
>>
>>64737388
Checked
>>
>>64737357
Do you remember the two horses in front of OB's wagon? One black the other white.
>>
It bugs me that the old general didn't they anything after Ruth took the weapons. He could've totally gotten away with it.
>>
>>64737417
It's pottery for Samuel L and the sherrif overcoming their racism and working together to bring justice to the lawless frontier
>>
>>64737449
Channing Tatum was under the floorboards, he would have known
>>
>>64737509
What's kinda cool about the bandits is that the basically act like Oswaldo talked about hangmen. They aren't cruel in the sense that they get emotional, they couldn't care less. They just kill because it's their job. And considering how Oswaldo said frontier justice apt to be wrong as much as it's right, I suppose it's the same with frontier injustice.

Btw. did anybody else think Bob would've made a good worker at the Haberdashery?
>>
>>64737534
>there's another guy under the floorboard. Tell him you shoot Daisy unless he comes up.
>>
>>64737357
ABRAHAM LINCOLN
>>
>>64737449
>>64737681

This

It also made no sense that channing tatum would leave him alive. Seems way too risky to keep him alive just to make the situation more believable .
>>
>>64737681
He probably saw them hide the pistol under the table. Why would a racist confederate general want to help two unapologetically anticonfederate union veterans (one of whom is black) anyway
>>
>>64737681
I mean being a general and all he sucks a strategy. On the other hand the south lost the war so I guess it's not that far out there. I bet Sweet Dave was about to win the chess game as well.
>>
>>64737509
> they hate eachother in the beginning
> use teamwork to hang daisy at the end
That was fucking cool.
>>
>>64737887
I'd suppose guys who think slavery is ok are more the law and order types, and I can't see him being too fond of criminals.
>>
>>64737357
Well he WAS the sheriff, he had to uphold the law.
>>
>>64737357
A red herring is something that seems important but really isn't.

He's the opposite of a red herring.
>>
>>64737973
Do you think he only got to be Sheriff because he was the only idiot who volunteered?
>>
>>64738031
He's more like a switch and bait anti-hero.
>>
File: 1444802824737.gif (3 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
1444802824737.gif
3 MB, 320x227
>>64737933
Yeah, about halfway in I had a sinister suspicion that the movie would end with:

>confrontation between sherrif and samuel l where he ends up making him suck his dick like in the story
>scene comes up with the girl trying to make a deal with the sherrif
>literally say out loud "Oh god, here we go..." while also rolling mg eyes and totally expecting him to try and betray Samuel L
>figure he Samuel would somehow overcome the odds and shoot him while making him suck his butchered penis while he dies

Was a pleasant surprise. Anyone else here agree that the dick sucking story was obviously fake? He even said "I grabbed that black hair..." when the son in the general's imagination clearly had brown hair.
>>
>>64737509
I just realized the horses pulling the wagon is like Mannix and Marcus pulling the rope daisy is hung with.
>>
>>64738119
>switch and bait

Ok now you're definitely doing it on purpose.
>>
>>64737935
He seemed like a pretty burnt out guy
>>
>>64738173
I think he overdid it a little, but he killed him. At least he knew fever took the mother over night. The general didn't mention that. He only said fever took her.
>>
>>64738248
I've written a tv-tropes article on this. It's real.
>>
>>64738307
So he did make him suck his dick then?
>>
File: 1451020792667.jpg (307 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1451020792667.jpg
307 KB, 2048x1536
>>64738173
Doesn't matter, if the son had any dignity, he would've gone down fighting instead of being caught alive.

Who the fuck pursues someone known to have killed upwards of a hundred men alone?
>>
>>64738340
I don't think so. He seemed careful enough to say to Ruth bringing in a desperate man alive is a good way to get yourself killed, so I doubt he would stick his pecker into a desperate man's mouth. Unless he knocked his teeth out first. He might I guess considering he said his mouth was full of blood.
>>
>>64738173
I believe he killed the son, but I don't think he made the dude suck his dick. Jackson's character was trying to push the general's buttons until he snapped so he could legally justify killing him in self defense.
>>
>>64738334
It's bait and switch.

But you already knew that.
>>
>>64737640
Nah, he was just a messican
>>
>>64738583
Also it was well established that he was a ruthless liar.
>>
>>64738489
>>64738583
Why is this such a big deal again?

So what if he made him suck his dick?

Yeah it's shitty but is it really the most horrific thing that could happen?
>>
Who else loved the first part? I thought the slow tension build up made the tarintino stuff after better.
>>
>>64738643
Only when it came to self preservation through the letter, so hardly "ruthless."

