[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he yell that Palpatine was the sith lord?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10
File: dooku-decapitated.jpg (220 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
dooku-decapitated.jpg
220 KB, 1600x901
Why didn't he yell that Palpatine was the sith lord?
>>
>>64688834
*FREEZE FRAME*
*RECORD SCRATCH*
Whoa, whoa, whoa! So you're probably wondering how I got here
>>
because despite sheev fucking him over, dooku was still loyal and didn't want to mess his plans up.
>>
>>64688881
I wanna hunt you down and beat you with a metal pipe you fucking unfunny meme forcing sack of shit. but then again I remember how hollow and empty your life is. so ill just let natural selection weed you out as no woman will ever touch you.
>>
>>64688834
Because nobody with a brain does this. When you dedicate your life to a cause, you don't act on impulse. Revealing the truth would jeopardize everything, so it had to be a thought out decision.
>>
>>64688834
he already did familia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXHDpCe-KI

so why would anakin believe him if obi-wan didnt?
>>
>>64688991
But he clearly wanted to destroy Sheev. He offers ObiWan a chance to join him to take down the sith in AOTC.

Dooku's character makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>64688834
"Anakin, Sheev is the Sith Lord!" said Dooku.

"Who's Sheev?" asked Anakin before decapitating Dooku.
>>
>>64689223
Or perhaps I am wondering why would someone decapacitate a man before listening to his answer.
>>
>>64688881
He was doing this in his head.
>>
>>64689286
4u
>>
Cause Dooku was the OG.
>>
>>64688834
Because he was a good friend
>>
>>64688834
Did he even know? Grievous didn't know so why would dooku?
>>
>>64689582
Did you even watch the movies
>>
>>64689021
These fucking deleted scenes
>>
>>64688834
Because he knew he would die anyways. He believed in the Sith so didn't say anything. Palpatine always wanted Anakin as his apprentice. There can't be more than two siths at one time.
>>
>>64689582
He did
>>
>>64688834
>yfw Dooku never yelled HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>oohhhh...he WAS a big guy for him
>>
>>64689582

He was literally Sheevs apprentice
>>
>>64689710
It's not even a deleted scene, that's the weird thing.

Dooku literally tells Obi-Wan everything in AOTC and it's never brought up again.
>>
File: 1397272543051.jpg (8 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
1397272543051.jpg
8 KB, 295x300
>>64688834

Obviously Sheev used the power of the force to mute him.
>>
>>64688922
looked to be more pure shock that Big Poppa Palpatine was giving the order to kill him so easily with a no fucks given look on his face.

Also even had he managed to tell Anakin it would have just ment Sheev would had to handle a dearmed Dooku, knocked out Obiwan, and Anakin and make up a story about how the jedi stayed back to give him time to escape
>>
>>64689582
one thing thats routinely established in everything relating to the Clone wars period is that aside from just 2 or 3 people literally no one knew that Palpatine was the Sith Master
>>
>>64688834
too busy shedding the blood of four thousand saxon men
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDa3jtqBKDY
>>
>>64688834
How do we know dooku knows sheev is sidious ?
>>
>>64688922
Loyal to what? The dark side?
>>64689937
so was Maul but I learned yesterday apparently Maul never knew his identity.
>>
File: 1451851749399.gif (105 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451851749399.gif
105 KB, 300x300
This Dooku nonsense is worse than fucking Ocelot throughout all of Metal Gear.
>>
>>64690946
>talking shit about Ocelot
baka
>>
>>64689021
TRAITOR
>>
File: 1452062210158.jpg (41 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1452062210158.jpg
41 KB, 249x249
>>64691070
At least we know that Ocelot just wanted the Big Boss cock.
Dooku is just a mess because Lucas can't take fucking criticism.
>>
>>64689021
would you believe someone who told you 9/11 was an inside job?
>>
>>64690780
yes
stop acting you know things
>>
>>64688834
even if he did he could just choke him into not saying anything

but he wouldn't, the sith don't let their selfishness get in the way of the grand plan
>>
>>64690780
were?
you see maul talking to him on coruscant in TPM
were he lives
cause hes a senator

do you even star wars?
>>
>>64688834

Because Dooku's spent fully three years trying to make the truth sound like an obvious lie, from the moment he told Obi-Wan the truth on Geonosis in Attack of the Clones. Obi-Wan didn't believe him, because Dooku deliberately made it sound incredible.

