[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw sally menke was the true tarantino all along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
>tfw sally menke was the true tarantino all along
>>
Django was shit without her.
I was okay with H8ful's editing though (besides the voiceover/intermission)
>>
WARM
>>
>>64689564
sometimes it felt like h8ful didn't have any editing whatsoever
>>
inglorious basterds was shit even with her editing
>>
>>64689666
nice try satan.
Inglorious was glorious.
>>
>>64689564
This. Thought he hasn't been good since Jackie Brown
>>
>>64689666
what didn't you like about it anon?

sure, it (or everything from kb onwards desu) has worrying signs of quentin's late-career self-indulgence but is comparatively breezy next to django/h8ful

weinstein needs to smack him around a bit
>>
>>64689632
Tarantino is now going the way most directors do, where they get so bloated theyre incapable of editing. The fact that his editor died sucks ass.
>>
>>64689564
The voice-over was just a horrible choice overall. With the coffee thing, it just felt more like a way to shoehorn in the impetus for the final act, without breaking the tension of the
WARM BLACK DINGUS
A
R
M

B
L
A
C
K

D
I
N
G
U
S

scene. Lazy writing?
>>
>>64689745
Basterds is, in my opinion, his greatest work. The acting was fucking god tier.
>>
what was the point of showing the coffee being poisoned? wouldn't it have been more impactful to show it after kurt russell croaks, to frame it, or perhaps excise that narrated sequence altogether and let the audience figure it out with the characters?
>>
>>64689745
whats self-indulgent about h8ful accept the dingus scene?
>>
>>64689802
thats a good point actually

I dont mind the narration telling us the coffee was poisoned, but dont have it tell us that until AFTER kurt russel dies
>>
>>64689777
It doesn't make sense. They show them talking about just waiting for him to sleep, and no mention of coffee, but then they use the coffee.
>>
>>64689777
Everything about it was horrible.
>>
>>64689875
John Ruth took their guns, and they thought he would be alone but he wasn't
>>64689860
>>64689802
Just one of his quirks, it would have been obvious that the coffee was poisoned from watching Domergue but viewers are morons so maybe he wanted to spell it out
>>
>>64689829
just about everything, imo

it's perfectly illustrated by the little part when channing tatum teaches that lady 'oui' - the following exchange between her and the chess player (about her ass) could be accomplished with three lines (if it was ever needed at all), but quentin goes for nine or ten. this is all over hateful eight's bloated script, for me it was just endless grating. the economy so prevalent in the work that made tarantino's name has gone out the window completely
>>
>>64689777
It would have felt more natural if you had an actual intermission
>>
>>64689777
It could have been completely done away with. The old general gets blown away, camera pans and shows a gloved hand pouring something into the coffee, in view of Domergue. Intermission.
>>
I dont understand how the director and writter isnt also the editor, or at least second editor.

like you make a film, have a story board, have the shots, and then give it to another person to do as they will and best match your script and idea.
>>
>>64690411
editors usually cut a lot of that away though to make it smoother

for example the lady that does all the Scorsese films doesnt read the script beforehand so she can go in and be objective
>>
Did minnie really hate mexicans or does tarant- Major Warren?
>>
More pics of Minnie when??
>>
>>64690758
She did seem fine when a couple of them walked into the haberdashery, didn't she?
>>
>>64689745
>Holocaust is fun! :D
High school trash
>>
the mexican was the best part desu mi negro amigo
>>
>>64689480
>black jew gets his dick sucked by old white man

Oy vey.
>>
>>64691007
That's why I'm wondering what the fuck happened?
Minnie doesn't even have a minor reaction like a look of disgust or disapproval to affirm Warren's claim.

TO BE FAIR, he is a sneaky black man.
>>
>>64691083
She hated messicans and warmed her heart to dogs
>>
>>64690099
>it's perfectly illustrated by the little part when channing tatum teaches that lady 'oui' - the following exchange between her and the chess player (about her ass) could be accomplished with three lines (if it was ever needed at all), but quentin goes for nine or ten. this is all over hateful eight's bloated script, for me it was just endless grating. the economy so prevalent in the work that made tarantino's name has gone out the window completely

That's it actually. I was really bothered by the movie, it was good and tight and subtextual but really annoying for some reason - this is it.
>>
What was the point of the flashback at that point? inb4 RLM, it was obvious to anyone
>>
>>64690446
you mean his mother? fucking pleb....
>>
>>64691083
when everybody was bleeding out by the end, it sure felt like warren was the biggest bad guy in the room. he was certainly the cruelest of the bunch

at the same time domergue's is the only clear villain until jody appears, but apart from being an asshole (not a crime, surely) she didn't lay a finger on anyone throughout the whole film, did she?
>>
>>64691320
Ehh she did on Kurt Russel but I think that was about it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.