He honored Ruth's wish to see Daisy swing so he obviously had some sense of honor.
>>
>>64738647
No, I just don't think he did it.

>>64738697
Killing 37 of your own men to get a run to the trees is pretty ruthless.
>>
YOU HAVE TO USE TWO BOARDS
>>
>>64738733
Yeah, I don't know about that "honour" thing to be honest. He seemed way more opportunistic than that.
>>
>>64738650
It got better when I rewatched the movie a couple of times.

I wish OB would've gotten away somehow..
>>
I liked how Mannix essentially believed in what the Confederacy represented and the bandits on the other hand are just opportunistic murderers
>>
File: 1448002653039.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1448002653039.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>64738647
Because the perceived racial implications and 4chan's obessive paranoia of cuckolding shit.

You been under a rock? Whenever someone talks about this movie on /tv/ someone instantly accuses Quentin of being a cuck.

I'm surprised someone hasn't made the accusation of "all black horses save for the white one is obviously a hidden metaphor for black men gang banging a white woman"
>>
>>64738889
I'm one of the guys who claimed he didn't do it. I think Tarrantino was rather neutral in Hateful 8. All characters were human beings, no mary sues as far as I can tell. It's not like Sam Jackson was portrayed as a good guy. It was a cunt move to kill the old bastard after they ate soup together. Not saying the general wasn't a cunt as well, but anyway.
>>
>>64739012
Yeah sexual sadism is pretty fucked up. I'm just explaining why discussion here of the movie usually remains fixated on that scene.
>>
>>64738071
That, and he's got a famous daddy. Whoever hired him for the job probably knew his dad, at least by reputation.
>>64738173
>when the son in the general's imagination clearly had brown hair.
It looked like he had black hair that was going salt and pepper to me.
>>64738340
I totally think he did. The first time I saw the movie I didn't. After multiple viewings I find it completely believable that he did. Re-watch the scene in the stage coach where Sam is telling the sheriff about the southern boys coming' to call.
>>64738647
To a man? your son? This of what a racist homophobe this general probably is.
>>
File: 1450111254094.png (746 KB, 629x695) Image search: [Google]
1450111254094.png
746 KB, 629x695
>>64737357

Mfw goggins is a new ebin meme
>>
File: gone forever.jpg (36 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
gone forever.jpg
36 KB, 480x477
>O.B. died in that cabin
>>
>>64737449
That dude was still under the floor boards
>>
File: image.gif (880 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
880 KB, 420x236
>>64739132
Poor O.B we hardly knew ye.
>>
>>64738733
But none of that involved lying.

>>64738763
He didn't have to have Daisy hang.

He was honoring Ruth's wish because he respected him.
>>
File: a7be9pe_700b.jpg (30 KB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
a7be9pe_700b.jpg
30 KB, 520x292
>>64737640
>>
>>64737357
this movie sucked dick and was basically just a way to say nigger as many times as possible while being socially acceptable.
>>
>>64739121
Ain't love grand Anon?
>>
>>64737388
No he wasn't. He was an unlikable faggot.
>>
>YOU GOTTA NAIL IT SHUT!
>>
>I love killing white crackers

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64739322
He hated crackers as they haunted ans reminded him of his time in the army when all he had to eat for days at a time where stale white crackers in the rations issued to him
>>
>>64739277
Why didn't they use a wedge?
>>
>>64739277
How fast did that joke get tired and cringeworthy?

For me it was 2 seconds
>>
>>64739364
Seems to me that he killed the old guy after Ruth was pissed at him. Selfworth issues maybe.
>>
>>64739417
I feel like he had to win back the respect of the room.
But he'd probably been thinking about it since the moment he saw the old man and knew who he was.
>>
Why did Mannx not show a single shred of animosity to Samuel Jackson after he killed the general?
>>
>KICK IT IN! YOU GOTTA KICK THE DOOR!
>>
File: Untitled.png (818 KB, 1176x427) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
818 KB, 1176x427
Is this the greatest shot in cinema history?
>>
>>64738889
In the leaked first draft it was pretty clear that the general's son did suck his dick, pretty smart for Tarantino to leave it ambiguous on the movie, else he would've never heard the end of it from all the spergs that can't help but project themselves into every character that's thrown in front of them onscreen.
>>
>>64739454
Talking about him entering the door the first time. What did they say about him in the back ground. Only heard something something black dog, daisy singing, and "a labrador".
>>
>>64739558
First draft doesn't mean shit though.
>>
>>64739465
Good question
>>
>>64739465
>He lost respect for the General after seeing how he let himself be manipulated by the nignog.
>He was the sheriff and it was agreed that Warren acted lawfully and in self defense.
>There were far more pressing matters seeing as someone had poisoned the coffee, so they had no choice but to partner up in order to survive.

