[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leonardo diCaprio is a fucking hack He should have been SKIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant.jpg (111 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant.jpg
111 KB, 950x534
Leonardo diCaprio is a fucking hack

He should have been SKIN AND BONES during this scene, but of course Leo didn't feel like going that far.

If that were Christian Bale he'd be a zombie, which would have worked.

Leo doesn't deserve shit.
>>
>>64715637
That's why Bale has an Oscar and Leo doesn't
>>
>>64715723
yup.

my buddy, after the movie, was like "so will he finally get the oscar?!" and I flipped my lid.
>>
>>64715637

You actually make a good point.

He was starving, wandering by himself for weeks. Fighting infection & fever. He should have lost 30 lbs along the way.
>>
>>64715637

THAT DETAIL BOTHERS ME ALSO; BOTH, LEONARDO DICAPRIO, THE THESPIAN HIMSELF, AND ALEJANDRO GONZÁLEZ IÑARRITU, THE "DIRECTOR", ARE AT FAULT FOR THIS.
>>
>>64715817
>>64715817
literally eating dead tissue off of corpses
>>
hack fraud
>>
no half-measures
>>
>>64715637
I don't think Leo deserves anOscar for it, but not because he didn't lose enough weight. The problem is the same as it always with his movies - he looks like Leonardo Dicaprio playing a role, he never truly enters the character. That's why he is always outshone by actors like the big guy.
>>
>>64715637
>>64715825
how many days passed since the bear attack till he got back in the town?
>>
Leo really was in freezing temps, when he gets into that icy water it really was icy water, he ate dirty raw meat and did a lot of his own stunts. He did alright, he definitely deserves a nomination
>>
>>64717341
>going through arbitrary physical danger suddenly is more laudable than giving a convincing performance of a well rounded character

By your logic, Jackie Chan should have like twelve Oscars.
>>
>>64717228

APPROXIMATELY SIX, OR SEVEN.
>>
>>64717228
looks like maybe 2 weeks. But it wasnt like he hadnt eaten anything. Takes months for muscle to fall off.
>>
>>64717228

The historical Glass took six weeks to travel the ~200 miles between where he was left and Fort Kiowa. So, around 42 days. Not bad for a guy who was half dead.
>>
if he doesn't get an oscar ive lost all hope
this was a masterpiece and best piece of cinema i've seen in maybe 10 years?
instant patrician tier stuff.

>dem cinematic shots and point of view camera work.
havent seen anything like it
>>
>>64717466
This
>>
>>64717588
But what about plot and characters and themes? Idiot
>>
>>64717668
its just the style of the film. the plot was there but there wasn't much background information, it just dropped straight into a battle scene. thats fine by me, i enjoyed the quiet scenes with no dialogue because it was so beautiful to watch it didnt matter.

its not a film you can enjoy if you enjoy capeshit and such, not saying you do. but its definitely an acquired taste.
>>
>>64715637
he acts with his mind, not with shitty weight loss gimmicks
>>
File: jackie.jpg (8 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
jackie.jpg
8 KB, 278x181
>>64717466
>implying he shouldn't
>>
>>64717716
LMAO

plz explain
>>
>>64717913
I agree that he's a tremendous entertainer, and some of the shit that he has done on film sets is outright astonishing, but claiming that he deserves acting awards for it, let alone an Oscar,goes against what those awards fundamentally stand for in the first place.
>>
>>64717510
Nigger I lost 5kgs of weight in only 8 days one time while out in the wilderness.
>>
>>64718190
anyone can lose weight for a movie it doesnt mean you can act.
>>
>>64718255
course you did buddy. keep telling yourself that
>>
>>64718310
>anyone can lose weight for a movie it doesnt mean you can act
Everyone but DiCaprio, apparently. And Brando.
>>
>>64718310
I meant the "acting with his mind" part.

cuz Hardy and even Gleeson outshined him in this movie desu
>>
>>64718658
gleeson is so awfully cringeworthy. his acting is so unbelievable and amateur

awful accent and he sounded like a retard when he had to raise his voice.

he only suits awkward characters like in ex machina because thats the kind of guy he is
>>
>>64717466
You made me laugh
>>
>didn't realize Gleeson was in "star wars" too until my customary day-after viewing google

he's just that forgettable
>>
>>64715637
Hugh Glass was badass
>>
>>64717588
It was pretentious as hell. Sure, Bird Director wanted to capture suffering, and he did that, but that is ALL that he accomplished with this work.
>>
>>64719959
he looked and acted super differently in star wars than in any movie i've seen him in, i was actually pretty impressed because i thought the same as this guy >>64719663
>>
>>64717341
He ate dirty raw meat? I can't see the insurance company going along with that.
>>
>>64718255
I lost 2 kgs in 1 day from not eating dinner
>>
>>64718255
a lot of that might have been related to water loss and such, did you gain any of it back?
>>
>>64720056
>pretentious

actually the movie was too unassuming, desu. not disagreeing that basically nothing happened but I hate it when people spam that word. it needed more surrealist parts than man vs. wild really. Inarritu could have done so much more with the ending; it's pretty ambiguous to me whether his waifu ceased haunting him. at least nobody said 'the revenant' at any point.
>>
>>64718224
Fair enough. I'm interested in your explanation why if you care to explain?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.