[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people on this board that haven't apologized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 212353246.jpg (161 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
212353246.jpg
161 KB, 618x412
>There are people on this board that haven't apologized to Lucas yet
>>
I'm sorry George, we were wrong

Please come back
>>
Hehe... meme.
>>
He didn't deserve the hate
>>
>>64698617
He should apologize to the world for those fucking prequels. You should apologize to us for trying to get attention this way.
>>
>>64698617

I wish the autist who keeps spamming these threads would go
>>
He wrote, directed, and, edited Star Wars with MUCH help

He produced and came up with story ideas ESB

He co-wrote ROTJ

He made three shitty prequels.

He designed none (zero) of the designs, costumes, and sound effects that make Star Wars iconic. And half of the success of the OT comes from John William's score. Stop sucking his dick
>>
File: darth-maul2.jpg (105 KB, 1632x816) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul2.jpg
105 KB, 1632x816
I did, and will do it again.

I'm so sorry George, please don't be mad at us. We were corrupted by RLM propaganda. Please come back.
>>
File: 1425521621129.png (25 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
1425521621129.png
25 KB, 499x468
Shitty CG additions to the OT
Underwhelming PT
Wasted Dooku and Maul
Space Politics
Hating on sand
>Not happening, champ.
>>
File: timthumb.php.jpg (38 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
38 KB, 640x320
>>64702340
Hating on sand
>Over the line
>>
>>64701892

What's with this insidious brand of spiteful nerd that keeps trying to take the credit for the franchise and mythology of Star Wars away from George Lucas?
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1422x805) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1422x805
reminder
>>
>>64701892
cool
TFA had John Williams and Lawrence Kasdan yet it was the weakest film
>>
>>64702688
>Weakest film
Oh thank goodness I guess Return of the Jedi and the Prequels are actually much better than how I remembered them.
>>
>>64702688

John Williams works better with Lucas than he does with JJ, that is absolute fact.

TFA had a weak original score with the sole exception of Rey's theme.
>>
>>64702517
You shouldn't compare them.
Lucas is an auteur, JJ is a studio puppet with no creativity.
>>
>>64702753
>Insinuating TFA is better than Return of the Jedi

This mantra TFA fans keep repeating is bordering on desperate.
>>
>>64701892
>He designed none (zero) of the designs, costumes, and sound effects that make Star Wars iconic
He had final say on all this. that's why TFA used all the rejected concept art.
>>
>>64702897
TFA is alright, a 7/10. Return of the Jedi is a shitshow with the exceptions of Jabba's Palace and Luke's final duel with Vader. The rest of it with the whole Teddy Bear Jamboree is just lousy.

Oh and don't recite the "TFA is just a remake of Star Wars" rhetoric when Return of the Jedi rehashes the Death Star AGAIN.
>>
>>64703069
Return of the Jedi was fucking amazing
>>
>>64703069
TFA is a rehash of Return of The Jedi bigger Death Star with a shield.
>>
>>64703069
It's a Han Solo has to sneak into a planet and blow something up to let the X-wing shoot the death star episode
>>
how can anyone rate TFA higher than 3/10?
>>
>>64703069

>TFA is an alright 7/10

The only good parts of the film are the opening sequence and the battle on Maz's planet. The ending sequence was ruined by the series of hilarious contrivances that allowed the destruction of the Death Star mk III and the complete lack of emotion and impact in the death of Han Solo.

>Jabba's Palace and Luke's final duel with Vader
I think you forget what a large part of the film Jabba's palace is. Even after that, Luke's return to Dagobah is also a very memorable and loved scene. The space battle above Endor puts the rehashed Trench Run in TFA to shame, the actually inspired ship designs alone does it, let alone the film direction and visuals.

Ewoks are something every parrot loves to tout around as the downfall of RotJ, but they are fine. They didn't defeat the Imperial forces on their own and it does a great job of showing the Empire's hubris when their trap for the Rebels falls flat.
>>
>>64702512
Doesn't change the facts of what I said
>>64702688
Did I fucking mention TFA? We're not talking about that, it has nothing to do with this discussion
>>
>>64703428
>and the complete lack of emotion and impact in the death of Han Solo.
top kek
>>
File: south-park-bp-sorry1.png (191 KB, 636x346) Image search: [Google]
south-park-bp-sorry1.png
191 KB, 636x346
>>
>>64698617
I'M SORRY GEORGE
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.