[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your top 3 personal favorite movies. And don't be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 50958_Bridge-Terabithia-4.jpg (126 KB, 750x503) Image search: [Google]
50958_Bridge-Terabithia-4.jpg
126 KB, 750x503
Post your top 3 personal favorite movies. And don't be a pleb, explain why

1. Bridge to Terabithia
I loved the way it stayed so true to the book. They also portrayed the sudden death in such a way that the audience feels the same shock from the passing of the wonderful little girl as the boy did. Truly impactful and masterful. Without a doubt my favorite.

2. Leon/The Professional
It's probably just my preference but Jean Reno is the embodiment of all things perfect man so it makes perfect sense one of his movies is so high up for me. I loved the depiction and themes of violence with raising a wonderful little girl at the same time and all the good times and danger that come with it.

3. Matilda
This is probably just childhood nostalgia but for me, kids with magic, Harry Potter never did it. It would always be Maltilda, that wonderful little girl changing peoples lives with her magic. It holds a special place in my heart and rounds out my top 3 most favorite movies.

What are yours?
>>
>>64733555
>Matilda over Harry Potter
Mah nigga
>>
>>64733555
Spirited Away
Princess Monoke
Howl's Moving Castle

Should be obvious why.
>>
>>64733555
hmmm I sense a theme, nice trips btw
>>
1. 2001 A Space Odyssey
It's a beautiful film that some call boring, but I call serene. The long shots of ships docking, or astronauts on space walks, juxtaposed with the classical music makes the actions on screen look like a delicate ballet.

2. The Matrix
A metaphysical journey to the root of what freedom means. The Animatrix gets an honorable mention here for having better stories overall, but is less connected than the original.

3. Requiem for a Dream
A tragic tale of 4 people's attempt at moving up in life, who are too tempted by immediate gratification. Their subsequent descent is terrifying because it represents what could happen to any of us if we don't utilize self control and discipline.
>>
>>64733555
>Bridge to Terabithia

Are you ten?
>>
>>64734368
It's not a kids movie.
>>
This is a cleverly disguised pedo thread
>>
>>64734444
>4444
Fuck
>>
>>64733555
>Bridge to Terabithia

They advertised it as Lord of the rings for kids and then sprung that dead girl on you

I was thirteen and on my first date and my emotions weren't ready for that kind of shit
>>
>>64734505
Did you cry?
>>
>>64734444

Good call, lad. And checked.
>>
>>64734420
It's a family adventure starring a pre-pubescent Peeta Mellark and Winn-Dixie.

It's a fucking kids movie.
>>
>>64734505
That was the point. The way they handled the movie and everything overall had you just as stunned as Jess upon hearing she died. It didn't even show a scene of her death which was perfect because it has that lack of closure. Everyone watching during that scene felt the same way Jess did, "no it can't be, no". It's depicted the way it was in real life, although the true story was even more bizzare because it was a lightning bolt.
>>
>>64734566
You clearly never watched this movie.
>>
>>64733555
>wonderful little girl

hmmm
>>
>>64734679

Are you saying she's not wonderful?
>>
>>64733555

I'm a plen so plz don't hurt me

inception for the concept

bladerunner for the atmosphere

godfather 2 also for the atmosphere
>>
>>64734737
Oh, they're top tier most definitely. I was only noticing a pattern
>>
>>64733555
1. The Shawshank Redemption
I was just so intrigued the whole time, and the messages it sends are amazing

2. Pulp Fiction
A classic, just a great movie overall, I loved it

3. se7en/Fight Club
Both of these Brad Pitt movies are amazing, fucking niceeee
>>
>>64734762
>inception 1
Oh you're getting hurt alright

Bring your ass over here
>>
>>64733555
Am I the only person ever who fucking hated bridge to terrible movie?
>>
>>64733859
because weeb with bad taste?
>>
>>64734950
Only autists ''fucking hate" things. Or redditors. Or /v/-/pol/ imbeciles. Or tumblrinas.
You're cancer for this board whichever you are.
>>
>>64734950

But anyways
>1. The Wolf Of Wallstreet
How can you not love this movie? The books are fucking excellent too
>2.Oz The Great And Powerful
Absolutely beautiful, and with an interesting backstory, what with how the carnival man had to use his tricks to make people think he had real magic. Plus the china doll was a qt.
>3. The Iron Giant
A wonderfully ambitious movie that still holds up to this day. I bought the special edition with all the extra scenes a couple weeks ago. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.
>>
>>64734444
>cleverly
not really
>>
>>64735085
>implying this board isnt cancer as a whole.
>>
1) Spielen wir Liebe (1977)
Love this film. Reminds me of my first love experience back in the early 00's

2) Bastard out of Carolina (1996)
Jena Malone acting was astonishing, and full of emotions. Glen made a lovable and relatable character.

3) Pretty Baby (1978)
A fine work of a kino. Few motion pictures have capture the perfection of the human body such as this one.
>>
>>64733859
>Howl's Moving Castle

Weak Miyazaki movie imho
>>
Evil Dead 2
>Bruce Campbell is awesome
Ghostbusters
>It's a classic
Freaked
>it speaks to me on a very personal level
>>
>>64733555
god, why are there so many hot chicks who wont ever have sex with me
>>
>>64734891

but senpai

dreams within dreams
>>
i'll just leave this here........

http://letterboxd.com/u9dh5w8bj0ddslb/list/little-girls-are-the-best/
>>
File: 1452328372416.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1452328372416.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
I) คุณเป็นคนที่ยิ่งใหญ่ (2012)
This cinéma presents the viewer with important questions that humanity may not answer. A must see for every motion picture enthusiast.

