[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay uhm. can someone explain me the ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2001.jpg (46 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
46 KB, 1920x1080
okay uhm. can someone explain me the ending?
>>
It's the next step of evolution, the space babby made of energy.
Pretty obvious desu, are you very daft?
>>
>>64712845
Read the book, it explains it better.
>>
>okay uhm

are you a 14 year old girl or something?
>>
He accelerated past or near the speed of life, fucking up color and perception

Then the aliens fucked him through his entire life to rebirth him as a god
>>
Captain Willard kills Colonel Kurtz.
>>
>>64712924
I get that if he arrived at the monolith it would initiate the next step of evolution as it already has but why was he there three times with different ages and why was it in this odd living room
>>
>>64712845
>okay uhm

Fuck off
>>
File: copy.jpg (58 KB, 960x885) Image search: [Google]
copy.jpg
58 KB, 960x885
I have transcended!
>>
>>64713034
do the aliens have a motive?
>>
File: image.png (218 KB, 1086x813) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218 KB, 1086x813
>>
>>64713123
well shit
>>
>>64713051
It's to show how much knowledge and experience the aliens fed him and the room was designed by them so he, as a human, could feel at home. It looks freaky because it's a mishmash of a few different human architectural styles that the aliens have studied.
>>
In the first scene of the film you see what the monolith does to the apes (gives them tools and starts the development of homo sapiens). This then happens again in the ending of the film. The human trancends his homo sapiens being and returns to earth as the Übermensch.
>>
>>64713112
To guide the evolution of mankind and also to make sure that when mankind reaches a technological point where they can explore deep space that they don't fuck with anything too important
>>
>>64713051
The living room had furniture in it from the renaissance era which roughly translates to rebirth. Just fyi.
>>
>>64713123
>>64713163
Lol I was in that thread. The problem with that is that the room was decorated baroque, not renaissance.
>>
He went through a space/time bridge to where/when the "aliens" lived. They're even on a screen for a few seconds, as geometric shapes with lights rippling across them. They put him inside a "zoo" as they're best approximation of what a human would want/need. Because they did not exist in time the way we understand it, he lived his entire life in a split second, and all the "parts" of it overlapped, which to them made total sense (we were seeing 4D time/space from yet a higher dimension) and he "died" which to these aliens was nothing of note, so they just remade him in the next phase. Monkeys became humans. Then humans became gods. First through David.
>>
>>64713295
so 2001 is basically interstellar but with a more logical and less forced ending despite being 50 years older.
>>
>>64712845
He is reborn and sent back to earth as Prometheus.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.