[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 720x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>>64736760
the fedora-tier memes
>>
File: Mad Max Fury Road.jpg (10 KB, 332x76) Image search: [Google]
Mad Max Fury Road.jpg
10 KB, 332x76
Nothing.

It was the film of the year.
>>
cars driving in a straight line for 3 hours
>>
le guitar man
>>
>>64736760
The only complaint I have is what I assume is the studio mandating some gimmicky 3D crap get inserted in. Other than that I think it's perfect.
>>
empowered womyn served by beta pushover
>>
>>64736794
This, desu.
>>
>>64736760
Good movie, identity politics ruined it like everything else.
>>
Part 1 of movie:
>lets drive through this canyon being chased by cars

Part 2 of movie:
>lets drive through the same canyon again being chased by cars

That would be like the Rebels going back to Hoth in the 2nd half of ESB while being chased by the Empire again.
>>
>>64736760
/tv/ opinions about it is what went wrong.
>>
>>64736760
They made it a Mad Max movie and not a standalone movie set in the same universe.
>>
>>64736963
ugh, that wheel flying towards the screen was a boner killer
>>
Where the old films any good? Thinking of picking them up.
>>
>>64737224
Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdoom are great. The original not so much
>>
>>64737298
Thanks babe.
>>
>>64736760
Nothing, but movie was over hyped as anything could be. The internet fucked up by claiming its the greatest thing of all time or since The Matrix.
>>
>>64736760
Film of the year you contrarian know-nothing faggot.
>>
>>64736760
It ended.
>>
>>64736760
LITERALLY nothing. Great movie.
>>
>>64736760
nothing
>>
>>64736760
Title character Max playing second fiddler? Or Max barely registered in the story?
>>
"Dont worry, we'll fix it with cgi in post."
>>
>>64736794
Only jews equate box office totals to film quality. Enjoy being cukd.
>>
>>64736794
>barely made its money back
>"nothing"
>>
>>64736963

this and a stickler one for me

>RELOAD THE CLIP
>>
>>64741530
this. why do audiences pretend that box office means anything?
>>
>>64736794
Not according to the golden globes. Also that probably doesn't even cover advertisement and distribution costs.
>>
>>64737623
Just saw The Matrix on the big screen for the first time. That shit was awesome.
>>
>>64736760
The bad guys won
>>
color filters
>>
Using computerized color. The movie looks like it was shot on fucking Mars. It's a shame too because the movie has excellent real stuntwork, with this but ugly computerized sand taking away from it.

It's way too fucking over the top. Unlike Road Warrior which was mostly believable, gyrocopter aside, this shit goes out of its way to look like a metal music video at all turns.

It's a good movie and great for a modern action movie, but I just wish they would have just used natural sand color and made it a bit less retarded. Like do we really need the fucking guy in the middle of nowhere with a flamethrower guitar and 32 amps? Is this a comedy or a post-apocalypse action film?
>>
>>64736760
No Mel Gibson or based Bruce Spence.
>>
>>64743036
>was mostly believable, gyrocopter
Gyrocopter was real though.
A bunch of shots were done from helicopter or handwaved with movie magic but the gyrocopter used in the movie was real flying machine that could carry the pilot and it's not even really surprising, those things are reasonably simple.
>>
>>64743036
>>64744066
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Wallis
>>
>>64737005
Identity politics made the movie good though.
>>
>>64743036
>do we really need the fucking guy in the middle of nowhere with a flamethrower guitar and 32 amps?
He was one of the highlights of the movie so probably. The first time he appeared onscreen my wife's daughter's boyfriend turned to me and said the words "pure cinema".
>>
>>64743036
The guy with the guitar is just an apocalyptic version of a bag pipe player. Playing music into battle is extremely good for moral in armies. Soldiers today even play music on their mp3 players in battle.

The guy with the guitar in this movie was well done, and makes total sense. Your lack of knowledge of military history shows from your annoyance of such a character.
>>
>>64742006
The Sks uses clips not mags
>>
>>64737623
over hyped? you are a fucking moron. This movie had next to no hype until he had crazy high critical reviews (its beyond rare for an action movie to even nip critical reception that high)

Instead, people fucking loved it, and word of mouth spread like wildfire. I hate using the word cause its usually retarded, but straight up hating mad max youre likely a contraian faggot.

>>64741015
ughhh said by so many dumb fucks its unreal. Max is not your typical MC, he is an agent of change. This is clear if you watched the original trilo.

>>64737005
this is just faggots projecting their bullshit agenda onto the movie, george miller aint got no agenda ya fucktards. Same guy who created Mad Max also made babe pig in the city and Happy Feet
>>
>>64744218
>This movie had next to no hype
Bullshit.
>>
>>64744218
>This movie had next to no hype
The "movie buff" audience (ie imdb redditors) were hyping the hell out of it as soon as the first trailer hit.
>>
>>64744218
The movie was hyped as fuck in Australia.
>>
>>64736760
I don't know, /pol/ told me it was feminist mind poison, so I never went to see it.
>>
Literally 50 Shades of Orange.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.