Enough explanation for ya?
>>
>>64739600
I know, also on the first draft it was never revealed that the Lincoln letter was forged
>>
>>64739465
>>64739630
>>64739639

the narrartor mentions that mannix, ruth, and oswaldo have a debate about the legality of the shooting

plus at that point I'm pretty sure mannix is unarmed, while warren is still packing
>>
>>64739465
We don't know how much time passed. For all we know they yelled at Jackson for a while and then he just sat down and took a drink. Also he did pick up the weapon, it was his own choice.
>>
Why didn't they shoot Sam when he shot the general? They could say that he was probably the one working with Daisy as he just ruthlessly murdered a man by forcing his hand, and they already were talking about how if there was never a moment to easily off somebody, they'd make it themselves. It fit perfectly.

Besides, they could have just shot Sam or beat the crap out of him, stabbed him with a knife, etc. Hangman and the driver were already dead, and the only person left was the sheriff who they could have just shot from under the floorboards or said that it was justice for shooting the general, and how he was probably working to save her.

But no they waited until the one guy with a gun put them against a wall.
>>
>>64739689
Interesting. So Tarrantino probably thought this was to cliche so he turned it around to counter expectations.

I kinda wonder where I remember this from. There must have been a movie with something like that. Black guy carrying a important letter.
>>
>>64738234

Yeah, just a little heavy handed I'd say. Like Tarantula smashing the audience over the head with a hammer with his "muh symbolism." Really bad filmmaking.
>>
>>64739121
>he doesn't remember 5 O'clock BITCH RAPING TIME from Predators

Goggins was easily the best thing about that movie
>>
>I'm glad him and Samuel L teamed up at the end to kill the chick.
I'm not. She was the most interesting character in the whole movie.
>>
>>64739778
>Why didn't they shoot Sam when he shot the general?
I was wondering the same thing. I thought surely they're going to fuck him up now.
>>
>>64739882
To me it was O.B. or how you spell his name. Obi like Obi-Wan?
>>
>>64739937
Why would Ruth kill him? He still needed him and Goggins couldn't do shit because he was going to be Sherrif and it would've been murder.
>>
>>64739944
I thought it was "Oppie" like from Andy Griffith
>>
The movie was way too predictable

>Someone isn't who he says he is
>immediately think "oh, then it's everybody, or there is an extra one guy we can't see"
>it's both

I was expecting the flashback to show them to have all have different reasons for lying, like why Gage poisoned the coffee etc, and only the guy downstairs wanting to lift Daisy, but in the end it was just "they were ALL in on it"

Meh
>>
>>64739937
It's the old fucking west. It was a perfectly justified shooting.
>>
>>64739998
>>64739944
Watched it with subs, it was O. B.

Plus it says so during the intro, I think
>>
>>64740003
Was Gage Daisy's lover?
>>
honestly I really liked Oswaldo and Bob, I thought they were way more likeable than the nigger and John Ruth
>>
>>64740111
her beta orbiter probably
>>
>>64740111
I got the feeling he was her uncle or something.
>>
>>64740112
Bob, I agree, but Oswaldo was an eyerolling cliché

It was cool how he had to pause for a second when formularing his thoughts
>>
was Mannix really a Sheriff?

was the significance of Mannix reading the Lincoln letter at the end pointing out that Mannix and Warren were somewhat in the same position, both liars who say whatever they have to to survive?
>>
>>64740209
he was playing a cliché on purpose
>>
>>64737933
they just hated daisy even more than each other
>>
>>64740244
>>64740209
I liked how he went from posh british to a rougher cockney accent when shit hit the fan.
>>
>>64740229
Damn that's a good point. I never really doubted the whole Sheriff shtick but I guess it's possible he was lying too.
>>
>>64740209
That's somewhat good acting because it isn't just saying your lines but doing the internal stuff as well. The opposite of it is like what they do in gilmore girls, where they instantly start talking after the other person stops.

