[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kubrick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
What are your top 3 kubrick films.
Mine: 1. Eyes wide shut
2. 2001 space oddysey
3. Barry lyndon

Also is he a hack or a genius?
>>
>>64694003
1:Barry Lyndon
2:The Shining
3:2001
>>
>>64694003
1. Eyes Wide Shut
2. A clockwork orange
3. Shining

He is neither a hack or a genius.
He is a very very talented director, a visionnary but to me, his films lack some gut, some emotion though Eyes Wide Shut felt a little different in the way.
>>
>>64694119
But if he's not a genius, which director is desu? none
>>
>>64694178
Cronenberg
>>
1. 2001
2. Dr. Strangelove
3. The Shining
>>
The Killing
Eyes Wide Shut
The Shining

Barry Lyndon is fantastic but I've only seen it once.
>>
1. Barry Lyndon
2. Dr. Strangelove
3. The Shining
>>
>>64694003
same as you op, but i can't rank them those three are my favourites
>>
Dr. Stangelove
Clockwork orange
Full Metal Jacket
Barry Lyndon
>>
>>64694003
Barry Lyndon
Eyes Wide Shut

>Was he a genius?
No but he was very good.
>>
>>64694003
1. Barry Lyndon
2. Eyes Wide Shut
3. A Clockwork Orange.
>>
anyone putting 2001 can fuck off

shit film
>>
>>64694003
>1. 2001
>2. Dr. Strangelove
>3. Barry lyndon
I'm a gigantic fan of him.
>>
>>64695481
Wouldn't call it shit but it's too strange for it's own good. The HAL subplot was way better then the main plot.
>>
>>64695509
HAL kept me awake but sheesh, I don't care if every shot is meticulously crafted. It's boring
>>
2001 is the most overrated film of all time. Requires absolutely no brainpower and isn't worth thinking about after, you just have to sit there and watch the pretty visuals. It's fucking garbage. A film for the wannabe patrician who would probably enjoy Michael Bay movies if they weren't so normie.
>>
2001: A Space Oddysey
Barry Lyndon
A Clockwork Orange
>>
>>64695542
>It's boring
This. I don't care what anyone says, i fell asleep on my first watch of the movie. During this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0

TEN FUCKING MINUTES
>>
>>64695609
makes me want to puke in my soup
>>
>>64695609
that scene is fantastic
>>
>>64695609
This is the best scene of the film you pleb
>>
>>64695647
if it was in a modern star trek for example by jew jew, /tv/ would call it all style no substance garbage

it's bad
>>
>>64695647
>>64695652
Not when it takes 10 fucking minutes like what the fuck was Kubrick thinking.
>>
>all these people not rating EWS
if it isn't you top 3 your opinion is discarded.

1. Strangelove
2. Eyes Wide Shut
3. Barry Lyndon
>>
>>64695652
actually this one is, and i can't even think of any other scene that could be considered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJ8cAGm6JE
>>
Is there an American director better than him?

>inb4 Malick
>>
>>64694003
>hack or a genius
extreme polar opposites? why these? is there a fine line between the two?
>>
>>64695785
not on /tv/
>>
>>64695772
Brakhage
>>
>>64695772
Wes Anderson, PTA.
>>
1.Fear and Desire
2.Interstellar
3.Moon landing footage
>>
>>64695683
He was thinking that the film wasn't for plebs like you.
>>
Eyes wide shut
Full metal jacket
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 332x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 332x430
>>64695481
>>64695542
>>64695609
>>64695674
>>64695683

these are trolls, right?
>>
>>64695565

Exactly, I would even say that 2001:A Space Odyssey is quite simply the worst thing to happen to cinema ever. Its forced profundity has caused millions of people all over the world to force themselves to like what is quite simply nothing more than an exercise in style.

Kubrick has no idea what he is doing here. His film jumps around with little to no sense of unity. The great film makers of the world create a series of events that contain clarity of information, something Kubrick couldn't bet his life on.

What is the purpose of what is going on here? Is there any coherent message? I have heard suggestions that it is Kubrick's message about the future of humanity, but what future is that? Does Kubrick even know?

This is Transformers for the art house crowd. Pure style over substance. Nobody actually likes this film, they just like to be seen liking it.
>>
>>64697243
I like it and also the film is not supposed to answer your questions whats the faith of humanity etc its supposed to raise more questions. Its a visual, stunning masterpiece definetely ahead of its time.
>>
>>64697181
No, it's just neo /tv/.
>>
1, ACO
2. EWS
3. 2001
>>
1. eyes wide shut
2. 2001
3. cuckwork orange
>>
Cinema: Barry lyndon
Film: 2001
Movie: Full Metal Jacket
Flick: The shinning
>>
>>64697243
The idea for movie was created in conjunction with Arthur c. Clarke, and is meant to be watched along with reading the book 2001 a space odessy that Arthur wrote at the same time the movie came out
>>
1. don't care
2. don't care.
3. wow, why don't you discover a second director you enjoy and stop spamming Kubrick every day for years on end

It's like every other 4channer is obsessed with Kubrick and Infinite Jest. What is this shit? Are you people robots?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.