[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters who literally did nothing wrong. Seriously.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg (254 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg
254 KB, 800x798
ITT: Characters who literally did nothing wrong.

Seriously. Leo and his kid would have gotten them all killed. He did the responsible thing.
>>
killing Hawk was over the line but everything else was literally nothing wrong
>>
>>64734248
It was an accident. Hostile tree niggers were closing in and one accosted him from behind. How was he to know what his intentions were?
>>
true. But it's a question of was it wrong to do it the way he did it
>>
File: john ruth.jpg (53 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
john ruth.jpg
53 KB, 600x350
Based John Ruth did nothing wrong
>>
Glass agreed irl and forgave the two guys that abandoned him.

Of course, there wasn't a kid in the true story.
>>
File: she's a slut.jpg (16 KB, 228x284) Image search: [Google]
she's a slut.jpg
16 KB, 228x284
>>64734211

Can't fucking unsee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xoXbhnFHY
>>
File: Bane.jpg (183 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
183 KB, 681x1024
>TREE NIGGERS
>>
>>64734211
Yes in order to stop him and his team from being killed by injuns he tries to kill his team members instead

lol what a fucking genius
>>
>>64734248
He had no choice. He wouldn't stop screaming and giving away their position.

That said if I saw someone trying to kill my father I can't say I would have reacted differently. He would either need to die or leave.
>>
Was anyone else slightly disappointed he didn't slip into the bane voice?
>>
>>64734211
>le stick the long unweildy gun two-inches from your opponents face so it's easy for them to grab it meme
shit movie
>>
>>64734393
>le everyone must be gun professionals
>>
>>64734211

He didn't have to stay behind, he chose to do so and chose to murder Leo and his boy. Fuck him, he got what he deserved.
>>
Fitzgerald had no problem overpowering Hawk he could've easily tied him up or gagged him but he's selfish so of course he overreacted
>>
>>64734211

>Killing Hawk
>Would have killed Bridger if the gun was loaded
>Killed his Captain
>Stole all the money from the Captain

Yea, this guys a real innocent sweet heart.
>>
He was the most likable character until he killed the kid. Even then he was still pretty likable.
>>
>>64734390
Why would that have any chance of happening? Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>64734211

The Captain should have just shot Glass when they were carrying him up that slope.
>>
>>64734362

Are you retarded?
>>
>>64734440
>He didn't have to stay behind,
OP here. Very true. Hadn't considered that. This is the one wrong thing he did. He knew the risk in staying and chose to do it for the money and even gave Bill Weasley his word he wouldn't harm Glass. Can't pussy out after that.
>>
>>64734211

>breathing: the movie
>>
>>64734475
Because it happened in Mad Max and was funny
>>
>>64734390
He did at one point when he yelled something.
>>
>>64734211

>Leo has to get revenge because they killed his half breed son

IRL Glass dumped his half breed kids with some Indians and took off for the white man's civilization at first opportunity.

Really stupid to add that lame ass Death Wish motivation to the plot.
>>
>>
>>64734501
I pointed this out in a thread a while back and someone said honor means shit in a doggy dog world. Classic /tv/.
>>
>>64734393
>Acting like 2 kids would be that smart with guns

Please try harder to bash a good film
>>
>>64734488
Yeah it was kind of the Captain's fault. Hero or not he never should have left anyone but Hawk with Glass.
>>
>>64734421
he was a fucking fur trapper you retard. in this case, yeah, i'd expect the kid to know how to shoot
>>
>>64734537
why is its tongue different colors
>>
>>64734537
She was robbed. Fuck Kate Winslut
>>
>>64734537
The bear did LITERALLY nothing wrong though
>trying to protect offspring
>wants to pass on genes
>some dude starts threatening your kids
>you maul his fucking ass
>he shoots you
>you continue to maul his ass
>stabbed to death
Talk about a life of suffering
>>
>>64734584
shoot beavers maybe. i doubt that kid had combat experience like fitzgerald obviously had.
>>
>>64734548
it's true af
>>
>>64734644
People forget that the movie is about opposing viewpoints. Fitzgerald cares about his money and pelts i.e. material things while Glass cares about the love of his wife and son and justice i.e. abstract morals. The Indians are somewhere in between, unstoppable forces of nature and karma.
>>
>>64734510
if you need something more quotable there's always The Big Le Bowski, otherwise you almost have a point, breath and the breath of the world was important to the film
>>
whats with all the revenant threads today did everyone finally see it or something
>>
>>64734936
I watched it on some streaming site last night when I could sleep. Was pretty good quality too.
>>
>>64734936
Yes it was released in theaters so good lawabiding citizens are finally watching it.
>>
Are bears really that lame irl? It never went for the kill shot, it just nibbled and batted at Leo. If scrawny Leo could take down that bear, I could kill a grizzly in my sleep with my wrestling skills.
>>
>>64734522
Is the book different enough that it would be worth reading even though I've already seen the movie?
>>
>>64734936
Viral marketing. They paid a lot for the Golden Globe wins and need to make that money back.
>>
>>64734603
He didn't threaten the cubs though, he was just walking through the woods, noticed some cubs, and then 10 seconds later he was getting mauled by a bear for no reason
>>
>>64735010
You realize playing dead is what makes bears leave you alone, right?
You're not retarded enough to try to fight a bear, right?
>>
>>64735037
>you now realize all animals automatically assume any other living thing looking at their offspring is a threat
>>
>>64735066
I said I'd be in my sleep you illiterate moron, I'll look like I'm playing dead then surprise the bear.
>>
>>64735037
>plays dead
>bear leaves him alone
>instead of playing dead for a few more minutes he decides to try and fight the bare like a jackass

