[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just went and saw The Revenant with my stepdad, we both agreed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: the-revenant-fn01.jpg (123 KB, 851x478) Image search: [Google]
the-revenant-fn01.jpg
123 KB, 851x478
Just went and saw The Revenant with my stepdad, we both agreed it was a 9/10 film. Here's hoping Leo actually gets the oscar this time!

One question I had though was why did Fitzgerald scalp the Captain? And did Glass succumb to his wounds at the very end (hence why he saw another vision of his wife)?
>>
He lived another decade.
>>
so you're his wife's son lmao
>>
I figured he scalped him to make the people who eventually find him think he was killed by Indians.
>>
>>64734902
subtle
>>
Fitzgerald had completely lost it. He was a soulless, godless man unable to cope with the fact that something borderline supernatural was coming after him. Maybe he felt in his own way that he needed to get revenge for his own scalping. An unseen moment of fervent bargaining and sacrifice with a deity he didn't believe in.
As for Glass's ending, the real life Glass lived on, but he also didn't have a son and cooled down and decided not to kill Bridger or Fitzgerald. I think in this version he also lived on, though whether peacefully or inheriting Fitzgerald's sense of determined purposelessness I don't know.
>>
>>64735065

This
>>
Was he looking at God at the very end?
>>
>why did Fitzgerald scalp the Captain?
he thought the Captain came alone and wanted the Captain's death to be blamed on Natives
>and did Glass succumb to his wounds at the very end
not the real Hugh Glass, no
>>
>>64735693
No, he realized that his loved ones were gone and revenge didn't do shit.
>>
Eh it was ok. There a few scenes that really stood out. The bear attack scene was amazing, probably one of the most memorable movie scenes of the past decade. The final scene was also amazing.

My main complaint is the extremely long drawn out middle piece of the movie that is boring as fuck. I also got really sick of the movie hitting you over the head with those awful pretentious fucking dream sequences

Did anybody else think it was stupid as fuck when he stopped the woman from being raped when he was trying to steal the horse? It felt entirely forced and made no sense why he did that
>>
>>64735996

had to make Glass look like a good guy for the SJW's
>>
>>64735693
I didn't see a squirrel
>>
>>64734902
I would give this film a 7/10.

The cinematography looked beautiful and everything but at a certain point it becomes gratuitous and unnecessary.

Making Hugh Glass have a child and a native American one at that really irked me and almost ruined the film for me. It seemed like they were trying to give Hugh Glass this Christ like persona. With how cultured he was, the visions, and the whole "revenge is not in my hands". These parts have all the makings of terrible cinema clichés.

That said I was intrigued and the fight scenes were really good. Especially, the opening one. However, I don't think Leo or Innaritu deserve an Oscar.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
any thoughts on what his symbol could mean?
>>
>>64736799
Tribal thing from his wife?
>>
>>64736799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzMyFOd2Wpw
>>
I hear Andey Serkis played the bear.
>>
File: 47525135.jpg (9 KB, 247x249) Image search: [Google]
47525135.jpg
9 KB, 247x249
>>64734902
>Just went and saw The Revenant with my stepdad

Almost had me there for a second son
>>
>>64734902
Wtf are you doing OP, this board is for contrarians and Star Wars threads, not movie and tv discussion.
>>
>>64736799
>time is a flat circle

but seriously, it's about Pantheism
>>
>>64737019
>time is a flat circle
the first thing that came into my mind.
>>
>>64734902
He did that to the Capt. so whoever found him would blame the indians
>>
>>64734902
What's it like being raised by a kuck?
>>
>>64735996
wasn't his indian wife raped and murdered by colonials? I thought him stopping that rape was believable given his history
>>
>>64737165
It was believable. But in regards to the plot it was unnecassery, pretty much only there to justify the Indian war party.
>>
>>64737265
no, it also explains why the indians at the end don't kill him like they do the other guy. He saved the chief's daughter or whatever, so they let him live. She's like right fucking there at the end, not sure how you missed it.
>>
I don't understand why the Arikara tree-niggers would attempt to kill Glass every time they saw him, nor how they were such great trackers, yet they were doing business with the fucking guys who kidnapped the Chief's daughter...
>>
>>64736799
Satanism, apparently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2LJwT_JtF8
>>
HALF
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.