He knows, better than anyone else in that room, that nobody would believe the truth if he told it to them. He's trapped in his own web of lies.

Of course he knows Sheev is a Sith Lord, that's why he looks at him so incredulously there. That expression is screaming "THIS WASN'T PART OF THE PLAN YOU FUCK". But there is absolutely nothing he can say or do right now that will save him, and he knows it.
>>
>>64691418
He talks to Darth sideous not palpatine
>>
>>64691418

Maul may have only met him in his "Sidious" persona, and Palpatine wasn't exactly a big deal senator before the Naboo crisis.

Maul wouldn't have a whole lot of reason to have heard of Sheev Palpatine, even if he was intimately familiar with Darth Sidious. If he has any idea who Palpatine is, he definitely knows they're the same person, but maybe he's not really up on politics.

Dooku DEFINITELY knows Sheev is Palpatine. Once he became Chancellor, Palpatine became a huge fucking deal. Dooku knows Sidious, he has personal face-to-face meetings with him, he has everything he needs to put two and two together.

Nute Gunray doesn't have that luxury, since he doesn't seem to have encountered Sheev Palpatine personally at any point, and also seems to have only spoken to Darth Sidious via hologram. His meetings with Sidious have been carefully controlled to disguise Sidious.
>>
>>64689021

>traitor

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64692107
What did palpatine actually do in the naboo crisis?
>>
>>64688881
>*ding!*
>arrow appears next to Dooku
>this is me
>>
File: balatik.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
balatik.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
I want to know what exactly was in the deal that Han "Dead Man" Solo made with Kanjiklub.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>64688881
>forcing this meme
>>
>>64692165
Got himself made chancellor to approve aid for Naboo.
>>
>>64692227
Tell tha' to kanjiklub
>>
>>64692254
But what did he do to become Chancellor?
>>
>>64692290

He got Padme to do a vote of no confidence on the previous chancellor and then Palpatine took credit for solving the naboo crisis so he was made chancellor.
>>
>>64692290
Vote of no consequence for Chancellor Valorum
>>
>>64692290
Show that the previous one was a corrupt fuck while Sheev can handle in a crisis
>>
>>64692351
HE wasn't a corrupt fuck though, just a bureaucrat who went about things bureaucratically. He was actually sympathetic of Naboo.
>>
>>64692335
But what did he actually do to solve the naboo crisis?
>>
Dooku
>Sheev is a Sith Lord!

Anakin
>Who is Sheev?
>decapitates Dooku
>>
>>64688834
> cause sheev told Dooku the same old shtick he told all his apprentices about Darth trenebaus becoming immortal.
Dooku probably thought getting decapitated=life. It's not so far fetched when you know that crime is a stupid profession.
>>
File: 1337996994060.jpg (248 KB, 818x570) Image search: [Google]
1337996994060.jpg
248 KB, 818x570
>Sheev was space trump
>>
>>64692366
I do remember a comic coming out that established that Palpatine through Maul pretty much had dirt put onto Valorum to make him seem like a corrupt incompetent fuck before he got the ball rolling with the Naboo shit.

Also remember something about having Valorum killed sometime afterward after he started trying to dig up dirt on Sheev
>>
>>64692165

Palpatine pretended to be basically non-threatening but good-hearted during the Naboo crisis.