Keep in mind he wasn't trying to run away, the first thing he did was go straight for his rifle so he could stand there and load it. He really wanted to kill that bear.
>>
>>64734548
>Doggy dog

Now there's a meme I haven't seen for a long time
>>
>>64734320
He was heated at Fitzgerald though and would have done it had he not joined the Army. They threatened him that if he took action it would be seen as an assault against a soldier so he let it go.
>>
>>64735217
He was hurt badly, for all he knew the bear and it's cubs could have continued to roam around that area for hours, or maybe it gets hungry and decides to take a bite out of him later
His only real option was to take the shot and hope for the best
>>
>>64734248
Naw. Hawk would have hunted him down for abandoning his father.
>>
>>64735217
There's no running away at that point. He was fucking mauled and the bear only stopped to check on its offspring. The bear would always catch up.
>>
>>64734309
that "film" was fucking garbage
>>
>>64734280
He lied about the tree nigs you mong
>>
>>64735877
He was in unincorporated North American in the 1800s it would be impossible to lie about tree niggers being everywhere
>>
>>64735217
>Trying to outrun a bear

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>64735100
Lol what are you gonna do with those wrestling skills, tickle it to death?
>>
>>64737568
I'd grapple with it and pin its claws back while I took out my bowie knife and slid it between the ribs.
>>
Why didn't he just kill all 3 of them?

There'd literally be no evidence.
>>
>>64737834
Because he wasn't a villain. Hawk was screaming like an idiot and would've attracted Natives over. Fitzgerald only killed when he had to.
>>
>>64735037
>implying the bear didn't know they were fur trappers, and that they wouldn't try to skin her cubs
Mama Bear did nothing wrong
>>
>>64737780
Oh man, I'm sure you're strong enough and large enough to manage that. GG faggot
>>
>>64737904
>he wasn't a villain

He was going to kill Leo against his will, knowing the "blink if you want me to kill you" thing obvious was a forced death
>>
File: he was right.jpg (21 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
he was right.jpg
21 KB, 400x289
>>64734537
Imagine Steven Colbert watching this movie.
>>
>>64734464
>bitching constantly
>likeable
>>
>>64735066
its makes grizzly bears leave you alone like the one in the movie.

If it's a black bear that fucker just got an easy meal.

and if its a polar bear somewhere along the line you made some poor life choices

I have no data on panda bears but they're probably bitches
>>
>>64735217
I lived in the interior of B.C and let me give you a little tip:

NEVER PLAY DEAD WHEN BEARS ARE INVOLVED.

They just maul you until you stop screaming, then they eat you. Your best bet is to stand your ground, or back away slowly. Don't run ever.
>>
>>64735877
No, their group was still being hunted by the injuns. He only lied about actually seeing them.
>>
>>64738181
Leo wasn't in a logical state of mind, Fitzgerald was trying to do right by him. Glass was a Christian and so could not ask for his death because suicide stops you from going to Heaven. So Fitzgerald gave him this loophole, knowing Glass would be forced to blink eventually which God would know. But internally Glass was relieved, and was glad he would be relieved from his suffering, to be shortly reunited with Hawk and Native Wife in Heaven.
>>
File: Gaston.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gaston.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
this nigger...yea he was douchy, but he was trying to get rid of a fucking monster that was scaring and attacking the shit out of everyone that got near.....and he got tons of pussy thrown at. fucking based
>>
>>64738427
kek.
>>
>>64734211
He could have just left them. Made up a thing about spotting nearby tree niggers and skidaddling. Had no business trying to kill Leo, much less killing his kid. Dude may have felt justified, but he was still a piece of shit.
>>
>>64734211
tfw sitting in the theatre watching this, thinking I will make this exact thread

get home and someone already has done it
>>
>>64738555
Is your name Dwight Schrute?
Also, checked.
>>
>>64740565
And the he died ;)
>>
File: 1394945704410.jpg (12 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1394945704410.jpg
12 KB, 337x372
>>64738427
>that 2006 Colbert
>>
Why did the indian chief scalp Fitzgerald?
>>
>>64738555
what?
black bears are pussies
>>
>>64734211
He didn't have to stay behind. If staying behind was too risky, he could have chose to move forward with the rest of the party.

He didn't fulfill the obligation he was compensated to fulfill.
>>
>>64734452

D.I.N.D.U..N.U.F.F.I.N
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.