I like to think Tim Roth tried to play some british bandit who did a christopher waltz impression, who happened to be real hangman.
>>
Why did everyone pronounced Daisy's last name as Domergue and she pronounced as Domengray? Which one was it? Was it pottery?
>>
>>64740229
It was cool how Daisy gave Jackson a "is this fucker serious look" in the wagon after he pulled out the letter.
>>
>>64740300
Well the whole point of Gilmore girls is that they talk really fast about unimportant shit
>>
>>64740320
Domingre is a portmanteau of names.
>>
>>64738368
they were looking for someone else
>>
i've seen this but could you not have at least spoilered your post ?

fucking arseholes in here
>>
>>64740229
in the script it's left ambiguous, all the other characters are revealed to be liars, but Mannix it's never revealed

in the original script Mannix is the only survivor of the shootout as well, Daisy kills Warren originally
>>
>>64740320
Notice how her brother spoke spanish. They probably both were halfbloods and Ruth didn't really rialize the two were connected because he spelled her name wrong. Back in the day I suppose this happened often because it's not like you could google names. Notice how Mannix got both Marcus West's and John Ruth's first names wrong.
>>
Mannix was a one man version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39AJrNlWw4
>>
>>64740433
It's still not totally clear if Mannix dies. It's likely but who knows.
>>
>>64740412
fuck off
>>
>>64740435
he spoke French as well
>>
>>64740476
"Last and final act as Sheriff" kind of hinted towards him dying
>>
File: George-Costanza-OCBD1.jpg (17 KB, 394x370) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-OCBD1.jpg
17 KB, 394x370
>go to see hateful eight
>theater is mostly empty
>couple walks in
>sits in the SAME fucking row as us
>talk endlessly, for three whole fucking hours non-stop, and when the music or noise from the movie made it hard for them to hear each other they just talked over it
>girl was on her phone and would let it sit idle, tilting it towards my face
>FOR
>THREE
>FUCKING
>HOURS
>180 CONSECUTIVE MINUTES

Why do people do this shit? I was fucking enraged at first before I was able to just tune them out
>>
>>64740435
I didn't think about that, I just assumed Daisy was married.
But you're probably right about that.

I think Manix really was the Sheriff. Like that other anon said, he'd never been caught in any lie. When Oswaldo revealed himself as the hangman, Mannix asked him for some documents on a hanging that was to occur. Even though he was a racist hick, Mannix was really the only honest character other than Poor O.B.
>>64740509
He spoke Spanish because I imagine their gangster activities take them there quite often. I doubt he actually was fluent in french. Just a way to impress the ladies.
>>
>>64737388
I want /pol/ to leave this board.
>>
>>64740003
>I was expecting the flashback to show them to have all have different reasons for lying, like why Gage poisoned the coffee etc, and only the guy downstairs wanting to lift Daisy, but in the end it was just "they were ALL in on it"
You just complained about the movie being too predictable and now you complain that you didn't predict EVERYONE to be in on it.

What most people don't get is that tarantino is doing the thing again where he takes a genre and completely changes it when it starts to become stale.
The movie starts as a whodunit and ends as a psychological thriller and bloodbath.

The entire POINT is that there is not "one guy in cahoots" but the entire fucking cabin.

It's more of a remake of THE THING in that aspect.
>>
>>64737681

the second the general told them tatum was under the floorboards he wouldve started shooting before anyone could put 2 and 2 together. there was also the hidden pistol under the table he may have seen be hidden.
>>
>>64740542
"Excuse me, could you please be quiet? I'm trying to watch the movie."
Was that so hard you autist? How did you even get past the no singles policy?
>>
>>64740613
What most people don't get is that tarantino is doing the thing again where he takes a genre and completely changes it when it starts to become stale. The movie starts as a whodunit and ends as a psychological thriller and bloodbath.

Would be nice if he reinvented himself now. I love the movie, but I'd like what other stuff he could do. Imagine a Tarrantino Si-Fi movie.
>>
>>64738647

It turns marquess from an anti-hero, someone who kills bad people for money, but is otherwise a good person, into a depraved rapist. It's a huge difference in the character.
>>
Walton was the best part of the movie, while I enjoyed the movie I was disappointed in comparison to the last few movies Tarantino has made.
>>
>>64740694
i prefer Westerns to Sci-fi desu
>>
>>64740723
it as established earlier that he was a blood thirsty nutcase who burned people alive, not a good person at all
>>
>>64740542
My wife's son and my daughter do the same thing when I go to the cinema with them
>>
>>64740723
Black people can't rape

Rape = Prejudice + Power
>>
File: George-Washington-Crying.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
George-Washington-Crying.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
>>64740678
Well they were a black couple and I really really didnt want to come across as an uptight racist white guy