Near as I can figure out from the movie, the actual plan was that the invasion would succeed, and by the time communications were restored, the treaty would be signed, so basically Naboo shows up to the Senate with two black eyes and several missing teeth, but because of the treaty it's forced to claim it "fell down the space stairs".

It's obvious what really happened, but the Senate can't do anything because hey, treaty. Sheev denounces Valorum for his failure to act, someone (maybe Sheev, but more likely someone he buys off) moves for a vote of no confidence, Sheev gets swept in on a sympathy vote and becomes Chancellor.

While all of this voting is happening, the Trade Federation gets off scot-free, then they park their fleet next to another planet in another perfectly legal blockade, implicitly threatening to figuratively kill yet another hostage. Sheev greases the right palms to make sure the taxation laws are changed to suit the Trade Federation's demands -- we don't know the specifics, but the crawl certainly says they have demands re: taxes -- and so everyone gets what they want.

But instead of doing nothing, Valorum secretly (as the crawl says) sent two Jedi to force the Trade Federation to back the fuck off. Couldn't do it openly, because the Senate would just lump that shit into the debates too, and then NOTHING would get done.

Since it was secret -- which Sidious would know, being as he is a Senator and knowing Valorum never said anything about sending Jedi -- Sidious says "oh fuck, kill them and get the rest of the plan done ASAP". They can clean the hangar -- they have a whole army of droids that will do anything they say, just bust out some fucking mops. One ship carrying two Jedi disappears mysteriously and no evidence is left to implicate them.
>>
>>64691214

it was not?
>>
>>64692436
>Sheev had a lifetime best friend who he had known as a Jedi Knight, and who was now a Jedi Master
>Friend suggests checking the midichlorian levels of everyone in the senate, asking Sheev to get the ball rolling by getting tested first
>Sheev has the guy blasted to bits by CIS

He is one cold motherfucker.
>>
>>64692378

He sent 2 jedis to investigate and then sent them back, i think? No wait, chancellor valium was the one that sent the jedi. I guess Sheev just stole the credit.
>>
>>64692475
>Near as I can figure out from the movie,
kek fuck Lucas
>>
>>64692227

Bala-tik actually says it.

Han borrowed 50k from the Guavian Death Gang for this rathar job.

He also borrowed 50k from Kanjiklub for the same job.

Why do they want to collect on the investment all of a sudden? Fuck if I know, especially since the job's not even done yet but is still entirely on track to be successful. Their interference is the only reason anything goes wrong.

And why are the Guavians apparently so offended that Han also borrowed money from Kanjiklub that they'll attack him, yet still willing to politely invite Kanjiklub along for the ride and carefully time their boardings for maximum dramatic effect?

Once TFA leaves Jakku for good, it just stops making sense entirely.
>>
>>64692486
At least before Disney got the IP and rendered mostly everything old canon, There were multiple times Vader tried to plot behind his back and usurp the throne just to have Sheev come out and say you cyborg fuck I've known all along then Vader has to say he was only pretending to plotting to kill him to lure out all his enemies.
>>
>>64692684

You should read the Darth Vader comic.

Vader's doing exactly the same thing, except this time Sheev is not so omniscient: instead, Vader just has to constantly change his plans because the Empire keeps blocking him without even knowing it.

I swear it's practically turned into Death Note at this point. Death Note before L dies, to be specific.
>>
He should have told it to the kanjiklub
>>
>>64688881
>next is 3 prequels about count dooku
>>
>>64692579
He never made a DEAL with Kanjiklub.
>>
File: obi-wan-kenobi-ewan-mcgregor-1.jpg (16 KB, 503x377) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan-kenobi-ewan-mcgregor-1.jpg
16 KB, 503x377
Choose the Force. Choose a Master. Choose the Light Side. Choose the Council. Choose a fucking big lightsaber. Choose protocol droids, holoprojectors, and R2 units. Choose Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscant. Choose fixed-interest credit payments to the Hutts. Choose a Corellian freighter that did the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. Choose a Wookiee. Choose sitting in Jabba's throne room, watching mind-numbing dancers, stuffing green chubas into your mouth. Choose turning into a blue ghost at the end of it all, disappearing into thin air, nothing more than an embarrassment to the whiny kid you trained on the way to Alderaan.

