[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A patrician's opinon of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 6.jpg (89 KB, 800x823) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
89 KB, 800x823
The following movies to receive general distribution in the US will remain relevant for more than a year.

>Mad Max
>The Revenant
>Sicario
>Hateful Eight (but only because there are tarantino fanboys)

That's it. Nothing else will be remembered. Not Marvel's star wars. Not the Jurassic calculated reboot.

Nothing else mattered.
>>
>>64686865
what about bridge of spies or the martian?
>>
>>64687008
Considered adding them but they simply seem good because they're essentially the only original large budget films that exist from this year and weren't complete garbage.

Both will simply be remembered as one of the last few movies from aging entertainment directors.
>>
>>64686865
>The Revenant

One of the best movies I've seen in awhile. People on /tv/ who say it was slow, are most likely people who enjoy fast pace crappy movies like transformers...
>>
>>64686865
>no "the lobster"
get out pleb
>>
>a pseudo-patrician's opinion on pleb garbage
That's what you meant, OP
>>
>>64688735
This
>>
>>64686865
But how can you say that when Ant-Man will continue to appear in many Marvel movies to come?
>>
>>64688389
yes transformers or mad max
>>
>>64686865

Star Wars is poised to become the highest grossest movie of all time, you can't ignore the importance of that even if you don't like it.
>>
>>64689248
Is avatar still relevant? Hitting the top of the list doesn't mean a movie will have lasting relevance.
>>
>>64689292

Avatar was just one movie. Star Wars is already famous, and has been for decades. Look how famous the prequels are, and they aren't even good. The new movie is already much more popular than the prequels ever were.
>>
>>64686865
I absolutely agree with your sentiment. It's amazing how 'big' the films have been this year, though absolutely none of them, especially Jurassic World and Star Wars have any staying power. Bland, sterile and worst of all, safe pieces of shit.
>>
>>64689412
Yeah, I mean, relevance is pretty fickle. I'm just saying that being a high-grossing film isn't a free ticket to lasting relevance.

It wasn't a very original or creative movie, especially when compared to its predecessors, and I'm going to guess that there wasn't much in the movie which will stay in people's minds for very long. I mean, by default it will stay relevant in the sense that people won't forget it: it's the first in a trilogy, and it IS a star wars movie. But what else does it offer to make people remember it? Just because people remember a movie doesn't mean it'll be relevant.
>>
>>64689763

whatever your criticisms are, they aren't the common opinion. TFA has received widespread acclaim from audiences and critics. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean that it won't become famous and culturally important.
>>
>>64689961
something can be critically acclaimed but still forgotten, you know

the other Star Wars were iconic because they had something unique in them people remembered

what aspects of TFA will people remember? nothing was unique
>>
>>64689961
>>64689961
The honeymoon phase is almost over. I can't wait for you niggers to go back to Reddit where you can spout epin memes about how TFA is a legitimately good movie.
>>
File: leviathan.jpg (369 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
leviathan.jpg
369 KB, 1920x800
>>64686865
>not mentioning the best film of the year
>>
>>64690108
>2014
>>
>>64690108
what movie is that? sorry if im a pleb
>>
>>64690130
>Cannes is year of release
it was released in 2015 buddy
>>64690146
filename
>>
>>64686865
You for got Birdman and Whiplash. Both excellent and very rewatchable movies.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.