[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting pic related instead of a tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Lenovo-Pocket-Projector-1.jpg (43 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo-Pocket-Projector-1.jpg
43 KB, 700x450
What are the benefits of watching films on a projector?
>>
>>64716049
Portable way of watching movies on a ''big'' screen.
>>
>>64716049
>pocket projector
>replacing TV

I hope this is a joke.
>>
>>64716049
Really nice to have for all your Bollywood flicks
>>
you need almost a bitch black room for it not to suck shit
>>
projectors cost a lot more for what you get versus tv's. 720p projectors are relatively affordable but 1080p are going to cost you. 4K consumer projectors are insanely expensive right now.

Also you have to worry about the brightness and the lifespan of a lamp. You can't just leave a projector on all day because the lamp will die after a month or less.

I definitely would not get pic related because pocket projectors are pretty shit technology at the moment. They're not nearly bright enough and are mostly meant for doing powerpoints. I would get a 2000 lumen projector for a normal sized room.

benefits? Bigger screen
>>
You can't tell how shit the cgi is because of how blurry the output is
>>
ugh I have one and the battery lasts for about 30 minutes and it's never in focus
>>
>>64716495
Is it good for watching films at home?
>>
>>64716049
I had one of those vape pens but it just couldn't handle the Cuttwood. I recommend a dagger or a semi myself if you're looking for a new vape.
>>
>>64716612
It's good for putting in a museum you retarded faggot. Use your computer and a big screen.
>>
Bigger display, that's it. The negatives outweigh the single positive. It won't look as good as a similarly priced TV, the on-board audio (if it has any at all) will be terrible and if it doesn't have wireless connectivity hooking external audio up can be a pain due to placement of the projector relative to the sound cables. You also need a very dark room to get maximum picture quality. They also consume more power than your average TV. Once the novelty of the huge viewing area wears off you will miss the clear crispness of an actual screen.
>>
you'd be better off with a pocket pussy you looser
>>
>>64716612
>battery lasts for about 30 minutes and it's never in focus

What the fuck do you think? Moron.
>>
>>64718451
>looser

Why do you people always confuse lose and loose? It's not even a typo, it's like persistent retardation. English isn't that hard.
>>
>>64718524
If I plug it in so it charges while I watch it and put it in a perfect spot to focus.
>>
>>64716049
They're great if you want to do an impromptu photo slideshow of your vacation to Napa.
>>
>>64717809
Could i vape wax out of the pic in OP?
>>
>>64721857
Can't i do that on a tv though?
>>
>>64721790
Defeats the purpose of a portable projector. Also as with any modern device with a lithium ion, keeping it plugged in all the time deteriorates battery life.
>>
>>64717809
>cuttwood
>literally killing yourself
>>
>>64716049
hands free fapping.
>>
>>64718366
It uses wifi.
>>
>>64722397
explain
>>
>>64716049
I have a real projector and it's miles better than a tv, also mine has integrated bluray, aux port for headphones/listening to music and can support up to 4 hdmi devices
>>
>>64722048
Not as impressive. You really want to shove this 2000 dollar wine tour down their throat.
>>
>>64723186
How much did it cost?
>>
>>64723557
It was a gift from my mom because my roomate didn't buy a tv (like he was supposed to do) when I moved into our appartment I don't remember the exact price but it was something like $150 dollars, she bought it for her work but realized she didn't used it as much as she wanted so she let me unlock it's potential... also I had to get the lamp replaced about a year after she gave it to me because I of the heavy use but the lamp was like 30 dollars (fucking expensive original parts m8)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.