Choose your destiny. Choose the Force.

But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose the Dark Side. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the high ground?
>>
>>64692579

>And why are the Guavians apparently so offended that Han also borrowed money from Kanjiklub that they'll attack him

Because it means Han has no money and was going to pit them against each other, but they found out so they joined forces to kill him.
>>
>>64692935
Wasn't this "Choose the Order" first?
>>
>>64692963

He has no money BECAUSE THE JOB'S NOT DONE YET. You'd think they'd at least wait for that, so they would have some money to fight over instead of just Han's worthless corpse.

They also each say he's failed to deliver on what he owed them before.

Why the fuck would they lend money to him again if he's so untrustworthy that they're willing to interrupt the job they've invested money in to demand repayment IMMEDIATELY?

We're never given a reason to think that the job will go south, and indeed the only reason it does is because the gangs attacked and Rey tried to space them and hit the wrong fuses. It's not like they don't know what he's hauling, either; they know the job, and aren't surprised in the least when Han says "you think hunting rathtars is cheap?" You go after him once he's offloaded the rathtars and has whatever payment he's gotten from King Prana, because until then, he's got no money to fight over and a bunch of rathtars he could throw at you.

These are some really stupid gangs.
>>
>>64693104
the hell you on about?
>>
>>64688881
literally worse than le cuck meme
>>
>>64693126

That pasta started off with Choose the Order, not Choose the Force.
>>
>>64692227
OI WONT TOO KNOW WHOI YE HAVEN'T GOTT MOI MOENEY
>>
I guess he was in shock since it's usually the apprentice that tries to kill the master. But it doesn't really make any difference, Sheev was like a father to Anakin, he would have never believed something so ridiculous at that point
>>
The name Sheev will never not be funny.
>>
>>64693485
Sheev
HAHAHAHA
>>
Ewan McGregor did a great job as Obi-Wan.
>>
>>64688931
you'll never have meaningful relationship yourself if memes cause you to have a tantrum
>>
>>64692227
I thought it was kanja club
>>
>>64688881
this is funny
>>
>>64693572
He'll do again.

Who would you like directing the upcoming Kenobi trilogy?
>>
>>64689978
He says some senators are being influenced, not that the Supreme Chancellor is the one doing it. Look at modern politics, loads of officials are bought and paid for behind the scenes, but that doesn't mean Obama is the one writing the checks.
>>
>>64693835
I'm not that much of a movie buff, I just wanted to give McGregor credit for playing a role despite nearly everything around him being total shit. I'm glad to see that I'm not argued against about it. I really just love the character of Obi-Wan and was really happy with how McGregor filled the role. Anyway, someone who's not Lucas.
Quentin Tarentino :^)
>>
>>64693977
McGregor is loved here on /tv/. He and Guiness were the best actors on Star Wars, perfect casts even.

Lucas can not direct Star Wars anymore. So seeing this would be a story about a middle-aged man on his own, I'd say Nolan would be perfect for this kind of movie.
>>
>>64688881
who started forcing this shit

fucking reddit
>>
>>64694075
>McGregor is loved here.. perfect casts even.
That's pretty fucking rad, anon. I just dropped by to see Revenant threads but I'm glad to see he is liked on /tv/, aka: where it matters. I'd honestly love a movie or show or something about the twenty years he disappeared. I don't think Obi-Wan's character could sit around completely uselessly for 20 years, there had to be something interesting there.
Nolan would be great.
>or perhaps Dooku wonders why Sheev would betray a man before creating a new apprentice.
Bravo
>>
>>64694190
>I'd honestly love a movie or show or something about the twenty years he disappeared
It's all but confirmed, it seems they are talking to McGregor, some anons posted some news this week, you might find the threads in the archive.

