[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best part of the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: fitzgerald.jpg (29 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
fitzgerald.jpg
29 KB, 620x372
best part of the movie
>>
Hardy stole the show
>>
>>64690392
He will get best supporting actor and the film will get best cinematography, probably get edged by some pretentious shit for best picture and Leo will get jewed again on the best actor oscar
>>
I know it's a meme but I don't understand why Hardy was so great. He didn't do any difficult deliveries and was barely even important to the film, being second place in Leo Walking Alone: The Motion Picture isn't saying much.
>>
File: 1445136111350.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1445136111350.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>he has burned right

i don't get
>>
>>64690378
My favorite part was when Leo hugged a tree thinking it was his son.
>>
>>64690467
People hate Leo so much that they starting liking the other meme actor
>>
>>64690467
I just thought that he nailed the character. He made fitzgerald seem 3 dimensional even though the character was mostly just an asshole, and I thought that was impressive.
>>
>>64690467
This is super pretentious but alot of the underlying themes of the movie such as the spiritual aspects of it had to be very subtly emoted by the characters. Fitzgerald plays a literally soulless man that, despite saying he has nothing to really live for, is fucking terrified at the thought of death. Alot of the scenes where it just shows him and Bridger walking back after leaving Glass have him acting in small nuanced ways that show him as not sitting quite right, like he knows that something is specifically after him. Its a subtle difference from before Glass gets mauled where he's agitated, concerned, but not outright neurotic or nervous. He keeps that thread of a worthless and frightened man down through the rest of the film, including him haphazardly sticking up for Bridger when they got to the fort with generic 'oh he did what he had to do, he's a good soldier' stuff, which you could tell he was just doing to drown out the possibility of Bridger 'growing a conscience'.

Hardy is really good at the method style of acting where you can kinda suspend your disbelief and not see Tom Hardy, you see the character he's playing. He does it well here, whereas Leo will always struggle to do so, as this movie confirms. 30 lbs heavier, with a scraggly beard, a torn up face, rotten teeth, dead and parched lips, and covered in bear fur in natural canadian lighting and I still couldn't stop thinking 'man Leo is such a prettyboy' the whole movie. If this movie couldn't stop me from thinking that nothing will.
>>
>best part of the movie was bad guy :3
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64692812
I completely disagree. When I watch Leo act in this and Wolf of Wall Street, he feels like his character. No matter what movie I watch Hardy in, he is always just Tom Hardy with a different accent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.