Thats not me lying either.
>>
Movie was comfy, but pointlessly long. So much stuff they could have cut shorter and the entire chapter 4 was not needed at all
>>
>>64740596
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64740907
chapter 4 was the best in the movie you pleb
>>
>>64740907
I found it comfy because of it's length. Enough time to let the perceived cold affect me and then I could just concentrate on the movie.
>>
>>64740907
It didnt feel its length at all
>>
>>64740949
I noticed that too. I think that's why I liked the movie so much. Because the chapters are all one long scene you can really get into the setting. I think that chapter 1 did this the best.
>>
>>64737388
When he said the line about them getting their news from papers printed in Washington DC, I was surprised that Unofarto would go to the trouble of making the racist character have depth. Then he went and made him the hero.
>>
Also why was the door broken?
>>
File: 1418084867095.gif (1 MB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1418084867095.gif
1 MB, 198x200
>when Tarantino's voice over came in
>thought they had played the wrong version, thought it was a commentary or something
>mfw it's part of the movie
>>
>>64741027
Bob tried to shoot the nigger as he walked in, he broke the door
>>
>>64741027
When they killed charlie the mexican shot the latch off in the confusion
>>
>>64741025
That was not depth, that was just /pol/ shit

>Oh you get your news from liberal sources

He didnt deny robbin and lootin
>>
>>64739791
I think it's intended to be heavy handed so you think is supposed to be Ruth and Warren, not Warren and Mannix. I was expecting Ruth to heavy plot armor because of that scene.
>>
>>64741040
It was so fucking bad

It really felt like he HAD to shoehorn a cameo, but couldn't find a way
>>
>>64741084
to have*
>>
>>64740723
No, Marquis was a selfish asshole from the get-go. The 30-something people he burned alive to escape prison also included black people who were just as innocent as he was.

It's re-established later with the Lincoln letter that he's a liar who will say anything to get what he wants.

So, in all likelihood, the story about the general's son was bullshit (at least the blowjob part) to get the general pissed enough to go for the gun.
>>
>>64739778

why would the bandits give a shit if he shot the general? tatum couldve opened fire and the gang could have attacked but mannix and sam jackson couldve still picked one of them off. not worth risking your life over
>>
>>64741073
>That was not depth, that was just /pol/ shit
>>Oh you get your news from liberal sources
Im sure you never complain about Fox News

>He didnt deny robbin and lootin
true, but then it's revealed that SLJ is a war criminal who burned dozens of people alive.

Im not saying it's Shakespeare, I just expected Tarantino to say black=good, white=bad and he didnt.
>>
>Well, Tarantino likes his n-word

Oh. I finally got it.
>>
>>64741040
The narration actually worked alright in the roadshow cut, since it came right after the intermission. Quentin using his own goofy-ass voice was definitely a mistake, but the narration itself didn't seem out of place. Then I saw the theatrical cut. Jesus. Why are you recapping things we saw happen 30 seconds ago?
>>
>>64741106
He could have been the stagecoach driver or a worker. His voice pulled me out of the movie which I doubt was the intent
>>
>>64741145
meant for
>>64741099
>>
>>64739882

its not like you missed out on any potential screentime for her. she died at the very end of the movie.
>>
>>64741140
he should have edited that out, it was jarring.

I've only seen the theatrical cut, what was different in the roadshow version?
>>
>>64740723
Whether he did it or not, making an old man you've just been sitting and chatting friendly with believe in his last living minutes that his son died choking on your big black dingus is pretty depraved. Even if the general was a cunt.
>>
>>64741040
This. It wasn't even someone with a cool western voice like Sam Elliot. Every time I hear Tarantino's voice I think of him in that scene in pulp fiction. takes you out of the movie
>>
I thought it was interesting that Joe Gage is the only person in the main cast to not call Marquis a nigger to his face, considering that of all of them, Michael Madsen looks like he'd fit in best at a Klan meeting.
>>
Mike was spot on but not so much about the violence. It started off great and was set up to be such a fucking chess match between everyone and then it just turns into simplistic plebshit. The setup chapter was fun and nice to see but also completely pointless because there was literally nothing interesting to reveal. Everyone was the bad guy - whoa so innovative. There was a really good opportunity to come up with some clever shit for motivations and such but i guess they just couldn't be bothered.

He didn't have to go full mystery chess match either - just a couple more clever ideas would have brought this movie over the top, where it belongs, because the rest of it is gorgeous and comfy.
>>
>>64739527

Man, both black and white unite to destroy mankind's true enemy. Women. It's poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>64741179
It had an intermission after the general gets shot
>>
>>64741187
>Every time I hear Tarantino's voice I think of him in that scene in pulp fiction
Good for you

I couldn't stop thinking "what's going on here" with his uno farto face
>>
I watched the theatrical cut that leaked, was the intermission really needed?
>>
>>64741195
Gage never really interacts with him, he mostly tries to keep a low profile, he was the worst at trying to seem friendly
>>
>>64741202
*giggles* I really liked this movie
>>
>>64741202
It was more like poker than chess desu.
>>
>>64740435
>dommergue
probably
>do merguez
or something

oh shit, dindnt even realize that
>>
>>64741179
There's a scene where Mannix tells the General that Marquis is the nigger who had the 35k bounty on his head, and the General reacts incredulously. There's also a scene where Bob plucks half a chicken and gets up to do something else, but Marquis tells him that's bad luck and kind of intimidates him into plucking the rest of the chicken.

