[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Always Sunny Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Dennis.png (863 KB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
Dennis.png
863 KB, 1440x779
Are they gonna wrap this show up before Danny dies?
>>
>>64692821
The new episode was absolutely fucking woeful. I was embarrassed watching Charlie goosestep when I watched it with my sister. We've been watching it together, one of the few things we bond over, since season 2. It's been shit since season 7. What happened? Goddamn. RIP.
>>
>>64692850
i thought it was good
>>
>>64692850
That fukin feel
>>
>>64692850
I'm halfway through season 10 now and I'm definitely not enjoying it as much.
>>
I don't understand why people hated the new episode

Plenty of good jokes that landed and it was still as comfy as chardee 1

Good character moments from everyone in it, especially the mattel guy twist

All around genuinely good episode
>>
I just finished season 10 on Hulu. Is Dennis going full psycho now?
>>
Watched season 10 today when I saw it was on Netflix and damn, it was really hit or miss. I definitely laughed a few times, so it wasn't completely horrible, but its sad to see that they've basically just become caricatures. The whole meta/catchphrase/acknowledging their roles thing is pretty tacky.
>>
>>64692850
Season 8 was pretty hit and miss but I thought season 9 was pretty good.
>>
Danny Devito is in his 70's now but he seems really healthy and active for a senior.
>>
>>64692910
Because saying the show turned to shit after season 5 is an epic patrician opinion.
The episode was pretty good, everyone here is just a bunch of faggots
>>
File: 1439544008989.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1439544008989.png
603 KB, 630x630
>Danny dies
>The Gang goes to a Funeral

Would they be so edgy?
>>
>>64692921

Yeah it definetly got too meta with all the references to themselves. Still liked it but it wasnt as good as the earlier stuff
>>
>>64692960
They better be.
>>
>>64692960

>The Gang goes to a Funeral

Not 'The gang goes to the dumps'
>>
>>64692960
I think Danny would honestly want them to be as disrespectful as possible. He seems to 'get' the show.
>>
File: 1423181844252.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1423181844252.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>64692960
>>64692992

>mfw Cricket presides over the funeral at a fucking landfill
>>
>>64692921
>The whole meta/catchphrase/acknowledging their roles thing is pretty tacky.
I thought it really worked in 'analysed' and 'desperately tries to get an award'.
>>
>>64692850
> It's been shit since season 7.

Come on not even close to true, its gone downhill but there were plenty of golden episodes in that time.

This one though was just a horribly lazy copy job, a prime example of how the show has just become swallowed up into its own memes, probably won't even bother watching the rest if it doesn't get better than this.
>>
>>64692958
Jesus Christ. I'm sick of delusional Sunny fans blowing off any criticism of their LE NIGHTMAN LMAO show. It's been shit for years, calling me a contrarian won't change that fact.
>>
File: B99Lw6tQlB4.market_maxres.jpg (138 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
B99Lw6tQlB4.market_maxres.jpg
138 KB, 1264x711
>>64692850

>I was embarrassed watching Charlie goosestep

That's the whole point. Cringe humor is a thing, I mean this entire show was literally just cringe humor joke after cringe humor situation after joke after situation, ad infinitum. That's why it got cancelled, no one could watch it since it was so fucking painful to sit through.
>>
>>64693061
Some of the best episodes have come after season 5
>>
it's very hipstery to say, but after they switched to HD widescreen, the whole feel of the show changed. You can see them caking on the makeup, it just doesn't suit the show at all.
>>
>>64693072
Are you really explaining away terrible comedy? Cringe comedy is Ricky Gervais in The Office, and yes, Hello Ladies. It's Always Sunny didn't do that to make you uncomfortable, it was for a laugh, and it missed the mark by a mile.

>>64693090
>>64693060

The Award is GOAT, but none basically after s7
>>
>>64693134

>Goosestepping in front of a normie
>Not meant to make feel uncomfortable
>>
>>64692910
>Plenty of good jokes that landed
Honestly can't remember any, maybe there were some but they clearly weren't good or original enough to be memorable

>Good character moments from everyone in it, especially the mattel guy twist
The "twist" was boring and inconsequential, other than that there were no character moments, just restatements of how we already understand the characters
>>
>>64693146
It wasn't supposed to make you uncomfortable it was le quirky xD humour. I hate whittling it down to that, but that's what it was, at least how I interpreted it.
>>
File: Sunny_6_zpsdd154723.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunny_6_zpsdd154723.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
Don't you guys get it?
The show advanced to the 4th level.
THE HORROR
>>
>>64692821

Jesus fuck this show has been on too long. I remember it being a thing in 2006. That was a fucking decade ago. I was 23 and in a completely different state in life.
>>
>>64693463

That's the thing about shows going on for so long. EVERYONE changes in a decade.
>>
>>64693463
Please don't offend the sensitive Redditors
>>
>>64693463
Wow and you're still here? Consider suicide grandpa
>>
>>64692821
Probably, they're only contracted for another 2 seasons after this one and it's not likely that DeVito will die in the interim. If he does though I'm sure they'll use it to their advantage somehow
>>
>>64693134
>Implying season 8 isn't one of the best
>>
I honestly hope they do a weekend at bernies thing with devito

like literally use his corpse and prop it up like it's weekend at bernies

it's probably what he would have wanted
>>
Is is true that Glen was considered for 'Starlord' in 'redditors of the galaxy'?
>>
>>64693091
I felt like that before Devito joined. He seemed way to hammy and edgy. I got to like it though.
>>
Has FX done any other worthwhile comedies? I haven't been paying attention.
>>
Devito's only in his 70's and he seems healthy. Plus I'm pretty sure short people live longer, so I'm not sure where the 'Frank dying meme' came from.

Okay episode, still looking forward to the rest of the season.
>>
>>64694437

The league was okay i think thats FX. i sometimes put it on the background whilst doing other stuff and i like it
>>
>>64694400
Its wired but I always go into Sunny expecting to hate it and then end up getting some really decent laughs.

Maybe I'm just jaded.
>>
File: louisckmasterbaiter.jpg (225 KB, 472x1334) Image search: [Google]
louisckmasterbaiter.jpg
225 KB, 472x1334
>>64694437
are you fucking serious right now?
>>
>thread about the episode begins positively last night and runs positively throughout
>thread begins negatively today and runs negatively throughout

Is it posters at different times with different opinions or is it the tv hivemind?
>>
>>64694462
The league tried way to hard to be sunny. I hate me too tryhard shit though.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.