[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golden Globes predictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: 1451253579629.png (303 KB, 686x802) Image search: [Google]
1451253579629.png
303 KB, 686x802
>Best Picture - Drama
The Revenant
>Best Picture - Comedy
The Martian
>Best Director
Alejandro G. Inarritu
>Best Actor - Drama
Leonardo Decaprio
>Best Actor - Comedy
Matt Damon
>Best Screenplay
The Big Short
>Best Supporting Actress
Jeniffer Jason Leigh
>Best Supporting Actor
Mark Rylance

Discuss
>>
>>64710468
If the Martian wins over the Big Short for best comedy, every HFPA member responsible should be dragged out in the street and shot. That is all.
>>
>>64710468

bad calls OP

Best Picture - D
Spotlight

Best Picture - C
The Big Short

Best Director
Ridley Scott

Best Actor
Dicaprio

Best Actor
Damon

Best Screenplay
Steve Jobs

Best Supporting Actress
Vikander

Best Supporting Actor
Stallone

it's a damn shame that Carol won't be sweeping (might not even win anything) but whatever
>>
>>64711065

oops, forgot the Actress predictions

Best Actress - D
Larson

Best Actress - C
Schumer
>>
>>64711065
I forgot the best actress category.

>Best Actress - Drama
Saoirse Ronan

>Best Actress - Comedy
Jennifer Lawrence
>>
Spotlight winning over The Revenant is going to be a travesty. It's a fine little journalist flick, but no one will care about it after this awards season
>>
Regarding these awards in general, considering the oscar judges are made up of old farts, who have also admitted in the past in voting movies because of what they heard and how they cant be bothered to watch movies....shouldnt Leonardo be fine with not owning an Oscar considering instead his various Golden Globes?
>>
>No nomination for The Leftovers

dropped
>>
>>64711065
>Best Picture - D
>Spotlight
I believe it
the **** hate white culture
>>
>tfw I don't care about the awards and just want to watch Ricky Gervais BTFO some dumb actors again
>>
is oval streaming?>?????
>>
>>64712206
Nah
>>
>>64711303
>>64711966
why would spotlight possibly win? I know the whole 'fuck christians' thing, but the buzz compared to the others is palpable
carol and the room are both way more likely
>>
realtalk tho where dat stream at senpai
>>
Are there ANY established streams right now, or am I going to have to hunt one down when I wake up in five and a half hours?
>>
>>64712710

no they're not. Carol is barely even in the race anymore. Room has a slight chance but tonight it'll be between Spotlight and Mad Max. Revenant has an outside chance but it's just barely more likely than Room.

Bear in mind that these things are not decided by reviews or your own taste etc. The race for the Oscar at this moment is between Spotlight and The Big Short. Both films will win tonight.
>>
I have literally never heard of Spotlight until today.
>>
>>64713256

well it's gonna win Best Picture at the Oscars bro. Unless The Big Short keeps its momentum going and pulls it off.
>>
>>64713199
>The race for the Oscar at this moment is between Spotlight and The Big Short. Both films will win tonight
Based on what?
Literally barely anyone's talking about spotlight anymore
I would be real interested to hear what makes you so sure that those two are the frontrunners
And don't say /tv/'s memeing or any other online forum for that matter
>>
>>64713395

seriously mate I dunno if you know about this but there many precursors leading up to the Oscars that enable people who pay attention to predict what will win with a fair degree of certainty.

Spotlight is one of the only major contenders that has been nominated by the WGA, PGA, and SAG. When the DGA comes in this week with the inevitable nomination for McCarthy it will have all but sealed the deal.

seriously do you think the race is just won in 4chan threads or something? Spotlight and The Big Short have been the two most talked about films for the last month in the race
>>
When does it start?
Will anyone be streaming?
>>
>>64713562

awards start at 8

I'm guessing there will be threads around in a couple of hours

chill
>>
>>64713562
I think it's 8pm PST/11pm EST/4am GMT :'(
>>
>>64713600
>>64713622
Thanks.

>4am GMT
Looks like i'm making coffee.
>>
>>64712710
It's exactly because its a big fuck you for chritianity that it won't win. They will rather give the award to Revenant instead
>>
>>64713662

that guy is not correct

it's 5 PM PST/8 PM EST
>>
>>64713680
Fuck you're right. That scuppers my plans because I had to get up at 5 anyway and was planning to just push it an hour earlier. Fuck it all.
>>
>>64713521
Carol
>5 golden globe nominations
>9 BAFTA nominations
>ranked 3rd most mentioned film on critics' top ten lists by metacritic

Spotlight
>3 Golden globe nominations
>3 BAFTA nominations

Top kek m8, you're talking out your ass
>>
>>64713754

jesus christ

dude if Carol gets nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars it'll be impressive. It has absolutely no chance in hell of winning.