I'm sure there are other things I didn't catch that QT added, the roadshow cut is supposed to be 6 minutes longer.
>>
>>64741265
It's a long as fuck movie. Intermissions in movies exist to let people take a piss and/or get more snacks. There are some recent movies pushing or going over 3 hours that I wish had fucking intermissions.
>>
>>64741310
>There's also a scene where Bob plucks half a chicken and gets up to do something else, but Marquis tells him that's bad luck
I honestly dont remember that.
>>
>>64740834

you were probably just scared of the black dude
>>
Golden Globe for best soundtrack..

r-really?
>>
Do we all agree Jennifer Jason Leigh was the best part of this film?
>>
>>64740907

therea no reason to make the movie as short as possible when the movie revels in its individual scenes. moving the plot along was secondary. mike is always right
>>
>>64741271
Joe Gage calls him sneaky when he puts the knife to his neck, I believe that's the extent of their interaction while "in character." Even when he's Grouch Douglas, though, he doesn't make any racist remarks, whereas English Pete calls him a nigger a few times.

I just think it's interesting that QT seemed to have gone out of his way to show every other character's racism in some way, (even sweet ol' Minnie hated Mexicans) so it was a bit strange/interesting that Joe Gage was the only one who didn't overtly display any racist tendencies.
>>
>>64741366
Normies would be mad if Morricone didnt win

Plus what else was there?
>>
>>64741395
>Joe Gage calls him sneaky
kind of ironic considering he poisons the coffee and kills two people
>>
>>64741366
Are you serious? The score was probably the best part of the movie.
>>
>>64741425
Poison is also a woman's weapon

Was he transsexual?
>>
>>64741110

It's been established that he's a liar who will say what he needs to to survive. It's possible he didn't start the fire but just escaped during it and let people think he started it to seem more imposing.
>>
>>64741456
it was unused material from The Thing, it wasn't a new score.
>>
>>64741477
he admits that he did it m8
>>
What?! The sheriff is near?!
>>
this movie was comfy

i had fun trying to guess who put poison into the coffee.
>>
>>64741333
It was mostly inconsequential, which is probably why it got cut for the wide release. He probably only left it in the roadshow cut as a kind of lead up to the Marquis/Bob confrontation later.
>>
>>64741506
had HUGE 'The Thing' flashbacks watching this film. The isolation and Kurt Russell..
>>
>>64741506
Some of it was unused material from The Thing; most of it was original.
>>
>>64741522
It's also pottery for chapter 4. More important than 10 minutes of pole hammering
>>
>>64739778
another question I had in mind is that once the dude under th floor shot of Jacksons balls. And he fell down and was on his back in agony, why didn't he just shoot him again? he was clearly a threat .
>>
>>64741265
It breaks the movie up nicely, give you a chance to take a piss/ refill / stretch legs, and it comes at the point in the movie right before all hell breaks loose giving the film a good breather from the tension before the storm
>>
>>64741395

qt has madsen play stone cold stoic badasses every time. having his character humanize himself by displaying racism would diminish his mystique
>>
>>64741202
I'm guessing like Mike the movie made you feel stupid when the simplest explanation (with a few slight twists, like the general and someone in the basement) was in fact the explanation.
>>
>>64739778
When he shot the general, Ruth was very much alive. If they'd shot Marquis, they would've given away the fact that they (or just Oswaldo I guess) had concealed weapons. And literally as soon as Ruth died, Marquis had a gun to Domergue's head and told the rest of them to get up against the wall.
>>
>>64741506
There was like 2 scenes with unused thing music and the rest was original
>>
>>64741513

I'm saying he could have been lying when he admitted it. I mean, he could also have done it. I'm just saying if you're using that as proof he's a fucked up dude who would make a guy he's about to kill suck his dick, my point is that both stories could have been fabricated. His lighting the place on fire to break out and the dick sucking could have been lies.
>>
>>64741719

No, because i was not rushing ahead trying to figure things out. I just took it as it came, and it turned out to be a really shit direction in comparison to how great the rest of it was. No need to be butthurt about criticism.
>>
>>64741627

