[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 2 > Season 1 >>>> Season 3 Also best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: inbetweeners.jpg (52 KB, 604x451) Image search: [Google]
inbetweeners.jpg
52 KB, 604x451
Season 2 > Season 1 >>>> Season 3

Also best slice of life show ever made. How did the American remake turn out?
>>
>>64717540
The American one was pretty good but of course the redditors flocked up and went "WAH AMERICAN HUMOR EWWWW"
>>
>>64718002

shut the fuck up about "the redditors" it's corny as shit

But yea, hilarious series. Really captures what it feels like to be in middle/high school. The banter, the desperate horniness.
>>
there's an american one? am i getting memed on?
>>
>>64718002
>>64718105
BUS TURDS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcVtCV6qI4
>>
>>64717540
No series 2 is the worst and series 1 is the best
>>
>tfw basically you and your mates
>except we didn't get girlfriends in the end
>>
>they made a spin off from the girls in the movie
lol what
>>
>>64717540
I wonder how they captured high school life so fucking perfectly, did they just hang around high schools for a few weeks doing research watching people?

There's even little things, like the autistic guy eating yogurt in a certain way, the 20 something teacher who isn't hot but everyone wants to fuck her and thinks shes hot as shit, everything about Jay and Simon.

It also shows how hilarious some of the shit that goes down in high school is when framed right.

>>64718587
DESU, they basically lost all their girlfriends by the 2nd movie and the 2nd movie is all about Jay trying to get the fat girl back after she dumped him because he got her Wii Fit for christmas.
>>
>>64718426
Don't Americans say wanker?

It seems like the American version is a PG-13+ version of a M rated show.
>>
>>64718587
This bus wanker thing literally happened to me. We drove around, tooting the horn and waving at people, and some angry chav thought we were making the wanker sign at him. He drove after me and I had to go on a car chase. His car was much better than mine, so I couldn't outrun him. I stopped, reasoning that there were four of us and one of him. He got out and started posturing and mugging and going on about his dead aunt, threatening to punch everyone. Everyone was shitting themselves. Eventually, he got back in his car, produced a knife, and then drove away while brandishing it threateningly.
>>
>>64719270
Can you imagine 'wanker' being said in any American accent? Exactly.
>>
Im not even british and i knew people just like the ones in the show
>>
>>64719270
>Don't Americans say wanker?

Americans cant into banter.
>>
How did the second movie end up being worse than the first?
>>
My favorite show. Too bad the second movie destroyed the show's legacy.
>>
>>64719870
Because both are generic holiday movies, they do have their moments though and are far better than American holiday movies like Eurotrip.
>>
I have to agree with OP here.
Season 2 is the most patrician season
>>
>>64719870
It was better than the first. I feel like the first really forgot what the spirt of the Inbetweeners was all about. The cliche 'we all found true love' ending was terrible.
>>
File: sppg.gif (1 MB, 200x173) Image search: [Google]
sppg.gif
1 MB, 200x173
>TFW Work Experience episode hits far too home for me since I work in construction but don't get on with tradesmen because I can't give 2 fucks about sport
>>
Can you believe these guys are in their early 30s now I mean what the ever living fuck?
>>
Simon going down the Catwalk with his balls hanging out is the best Inbetweeners moment.
>>
>>64720103

>inbetweeners
>patrician

It's funny but it's liked by every normie in the UK and is basically just a pretty standard brand of comedy done really well
>>
Anyone else think they took it over the top with the vomiting in the last episode? If they just did it once it would be funny but it got old quickly.

I liked the caravan club episode most probably or the trip to Warwick uni. The one where Will pisses off some downies at Thorpe Park is also worth a mention.
>>
>>64719012
>I wonder how they captured high school life so fucking perfectly

You know that adults went to school too right? They don't just materialise fully formed.
>>
>>64720677

Friday Night Dinner is more patrician desu senpai
>>
>>64720256
I feel I know too well.
>>
>>64718662
Same Actresses. Same Writers. Different Characters.
>>
>>64720629
Or the fish punching
>>
>>64717540
>you will never get Series/Season 4
at least we got a 2nd movie, tbhh famm

The American version was doomed from the beginning. TV-14 was never going to cut it.