Do you even know what the DGA, PGA, SAG, and WGA are? If you don't happen to know, you should know that many of their members are in the Academy and vote on the Oscars. They are the most important precursors out there. Carol has almost been completely shut out by every guild. It has absolutely zero chance.

The Globes are absolutely irrelevant when it comes to the Oscars

The Baftas are slightly more relevant but what matters the most are the guilds.

Seriously you look like a dumbass right now. The fact that you don't even consider the guilds important reflects that you don't really know much about how the Oscars are run.

Carol stands zero chance at winning Best Picture. The Big Short and Spotlight are the two big frontrunners.

For instance, Boyhood won Best Picture at the Globes last year. What did it win at the Oscars? Nothing.

Birdman won at the guilds. What did it win? Best Picture.
>>
>>64713857
>The Globes are absolutely irrelevant when it comes to the Oscars
>The Baftas are slightly more relevant but what matters the most are the guilds.
Holy shit, could you be more of a pleb?

>dude, the guilds! LMAO XD
>>
>>64713680
Good to know.

>1am GMT
Looks like i will be trading coffee for wine.
>>
>>64713857
>Do you even know what the DGA, PGA, SAG, and WGA are? If you don't happen to know, you should know that many of their members are in the Academy and vote on the Oscars. They are the most important precursors out there. Carol has almost been completely shut out by every guild. It has absolutely zero chance.
DGA nominations aren't even available yet
SAG nominated Carol
WGA also nominated Carol
Only PGA hasn't. That's one bro

Stop talking shite
>>
>>64713857
>>64714144
Holy fuck, BTFO
>>
>>64714144

SAG did not nominate Carol you retarded mongoloid. just because it nominated individual actors doesn't mean that it nominated Carol. The only important SAG nomination when it comes to considering Best Picture is Best Ensemble. Carol was not nominated for that. Best Ensemble at the SAG awards is tantamount to their Best Picture nomination.

jesus you're retarded

and the PGA put out 10 nominations and Carol couldn't even make it in. That's death for it.
>>
>Best Motion Picture - Drama
Either The Revenant or MM:FR

>Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
The Big Short
(can't believe Trainwreck was nominated, it was one of the worse flicks of the year)

>Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Cate Blanchett has this in the bag
(although Elisabeth Moss in Queen of Earth was the best i've seen this year)

>Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Faggots will pick the trans role because they are so accepting
(personal pick would be Deep in Black Mass)

>Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Haven't seen any of the nominated

>Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Maybe Dubstian Bale

>Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Alicia Vikander

>Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Idris Elba

>Best Director
Hard choice between Miller and Inarritu

>Best Screenplay
The Big Short

>Best Animated Feature Film
Anomalisa

Narcos will get most of the tv stuff.
>>
>>64714649
>SAG did not nominate Carol you retarded mongoloid.
> just because it nominated individual actors doesn't mean that it nominated Carol

>The Screen Actors Guild Award (also known as the SAG Award) is an accolade given by the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) to recognize outstanding performances in film and primetime television.
This is how retarded you are
>>
>>64714673

Cate Blanchett is not going to win

Nobody in that line up has a chance but Larson and Ronan

seriously do you guys pick the winners out of your personal likes and dislikes?

Blanchett has maybe a 10% chance
>>
>>64714827

oh I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit little buddy. The entire debate was about what will win Best Picture. Acting awards barely mean anything. Just because an individual from Carol was nominated does not mean that the film itself gained any traction in the Best Picture race. I guess your retarded brain couldn't follow the conversation very easily. Oooh great, Rooney Mara and Blanchett will be nominated for acting awards! Big deal. Carol has no chance at Best Picture. The Ensemble award is the SAG award that has significance for the Best Picture race. Spotlight and The Big Short are the only two real Oscar contenders that were nominated for it.
>>
>>64714829
> do you guys pick the winners out of your personal likes and dislikes?