That's probably what happened in the original screenplay but he changed it to keep marquess alive so they could have the bit at the end where they hang daisy and mannox reads the letter.
>>
>>64741547
That pole hammering was suspenseful as fuck, though, thanks to the score.
>>
>>64739527
The shot of Daisy hanging with the showshoes on the wall behind looking like angel wings is way better.
>>
>>64740994
I doubt the general's son thought that
>>
>>64740545
I get the feeling that they were creole or atleast grew up around creole people because Daisey seemed like she sympathized with the south more. And Channing is actually from the south plus the lastname domergue is french.
>>
>>64741210
This desu senpai. I wish people could look past race and see the true problem in the world.
>>
>>64741145
i thought he was gonna be Sweet Dave, especially when I realised Minnie is black
>>
The movie is really clever. Its established early that Jackson and mannix are both HUGE racists. The only one who isnt is Ruth who tries to be progressive and "play by the rules"

He is the proto liberal.
>muh justice gotta bring her in alive
>muh sappy Lincoln letter
Because he is such a naive white man he gets fucked over.
The only white guy who survives is the hardcore racist hick who is smart enough to Team up with the hardcore racist black.
>>
>>64742371
God insight! You're probably right! If thy grew up speaking french it would make a lot os sense that he's pick up Spanish pretty easy spending time in Mexico.
>>
>>64742764
But truly it was his love of coffee that fucked him over.
>>
>>64741099
I really look at this movie like a play. Especially if you saw the 70mm version. I mean it had an overture and and intermission. The narration came right after the intermission and I think it fit into the idea that this was a play. I think a highschool or theater could actually put this on. The dialogue was amazing, there were monologs, and allusions to something outside the play (the American Civil war) which is a trope I've seen in many plays. Overall yes it was kind of dumb in a movie but it fits as a play.
>>
>>64742819
I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see this adapted for the stage.
>>
The more I think about this movie the more I love it.
Tarantinos third best one for sure.
>>
I really liked this movie, plus soundtrack was cool
>>
>>64742850
I'm on my 4th watch through, and I'm really liking it more and more. It's certainly one of QTs best.
>>
>>64740911
Hey there neckbeard
>>
>Warren, that's the problem with old men. You can kick them down the stairs and say it's an accident, but you can't just shoot them.
Fucking gold.
>>
File: image.jpg (505 KB, 1014x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505 KB, 1014x1500
>Not discussing Kurt Russell's superior Western
>>
Why did Minnie not get pissed off when she first met bob when the Domergue gang showed up? Did she just not have enough time to see he was messican? Why didn't sweet Dave say anything?
>>
>>64743371
Warren lied about Minnie hating Mexicans, it was a huge buff.
>>
>>64743371
>>64743422
Either way it doesn't really matter. The sign was down, the policy was no longer in effect. She seemed like a very polite woman. She's not going to turn away everyone on the coach for one dude. But you can bet she planned to keep her eye on him.
>>
Fuck /tv/ doesn't put spoiler tags on fucking anything anymore.
>>
>>64744723
Just on unrelated shit and epic memes.
But for actual spoilers, you rarely see it used.
Sad.
>>
>>64744723
everybody dies
>>
>>64745678
Death of sheriff and nigger is only implied, they could still have survived.
>>
>>64745699
How, they are blocked for two days and lost a lot of blood.
>>
>>64745734
We don't know how long will the blizzard last, someone might randomly come and save them. Also sheriffs wound wasn't that bad imo.
>>
>>64743366

that movie gets at least 1 thread a day
>>
>>64738173
Why dis marquis bother killing him anyway? I get he didn't like him because he was a confederate general but was it not a bit compromising to provoke him then shoot him in front of everyone
>>
>Hateful Eight
>there's more than eight characters
>>
>>64745885
Yeah but only 8 of them are bastards
>>
>>64745885
>three of them are not even hateful
>>
>>64737357
He almost did not react to general's death. What the fuck?
>>
How did Tim Roth have the hangman papers?

Also I missed the first minute or so after the intermission so I missed the coffee poisioning scene. It was jarring as fuck when everyone started throwing up blood when you miss the set up.
>>
>>64746034
Tim roth killed the hangman
>>
>>64746076
Was the Hangman in the flashback scene or did they just say that in a line of dialogue?
>>
>>64745947

Self defence and he already gave the general two warnings that he was being baited
>>
>>64746076

Biggest plothole in the movie tbqh
>>
what was the fucking point of the flashback sequence?
>>
Tatum shooting only once was silly.
>>
>>64746108
They never explain it, but since he's part of the gang, and he has the cards it's logical to deice he's killed the hangman and is assuming his identity.
For some time. I mean it's obvious he's thought it over and has come ups with story and philosophy on the whole thing.
>>
>>64746151
>what is a plot hole?
>>
>>64745826
Because he hated black people. He himself said how he did not bother with black prisoners of war after the battle of Baton Rouge and executed all of them on site.