And season 3 (minus epi 5&6) = season 1 (minus epi 1&2)
>>
File: 1431755188244.jpg (67 KB, 420x468) Image search: [Google]
1431755188244.jpg
67 KB, 420x468
>>64719973
>He didn't like Eurotrip
>>
reminds me of the things me and my mates got up to in secondary/sixthform. don't think there's anything not to like about it. i've met james buckley and he was sound.
>>
>>64720725

The vomiting isn't what makes it funny though it's the reactions to it. Jay screaming I've gotta get out I can't find the zip is so good
>>
>>64721135

Eurotrip is a comfy movie.

>You'll never go on a road trip with all your friends to meet your online penpal
>>
>>64717540
Series 3 had all the Tara stuff, right? That shit was hilarious. It's probably one of the most consistent comedies, including the first movie. The second one wasn't nearly as good tbqh senpai.
>>
>>64720236
Are you spiritual Anon?
>>
>>64720725
The last ep was actually one of my favourites. Kind of wish they had just ended it there and not made the movies.
>>
>>64718426
Oh fuck jesus.
I just watched a bunch of comparison clips on youtube. The US version is fucking awful, have those 4 even met before?

Is the whole thing just a toned down shot for shot remake?
>>
>>64720843

Friday Night Dinner is shit desu
>>
>>64721832
Friday Night Dinner is probably more realistic for me, if you exclude the Jew stuff.
>>
>>64721832

I wouldn't call it shit but it's watchable, something so relaxing about the atmosphere.
>>
>>64721518
The pacing in the 2nd movie is weird.

Also, I love the accidental foreshadowing.

S2E2 Workstudy. Hiding in the bathroom from the Northwood lads.
>mate, I don't want to see piss coming out the end of your cock
Movie 2, dying in Australian desert
>Simon taking Neil's piss to the face

In the same episode, Simon says he's worked it out and will just move away.
Then in the final episode, he finds out he's going to Wales.

>>64721604
fuck that. it's a decent episode, but a let down for a final episode.
>>
>>64718426
>no swearing
>non-intimidating black guy
>doesn't drive into a dead end, ruining the joke
>>
>>64721897
>>64721859

Shit was maybe a bit strong but find have never laughed at it, its just quite shit considering channel 4 has had some GOAT comedies (brass eye, early Peep Show etc)
>>
File: american inbetweeners.png (1 MB, 1018x992) Image search: [Google]
american inbetweeners.png
1 MB, 1018x992
>>64717540
>since everyone's in their 30s anyway
Better American casting:

RJ Berger = Will
Reese (Malcolm in the Middle) = Jay
Jack DeSena (All That) = Simon
Badger (Breaking Bad) = Neil
>>
The best thing about the 2nd movie was jay's uncle. Exactly like his dad except aussie, fucking hilarious.
>>
>>64718426
Jesus christ this is real not some parody series made for a quick sketch americans have awful humor.
>>
LAD bible the show is not funny, shit show
>>
>>64723281
Badger is too tall to be Jay.

Also saw on youtube that in the US version they got some manlet for Mr. Gilbert. That shit's not intimidating in the slightest.
>>
>>64721604
The last episode is too much of a downer for me.

Same with much of the last season, it just hits so close to home and becomes too real.
>>
>>64718426
One of the things wrong with the American version is the cinematography and music comes off too cinematic and dramatic in the US version.

The US version is overproduced which destroys the "realism" of the UK version.
>>
>>64723777
Badger is Neil; they're both dumb.

Also, did you not read the post or only looked at the image?
>>
>>64723787
>it just hits so close to home and becomes too real.
Thats why I thought it was so funny.

Simon's outburst about how he's wasted his life hanging out with his dickhead friends is something I've definitely contemplated. Also the burning Will's stuff and using each others phones to text was great.
>>
>>64723902
THANKS HOLLYWOOD
>>
bump, wankers
>>
bumping again, dickheads
>>
>>64717540
>Also best slice of life show ever made.
But that's not Gen 1 Skins.
>>
>>64731210
Skins if you were a normie, inbetweeners for /tv/irgins
>>
>>64719270
Nah. Jerk Off or Dick are the only equivalents I can think of.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.