Yes.
>>
>>64714971

sorry but that's not how it works my dear
>>
Sly is going to win for Creed, isn't he?
>>
>>64710468

>the big short
>winning anything

Terrible movie, steve carell needs to stop trying so hard, he's making leo look natural
>>
>>64715018

it's between him and Rylance

I'd predict Stallone tonight
>>
>>64715056

yeah, your taste decides what's going to win mate!

it's all about you!
>>
Hmmm any of the top 3( Spotlight The Revenant and Mad Max ) can win. Ill say Mad Max as thr HFPA will be their usual selves
The Big Short
Leo
Brie Larson
Matt Damon
Amy Schumer
Mark Rylance
Alicia Vikander
Ridley Scott
The Big Short
>>
who's watching red carpet?
>>
>>64712023
So you want Ricky Gervais to btfo himself
>>
>>64715147

good predictions

Mad Max is the only thing that can beat Spotlight tonight I think. Golden Globes like being unpredictable. If they go with Mad Max instead of Spotlight and the Oscars inevitably go with Spotlight or The Big Short it'll be two years in a row that the Globes have BTFO the Oscars
>>
>>64715175

I just turned it on. Going to have to get drunk a whole lot faster to swallow this shit. These people are so god damn annoying to listen to. Such vapid idiots.
>>
>>64715113

Oh no, my brudda committed suicide because bankahs are evul!

bettah short the housin sectah and make millions because of it, that'll show em!

terrible move, about terrible people
>>
Stallone will get his Golden Globe tonight.
>>
>>64714886
>Acting awards barely mean anything
>uses the SAG as a measure for best picture
>SAG which only judge acting performances

Kek
Please go on, every post you make makes you sound more retarded it's hilarious
>>
>>64715147
I dont buy Spotlight being a Oscar winner but since the globes usually go with critic's darling it might win something there tonight.
>>
Fuck this 'Leo should get an oscar' meme
he's not that good but you know he'll win the GG and the oscar cause of that shit reddit meme
>>
Lady Sifs voice is so deep
>>
>>64714649
>Moving the goalposts is an informal logical fallacy in which previously agreed upon standards for deciding an argument are arbitrarily changed once they have been met. This is usually done by the "losing" side of an argument in a desperate bid to save face
>>
All i care about is Matt Damon winning, he was terrific in the Martian.
>>
STREAMS

http://199.195.248.155:10701/niggers.ts - 1/40
http://170.130.1.95:9240/burgos - 0/20
http://170.130.1.95:9720/on3 - 4/60

OPEN VLC

CTRL+N -> PASTE AN URL -> PLAY

IRC CHAT: #/tv/ @ irc.rizon.net

Red carpet just started
>>
>>64715475

are they all HQ?
>>
>>64715274
Kill yourself, /starwars/ retard
>>
who is this raging gay
>>
>>64715687

some fashion wannabee tv personality cunt, who cares
>>
>>64715205
E the hfpa are quite tryhard in their wins. If Mad Max gets shutout at dga theyll look like complete buffoons
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>64715475
>start the stream
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>64715475

>dat first stream QUALITY

not even your dank memes can ruin it for meme streambro
>>
Alicia Vikander is a qt
>>
File: 1450530903081.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1450530903081.gif
1 MB, 220x200
WTF MARTIAN IS ACTUALLY IN COMEDY CATEGORY? JUST BECAUSE A FILM HAS SOME FUNNY DIALOGUE DOESNT MAKE IT A COMEDY HOLY SHIT WTF IM SO CONFUSED
>>
reminder that Lady Gaga is nominated
>>
>>64716282
they knew they wouldn't win in drama so i guess they put it in comedy
>>
>>64716282
>I NEED TO WRITE SOME CODE
>SPEAK ENGLISH DOC

The worst kind of comedy.
>>
>>64710468

stream and chat

bretty good dot com

bretty good dot com
>>
>>64715376
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>64713754
>BAFTA
you mean the guys who nominated Minions for Best Animated Film?

kek
>>
post yfw the last thread was made by a ragging redditor atheist ricky gervais lover and he got so buttblasted he deleted his own thread

what a lad
>>
why was the live thread deleted??
>>
>>64717775
because mods are fucking clueless
>>
Why was the other thread BTFO
were the janitors triggered
>>
is Room nominated? I think that should win a bunch.
>>
>>64717754
but you can't delete your own thread anymore
>>
>he actually deleted our quality on topic /tv/ and film thread about the golden globes

...meanwhile >>64716804

FUCKING BRAVO
>>
>>64717775
not star wars, jj paid good money for the front page
>>
>>64717801
>>64717818

illegal restream links
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.