>>64746168
If he kept shooting the Sheriff would have done the same and possible he would have killed Daisy. Their whole plan was to save her and that's why they wanted to play it patiently and not go guns blazing the moment Ruth entered the cabin.
>>
>>64740229
they read the letter together because equality for all was a huge lie and together they made it slightly more real, the fake letter ironically become a symbol of hope
>>
>>64746284
>If he kept shooting the Sheriff would have done the same and possible he would have killed Daisy.
Sheriff might still have done that after one shot desu.
>>
>>64742429
Yeah, I had to smile at that one.
>>
>>64745699
Jackson says something to the extent of "We're both already dead. There's nothing we can do to change that" before going on his speech about why they should hang Daisy. They were both bleeding out pretty badly, and even had they somehow gotten medical attention, back in those days the likelihood of surviving a gunshot wound was pretty slim.
>>
File: 1440280065620.jpg (41 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1440280065620.jpg
41 KB, 600x615
>mfw this shitshow is getting completely snubbed during by the awards groups

Can the Tarantino meme finally be over?
>>
File: 1.jpg (145 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
145 KB, 1100x500
>>
>>64746034
Sam jackson said it himself in his theory that british boy probably killed the hangman to get the papers. That's what probably did happend they just didn't flat out show it in the movie. Not really a plothole like the retarded anon said.
>>
>>64746579
made me laugh/10
>>
>>64746344
Yeah but it would have been more likely if he had continued shooting. He chose the less risky course of action.
>>
>>64746076
That's another "too convenient for the plot to be true" bullshit.
This entire movie relies on convenience and coincidence.
>>
>>64747163
What? They literally planned that shit out beforehand, why is it so unbelievable that he killed the hangman and took his stuff?
>>
>>64745826
You must have a learning disability. The stated outright that the dude murdered a whole bunch of black soldiers who were supposed to be fighting for the confederacy.
>>64746579
>I didn't see the movie.
>>64747163
I don't think you have a proper understanding of the setting. Think of how vast that wilderness its. How alone they were. How few roads. If you grew up in Europe or whatever other part of the old world you may not understand how small the new world was at that time. The small population of white folk was often connected by family or politics, which is probably how Manix got the job. There were generally two or three roads TOPS into towns like that in that area at that time. It's highly likely that if you're traveling to a town to do some fucked up shit you'll come across, and kill some folk with beneficial papers to help you out.
>>
It was a little depressing to watch Tim Roth playing a role clearly meant for Christoph Waltz. Poor guy was clearly out of his depth.
>>
>>64747351
I don't think so. I may have agreed with you when I had only seen the trailer, but after having watched the film multiple times, Roth is the better fit. Waltz is the character Roth was trying to portray as English Pete (or whatever the fuck his real name was supposed to be)
>>
>ASK ME IF MY ASS IS FAT!
>It IS!
Biggest laugh in the movie.
>>
>>64747351
That was pretty pathetic.

Also shows how much of a hack Tortellini is.

The dude writes the same damn characters over and over again.

SLJ was basically an elderly Django.
>>
>>64737357
I marathoned the whole movie, holy fuck what a mess.
>>
>>64747414
>SLJ was basically an elderly Django.
Not at all. Django was a black hole of charisma and Major Warren is possibly the devil.
>>
>>64747431
>marathoned a movie
I get triggered by this meme every time
>>
>>64747408
yeah but the "character" is literally the only time we see him perform. We only see glimpses of English Pete at the end when he's bleeding to death.
>>
>>64747431
Jesus christ how much a no-lifer do you need to be to marathon an entire movie?
>>
>>64747414
You're missing the pay off.
Waltz could have played the character fine, until the point where he's found out. Once roth switched back to his more natural accent it was all him. Watlz would have been more believable as Mobray, but Roth was more believable as the gangster in the end. Mowbray is questionable throughout the entire thing until he starts with his more natural accent, and then it's perfect and it all falls into place.
>>
>>64747431
>spending three hours in front of a TV

What the fuck, man?
>>
File: 5745.jpg (198 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
5745.jpg
198 KB, 523x720
he was THE ONLY good guy
save for OB obviously
>>
SPOILER THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!
God /tv/ is turning into /b/ more and more every day
>>
>>64742819
>I think it fit into the idea that this was a play. I think a highschool or theater could actually put this on.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.