[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Half Life Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: img_32134_0.jpg (349 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
img_32134_0.jpg
349 KB, 1280x1024
could this series translate well into film?
>>
it'd be basically hunger games with the warfare style of children of men. plus a protagonist that doesn't speak.
>>
reddit the movie honestly
>>
it could work if it wasn't from Gordon's point of view
>>
>>64708638
Silent protagonist. Kys loser
>>
Not really. The 'plot' of Half-Life is laughingly bad and hinges on great atmosphere, the character of Gordon Freeman isn't really a character, and it's hard to make a coherent story about the guy who runs around scientific facilities and shoots zombies in a face with magnum
>>
>>64708638
sadly, valve's not interested in doing anything more with halflife. marc laidlaw even retired recently.
>>
Black Mesa should be the first 15/20 mins of the movie then HL2 is the remaining 1hr 20 mins
>>
>>64708638
Not really. Hollywood is too into trilogies these days.
>>
Has there ever been a good movie based on a video game?
>>
>>64708638
A movie from Barney's perspective played by Oscar Isaac as Calhoun would work.
>>
>>64708869
Tron if the video game is fictional
>>
well... one of the co-creators and writers of Half Life just left Valve saying he didn't want to write for just games anymore and wanted to write for other mediums... hmmmmm...
>>
The main character doesn't even speak.

>>64708869

The first Silent Hill and Prince of Persia were ok, we will see if Assassin's Creed will manage
>>
>>64708638
a portal movie is doable
>>
>>64708907
Well, the game came out based on the movie and the game in the movie.

I wasn't quite old enough to see it when it came out, but I do remember seeing it in the arcade years later when I started going to them in the late 80s.
>>
>>64708869
TFA is based on KOTOR and it's all right.
>>
They gotta get JJ Abrams on that shit quick. But we need to spice up the lore to make it accessible for general audiences
>vortigaunts are now cute fluffy creatures
>Alyx is now a main character, she needs no Freeman
>One of the combines realises that he doesn't want to make people pick up the can and deserts. He's black and becomes good friends with Barney. They're wacky together.
>The villian is obviously G-Man, tall, white man in a corporate suit
>Nihilanth is replaced by a giant spider or some shit, can't have our characters kill babies, even if they're giant and ugly
>>
>>64708638
No because there's no story only action set pieces.
>>
>>64709147
He's already on it
>>
>>64708938
It'll never work out. Ken Levine went into videogames because he couldn't huff it as a screenwriter in hollywood. And his games are more story oriented.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 759x551) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 759x551
>>64708800
>ouch that sliced my soul in half
t-there's going to be a half life 3 r-right ?
>>
>>64710281
If you stop supporting Steam, maybe. It literally prints money for Valve. Why would they risk developing a game that will never live up to its fans expectations?
>>
>>64710342
yes because valve hinges on the support of this one single person :^)

I hate when you idiots suggest that crap. it's as bad as 'vote with your wallet'.
>>
calling it now
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 377x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 377x450
>>64710687
>implying Alyx would ever race-mix
>>
>>64708638
not even remotely.
>>
>>64708638
No, but bioshock would definitely work as a movie adaptation
>>
>>64712140
She is half black and half latino so yeah...
>>
>>64712495
She's half-black half-asian you retard. Go play HL2 again.
>>
>>64712567
half anything is one half too much.
>>
What a shit story.

A guy tries to escape a research facility while being hunted by aliens and marines. A man in a suit looks in on the activities every 10 minutes or so.
>>
>>64712717
He actually guides you, he's your puppetmaster.
>>
File: bazinga.jpg (5 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.jpg
5 KB, 187x250
>>64708638
another JJ teen angst movie featuring bazinga and spock
>>
File: 2bf.png (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2bf.png
34 KB, 400x400
>>64713627
guality post
>>
>>64708907
If fictional games count, Wreck it Ralph certainly deserves a mention.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.