[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he wins an Oscar for this it will be more embarrassing than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: revenant.jpg (46 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
46 KB, 600x400
If he wins an Oscar for this it will be more embarrassing than if he never wins an Oscar in his life.
>>
>>64693871
Will it though? Normalfags would probably think otherwise.
>>
>>64693871
GEEEEET TO THE BOAT!
>>
I've thought about this too. When he walks up to that microphone on stage, people will just be thinking of all the jokes about any random dude having as many Oscars as he does, on top of his tryhard attempts to become the next DDL
>>
>if I squint and yell it will make me a better actor

If he wins tonight I'll lose all faith in Pedowood
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 480x270
>>64693871

>yfw they finally cave and just give the fat fuck a pity Oscar just to make him stop shouting so much
>>
>>64693871

I personally believe he just has really shitty timings with his movies releasing with competing actors.

departed, shutter island were both great performances.

but this one is great in it's own right. it'll be a shame if he wins this because there were so much more performances he should have actually won it for.
>>
File: thehungrydicaprio.png (331 KB, 514x334) Image search: [Google]
thehungrydicaprio.png
331 KB, 514x334
>>64693871
>>
i see whats happening here, this is a good movie therefor /tv/ must be heavily critical,

how come when all the capeshit comes out thats good enough yet a visual masterpiece like this gets so much hate? what the fuck?

this piece of cinema is an acquired taste so dont bother slandering it if youre too stupid to enjoy something without hot blondes and explosions
>>
>>64694059

Hello Reddit.
>>
File: 1439094198449.png (176 KB, 434x428) Image search: [Google]
1439094198449.png
176 KB, 434x428
>>64694059
go back to your hugbox if you can't handle it
>>
>>64694105
>>64694076
youre a bunch of shitcunts who feel a sense of superiority when you criticise a good movie just for the sake of being contrarian. fuck off right now and dont come back
>>
>>64694146
check back in 10 years if your still watching this movie. you won't be
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 293x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 293x298
>>64694146

What's wrong, Reddit? Upset because there's no le downvote button here?
>>
>>64694146
other than 'visual masterpiece', which was mostly done through CGI and filters, what makes this movie good? what specifically about his performance makes him worthy of a best actor academy award?

you can talk about the visuals all fucking day but that means nothing when talking about best actor. just because he got raped by a grizzly bear? the bear was CGI bro. no penetration.
>>
CALLING IT NOW

NO OSCAR FOR LEO
>>
>>64693871
Why hasn't he won one anyway?
>>
>>64694250

He's not a very good actor.
>>
>>64694297
why not?
>>
AAAAAAGH
*grunting*
ARRRRRGHHHHH
*more grunting*
I'M ACTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>>
>>64693871
Leo showed us his great deal acting ability in this film, but I really hate to bring this up that whole production failed to utilize the landscape of United States. I was eager him stepping into wild scenery that show us different faces. I don't get a point of just showing the winter when you have the luxury of time & money to go on the awesome location like that !!! I hope Leo get recognition for his efforts, but I doubt about the outcome on this film during the award season.
>>
>>64694359
>shout acting
>beard acting
>accent acting

he's subtle Johnny Depp
>>
>>64694359

He has no subtlety, no depth, and very little range. He can be playing two completely different characters, yet they'll feel like the same person with a different (badly done) accent. None of his characters ever feel like real people, just Leo's idea of what a good performance should look like.
>>
>>64694550
>>64694606
If he's such a bad actor why is he famous, recognizable by almost everyone and worth 245 million dollars?
>>
>>64694780
Because Scorsese keeps putting him in his films.

Leo is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>64694780
Why are the kardasians famous, recognizable by almost everyone and worth 100 million dollars?
>>
File: image.jpg (729 KB, 1918x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
729 KB, 1918x3000
>>64694780

>implying
>>
He deserved one for Django Tbh
>hurr shouting role
Nah he was good, a real nasty cunt
>>
>>64694780
Because he was cute when he was young.
>>
>>64694146
No ones criticizing the movie
He had 10 lines in the whole thing, and his performance wasn't even that memorable otherwise
>>
>>64694780
He's likable and relatable, and he probably costs less than a christian bale, Bradley cooper, johnny depp per movie
>>
>>64694606
This
>>
>>64694059
It's the /v/edditors that hate it. Their only criticisms are that it's too long/boring or there's not enough dialogue. Not even kidding.
>>
>>64693871
I agree. hell him not having an oscar underlined that oscar was just bullshit full of nepotism and not any kind of indicator of quality
>>
>>64694606
so he is just like many other oscar winning actors.
>>
>>64694780
I have a theory as to why he gets so many good roles
If you notice, most of his movies completely revolve around his character and he's in almost every scene with tons and tons of diologue.
In other big movies with a big main character, like the Dark Knight trilogy, Christian Bale isn't even in half the scenes.
Actors demand a lot more the longer and more demanding the role is, usually they could have several roles going at once
I bet, for really time consuming roles, Leo is at least half the price or a third the price of other similar actors but has more than half the value
>>
everytime he's on the screen all I see is
>look at me I'm Leo and I'm acting!!! Plz give me oscar!!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.