II) ..-. --- .-. -.-- --- ..- (2012)
If the first answer is a question to humanity, this kino is certainly the answer, Will stick into the mind and heart of the viewer.

III) Пpивeт Peддйт (2015)
This film is about the biggest threat to intellectualism that humanity currently faces, it attack it by calling it by what it is.
>>
File: le bear meme.png (8 KB, 100x184) Image search: [Google]
le bear meme.png
8 KB, 100x184
>>64733555
>>
>>64734505
>then sprung that dead girl on you
I could have swore bridge to terabithia was 5th grade required reading in the states.

I don't even get why they made a movie out of that god awful book.
>>
>no skinnydipping scene
dropped
>>
>>64736448
I'm not a Yank and I'd never heard of it before the movie

Her drowning out of nowhere absolutely blindsided me
>>
>>64736448
I was aware of it's existence, but never read it. The movie was god awful though/
>>
- After Hours
I'm kind of a beta like Paul Hackett and I want to work in an office just like he does. I like the night time and the movie has the amount of dark humour pleases me.
- White Hunter, Black Heart
The dialogues are clever and the protagonists are distinct men. Hunt is a manly thing and the irony on clint eastwood movies is funny.
- Angels with Dirty Faces
James Cagney is a spectacular actor and this period of hollywood films is something unbeliavable.
>>
>>64736448
the book was wonderful and you should probably go suck cock you illiterate piece of human garbage
>>
File: fe76e3_5795587.jpg (277 KB, 2184x614) Image search: [Google]
fe76e3_5795587.jpg
277 KB, 2184x614
1.) THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
> Utterly perfect film, only 2 things that can vaguely be called flaws are Maggie not being particularly attractive and Two Face being taken out here is more of a missed opportunity then a flaw.
2.) MAN OF STEEL (2013)
> Fill post a image stating my opinion in a follow up response.
3.) EVANGELION 2.0 - YOU CAN NOT ADVANCE (2009)
> One of the best endings to any film I have ever seen.
> Gave us some of the most light and fun moments of the franchise without going out of character or feeling out of place.
4.) THE END OF EVANGELION (1997)
> Absolutely a superior film and piece of art than 2.0, I just find 2.0 more enjoyable and re watchable.
> Utterly astonishing character study playing out within one of the greatest apocalypses in cinema history.
5.) JOHN CARPENTER'S THE THING (1982)
> The single greatest horror movie ever made.
> Perfectly acted, Perfectly toned, Perfectly directed, 90% perfect special effects.
6.) EVANGELION 3.0 - YOU CAN NOT REDO (2012)
> This probably could be farther down on my list.
> It really truly immerses you in the leads confusion, guilt, horror, glimmer of hope and despair.
7.) ALIEN (1979)
8.) JAWS (1975)
9.) GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE (1989)
> Absolutely the best Godzilla film.
> Best most in depth villain origin.
> Great almost perfect Godzilla suit (the next film would make a few improvements to make the perfect one)
> Pretty much all the effects, props and locations feel and look fantastic, Osaka is one of the best city sets of the franchise.
> Military stuff is all well done, Love the political spy elements and it warns against bio engineering without being preachy.
10.) CAPTAIN AMERICA - THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014)
>>
File: Qrs7fVu.png (135 KB, 1367x489) Image search: [Google]
Qrs7fVu.png
135 KB, 1367x489
>>64740182
>2.) MAN OF STEEL (2013)
>> will post a image stating my opinion in a follow up response.
>>
>>64740182
Forgot one when I made the image...
STAR TREK 6 - THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY (1991)
should be #9
> 2nd best villain of the franchise.
> Phenomenal mystery and political elements.
> Battle with the cloaked BOP is one of the best battles of the franchise.
>>
>>64736221
I really enjoyed the subtle, yet insightful homages to past works present in the latter
>>
>>64736448
I actually was required to read it at one point (coincidentally in 5th/6th grade), but didn't and bullshitted my way through the presentation I was supposed to do, like a true goddamn American.
>>
>>64740182
>Godzilla vs Biollante

GOAT Godzilla film, 10/10 taste just for that
>>
One flew over the cuckoos nest
Probably cause it's one of my favorite books

Deer Hunter
For performances by Walken and the wedding scene

Shining/12 angry men
Both movies I can watch any time of any day and enjoy fully
>>
>>64733555
what an awful, pedophile and nostalgic top 3 bro.

I always found mathilda very unpleasant to watch. Like her shitty life literally disgusted me.
Leon is okay. BtT was cute for the 16ish year old me, but i guess 10 years later it'd be garbage
>>
>>64733859
Switch Howl's Moving Castle with Castle in the Sky and it's a 10/10.
>>
In no particular order i guess, since apples and oranges

Enter the void
>the first time i watched it (high, not too much tho) i really freaked out with the death scene, It was quite a trip, an experience, more than a movie. The fact that it goes beyond the "screen as a window to some universe where shit plays out" makes it unique

Brazil
>along the same lines, i like how gilliam exaggerates certain things of society in a way that is both goofy and terrific, the use of extreme angles, the sets, the whole movie is a downward spiral to "fuck society!" induced madness

Terminator
>Big fan of 80s action movies (verhoeven, carpenter, among others) but terminator takes the cake (if im forced to pick). Perfect action movie, nostalgia factor, arnold schwartzenegger. One of these movies you can rewatch until you know every single scene and not getting really tired of
>>
>>64733859
Your gay?
>>
>Synecdoche, New York
made me depressed for half a year

>Satantango

>Paris, Texas

if a film manages to do that then it's pretty well made
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.