Don't know if they'll follow the book though, I expect they won't.
>>
>>64688834
Plebs don't realize that dooku doesn't know palpatine=sidious, neither do the rest of the CIS. In AOTC he says he believes sidious simply controls/influences the senate, he's not aware of his true identity
>>
>>64694306
Dooku knows.
>>64694270
I'm looking it up now. Thanks bro. Fuck sleep.
>>
>>64694175
me

i had friends though
>>
>>64694343
How do you know that he knows? Prove it based on eps II, III, and the clone wars series

Pro tip: you can't therefore he doesn't know
>>
>>64694306
He's trained with the guy, of course he knows. It's the CIS and the Republic that don't realize they're being controlled and played against each other by Dookie and Sheev.
>>
Zoz People still thinking there was any sense in Lucas' writing and not just making it from one page/scene to the next.
My shit after eating alphabet soup makes more sense.
>>
>>64694499
He literally says in episode 2 that the Republic is led by a Sith Lord.
>>
>>64688881
Haha, remember that original Dooku thread where this was funny? Yeah, so do I.
>>
>>64694499
In the Episode 3 novelization (that Lucas helped work on and approved of) has a segment in which Dooku reflects on his and Sidious' plans and schemes up until the battle above Coruscant, and the end of that chapter has him look at a "captured" Palpatine, calling him "master". Even if that book itself is not canon it's safe to assume that Dooku knows given the fact that Lucas wouldn't have approved it in the first place if it wasn't true.
>>
>>64694585
Wrong, he says "hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a dark lord of the sith" not "the chancellor is a dark lord of the sith". Chancellors don't control senates any more than presidents do.

There's no evidence that dooku was anything more than a tool. Do you think sidious told maul he was a senator? Sheev gained nothing from telling either senator his true identity
>>
>>64690780
>so was Maul but I learned yesterday apparently Maul never knew his identity

Nice blog anon, thanks for posting it I really enjoyed it.
>>
What's so compelling about Dooku? I think he was very lame (no matter the legendary actor behind it) and never made any meaningful impact on me.
>>
>>64695120
They needed someone to replace Darth Maul when they should have just had Darth Maul the whole time.
>>
>>64692225
kek underrated
>>
>>64695120
>beat 3 of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy one after the other
>>
>>64695188
He runs away from Yoda. Yoda would have shrekt him if he didn't have to save the dumb faggots he was trying to crush to death.
>>
>>64695120

He nevar had much screen time and had the misfortune of being introduced at the very end of the worst prequel and killed off at the very beginning of the best one.
>>
>>64694387
Uhh, you don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>64695219
All 'The Dook' had to do was escape and he did
#winning
#cuckingjedi
>>
>>64688834
Have you ever played "mafia"?

As a mafia, you win no matter if you are alive or not as long as your team survive in the end.
Using one of your own as a decoy of making sure that the rest think that you are a hero is a common tactic. Basically Dooku and Sheev wanted for Sith to rule and Dooku sacfiriced himself.
>>
File: Guaca.jpg (55 KB, 659x371) Image search: [Google]
Guaca.jpg
55 KB, 659x371
>>64692420
>Valorum is space jeb
>>
>>64689021
Jesus
Based Dooku actually tells Obi-Wan the truth.
>>
File: asasd.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
asasd.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>>64692225
>>
>>64692225
>>64688881
I can't believe through all the shitposting and trying to make this a hot meme, no one has made a video yet
>>
>>64692475

This actually makes sense.
>>
>>64690727
Underrated
>>
>>64688834
because it would be treason then
>>
>>64693106
I figured he went to both gangs and borrowed money, saying to each he needed the 50. Thus, if he only needed 50 in total to do the job, he could pocket the other 50 when done.

It still doesn't make a lot of sense,
>>
>>64694668
do you need to be spoonfed you retard
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.