[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched the thing 1982 And I loved. Best movie I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: latest-1.jpg (780 KB, 2136x3211) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
780 KB, 2136x3211
I just watched the thing 1982

And I loved. Best movie I've seen in quite some time

What should I watch next ? Something in the same catagory
>>
The prequel isn't that bad

Not great but it could have been worse
>>
>>64707732
Same name right?
>>
>>64707779
Yeah. Just google it
>>
>>64707732
It's fucking dog shit. Apparently they had all the monster puppets and shit ready to go but the studio forced them to do CGI at the last minute.

Always hard for me to get into the movie magic when some giant fucking CGI monster is roaring around on the screen.
>>
File: 1452302304534.jpg (97 KB, 482x641) Image search: [Google]
1452302304534.jpg
97 KB, 482x641
>>64707732
>The prequel isn't that bad

OP I have some recommendations.

The Fly.
From Beyond.
Event Horizon.
Society.
The Blob 80's.
Videodrome.
>>
>>64707976
Good list, I'd add Mouth of Madness for more based Carpenter.
>>
>>64707646
Pretty good recommandations so far.
If you're willing to look for older films, watch "Zombie" by Tourneur which had some creepy elements.
>>
>>64707976
I liked event horizon though I have some of the same complaints as ebert
>>
>>64708673

Yeah, "the World's end trilogy" is pretty good. The next two after the thing aren't as good but Mouth of Madness is still great.

If you want based protagonists Carpenter's Vampires is also good. James Woods is perfect as an asshole vampire hunter.
>>
>>64707646
go watch all kurt russell movies. starting with big trouble in little china.
>>
>>64709079
Agreed.

The most uncuckable man in Hollywood.
>>
>>64707732
fuck you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
fuck you forever and fuck you
>>
>>64707646
Check out also "Cigarette burns" of Carpenter. Based episode from Masters of Horror. Should have been shown in theaters imo.
>>
>>64709221
oh my god what the fuck

fucking kikes
>>
>>64707893
don't care. my waifu wan is in it.
>>
This generation is so needy and entitled.
>>
The original Death Race, Death Race 2000 is wayyyyy better than the ones made these days. The anderson tapes is surpringly good for its time.
>>
File: you sicken me.jpg (53 KB, 264x329) Image search: [Google]
you sicken me.jpg
53 KB, 264x329
>>64707976
>no Prince of Darkness
>>
Hateful 8, it's a ripoff of the thing
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.