[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your personal favourite movies that the rest of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
What are your personal favourite movies that the rest of the world has apparently 0 interest in, /tv/?

I don't think I can express just how much I love The Grey

It's pretty much universally overlooked, so I assume there's just something about it that works for me on a personal level and I don't know why since the movie's kind of fucking depressing, but it's just such an unusual story.

Fucking 10/10 in my book.
>>
>>64700003
Most people think I Married A Witch is silly. I think it is a masterpiece.
>>
Not Another Teen Movie.
>>
Mann's Miami Vice is one of my favourites.
>>
I like The Grey too, anon. The first half didn't really cut it for me, but holy hell does the movie get good in the second half. That shot of the lake towards the end is beautiful, and the ending itself is GOAT.
>>
>>64702310
Fucking this
actually I really like all of Mann's newer, digitally shot stuff but it seems to get totally panned everywhere. I really liked Blackhat.
>>
The Duellists I mean NO recognition
>>
Miller's Crossing. It's a Coen Bros film that I have never heard mentioned anywhere, but it's practically my favourite. I can rewatch it pretty much endlessly, but I can't articulate exactly what it is that makes it really click for me.
>>
>>64700003
Locke
>>
Snow piercer. Top 5 movies now.
>>
>>64703502
literally never heard of this, will check out. Seems interesting
>>
File: fitzcarraldo.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fitzcarraldo.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Fitzcarraldo. Every shot is a masterpiece but no one wants to sit through the whole thing. The cinematography, the effects, the score, it's all perfect. Seems like it's always overshadowed by Aguirre.
>>
>>64703736
that shot alone makes me want to check it out
>>
>>64703736
i saw burden of dreams and it's crazy all the shit herzog had to go through to make this movie. i even heard one of his crew members had to get his leg cut off with a chainsaw because he got bit by a snake. don't know how true that is, but holy shit.
>>
>>64700003
I loved the Grey too anon.

M-maybe we can cuddle some time and watch it desu senpai
>>
>>64700003
>that the rest of the world has apparently 0 interest in
>posts Hollywood movie that made millions of dollars
>>
File: movieposter[1].jpg (21 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
movieposter[1].jpg
21 KB, 279x402
Probably the most niche coen brothers movie
>>
>>64704056
a lot of movies the world gave zero fucks about have made millions anon
>>
>>64703605
Legitimately a great movie. I'm curious what else is in your top 5, I've been looking for more like Snow Piercer but I've had a lot of difficulty. I like that it's kind of fantastical but so solidly put together.
>>
File: le autism man.jpg (28 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
le autism man.jpg
28 KB, 700x476
>>64704155
But the fact that they did make millions means the world did have at least some interest in it.
>>
File: leadeyes.jpg (115 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
leadeyes.jpg
115 KB, 568x320
>>64700003
i love Eyes Wide Shut. people tend to reduce it to "ORGY LMAO" but it's actually a really heartfelt examination of the masks we wear in relationships and the lies we tell ourselves. Beautifully shot, and easily Kubrick's most thoughtful, accessible, and human film.
>>
>>64704247
I guess that's a fair point, I guess it would have been better to say "easily forgotten movies that you love?"

Pic very related.
>>
>>64700003
>the grey came out in 2012
fuck it feels like i watched it less than a year ago. Why the fuck does time go by so fast?
>>
>>64704338
Because you enjoy watching white females getting impregnated by well endowed African men
>>
>>64704055
Fuck off
No faggots allowed on /tv/
>>
Conspiracy (2001) is an awesome movie. Fitted out very well, indeed. Really, really compelling setting with a magical winter atmosphere. Very good mostly British actors. Branagh is a good actor, of course, even though I really would have loved to see a physically larger actor representing Heydrich.
>>
>>64704055
sounds cozy af
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.