[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most disappointing part of TFA was going on a fucking BOMBING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Ywing.jpg (96 KB, 1003x760) Image search: [Google]
Ywing.jpg
96 KB, 1003x760
The most disappointing part of TFA was going on a fucking BOMBING run and they didn't use Y-Wings
>>
>>64688472
I've just been posting about this

I love you anon
>>
>>64688472
Look at how sturdy that motherfucker is

How can imperials even compete?
>>
File: tJZqfFP.png (1 MB, 1500x979) Image search: [Google]
tJZqfFP.png
1 MB, 1500x979
what do Y-wings have to do with BOMBING, they're Starfighters friend
>>
>>64688472

They looked like really old, ratty models (like B-52s) back in ANH, so I would think they just retired them.
>>
File: TIE interceptor.jpg (149 KB, 1020x735) Image search: [Google]
TIE interceptor.jpg
149 KB, 1020x735
>>64688472
>general (or whatever his rank was) takes pride in his men being the best of the best, and how they get the best equipment
>only has basic TIE fighters
>>
>>64688472
This was brought up day 1.

It's obvious JJ played everything safe in his movie. He stuffed TFA with the iconic X-wings, and didn't bother taking a risk on any other ship.

Movie was fucking pathetic. Underwhelming. Unimaginative. Low Risk. Disney.

Movie was more marvel than star wars.
>>
>>64688535
Except they fire photon torpedoes don't they
>>
>>64688535
You're not entirely wrong. Only half wrong.

>The BTL Y-wing starfighter was a fighter-bomber built by Koensayr Manufacturing.
>>
Aw man, now I just want to play Rogue Squadron again.
>>
>>64688535
nigga, didn't you ever play rouge squadron?shhhiiiieeet
>>
>complaining that tech that were already dinosaurs and had half of their old design cannabilized by the time of the Empire didn't show up 30 years later.
I'd rather they make new designs next movie.
>>
>>64688472
Of course not anon. The only fighters that exist are the X-Wing and basic TIEs!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-01-28-54.png (515 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-01-28-54.png
515 KB, 1440x2560
>>64688613
Proton*

Also here. Total fighter-bomber

To be fair, looks to me like the 2 seater x wing has some updated weaponry. I still think they should have cameoed this old beast
>>
>>64688572
They're not tho.
>>
File: 1452040503852.jpg (764 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1452040503852.jpg
764 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>64690165
Kind of the point I was making.
>>
While we're on this subject, how advanced is the M. Falcon? Shouldn't that thing be outdated by the time of TFA?
>>
>wanting slow shitters
A-wings or GTFO
>>
>>64691087
It was already considered a bucket of bolts in the original trilogy.
>>
>>64688472

I study the star wars cross sections and technical manuals like bibles*

A couple of things...

The republic is no longer in a state of war, and there is not am active conflict with the new order. Whatever weapons they have are not available.
The resistance are more like special forces. They have access to a small number of fighters, in particular the T-70 Xwing is basically their top of the line multirole fighter.

Fast, shielded, heavy weapons.

Adding y wings (if they had them) would force the attack to be as slow as the y wings= less chance of success.

B-wings are actually the replacement of y-wings for the the heavy fighter/bomber role...and considering they retro-fit them to be toop carriers, it would make more sense to use them (if they had them).

Futhermore.

Ywings were old during ANH and we're stripped down to make them faster/carry more.
You don't see cold war Era equipment around nowadays do you?

The T-70 xwings are actually painted and equipped with stealth technology (anti-sensor).
Very much like today's f35 are replacements for f22s.

I suspect only t-70s were used due to the stealth hit and run requirement of the mission.

Adding Y-wings or B-wing (if they even had them) would have removed the element if surprise.
>>
>>64691374
>You don't see cold war Era equipment around nowadays do you?
Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>64688472
Star Wars weaponry is weaker than real life weaponry
>fighters have to point their nose at the target for air to air combat.
>the F22 and F35 can lock a target 360 degrees
>Gun turrets have to manually aimed on the Millennium falcon
>Shipboard CIWS is aimed by radar and automatically fires at threats
>guides bombs don't exist in star wars so they have to strafe.
>>
>>64688472
Yeah, I'm not one of these prequelposters, but the prequels win by a million miles when it comes to ship design. Abrams didn't even use most of the -existing- designs, let alone coming up with new ones.
>>
>>64691374

>you don't see cold war Era equipment around nowadays do you?

We do actually, like all the fucking time. Like, in every single country on the planet.

You realize everything you said is just a lame ass excuse for the design team to be lazy and only redesign one fighter without changing or adding any other new ones, right?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.