[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they replace the best intro on television with a crappy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: the-leftovers-01[1].jpg (88 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers-01[1].jpg
88 KB, 612x380
Why did they replace the best intro on television with a crappy country music video?
>>
>>64685109
>not letting the mystery be
>>
>>64685109
Yeah, changing the intro was the only terrible decision in season 2 though.
>>
>>64685109

While it's a bit on-the-nose, that song and those titles are infinitely more bearable than the insufferably self-important sequence S1 had.
>>
>>64686811
agreed.

I honestly thought season one was better but both seasons were really good. I think they needed 2-3 episodes at the start of the season before going to miracle it would have been better.

Also I really hope they return to the town from season one in season three. I wanna see the characters they left behind in season two again
>>
i thought that at first too but I was pleasantly surprised at how it grew on me
>>
>>64687885
>>64687805
No fucking way.

The season one intro gave me chills and some times i'd skip it cause it just made me feel uncomfortable. Specifically the frame of the dad with the son floating away made me feel things man. It's haunting. Great intro. If they don't have a different intro every season I'm gonna be annoyed.
>>
>>64688208
opps, wanst meant to reply to this >>64687885
I agree with that f a m
>>
season 1's intro looked so fucking bad
>>
>>64688208
>The season one intro gave me chills

That was the thing for me. It was trying so goddamn hard to be big and sweeping and epic, it ended up being ridiculous in this campy way.
>>
>>64686811
The racemixing propaganda was pretty shitty too although that was really just a continuation of season 1
>>
>>64685109
i liked both. 1 intro suggests a biblical occurrence. 2 suggests something possibly extraterrestrial. can't wait to see what they do with 3.
>>
>>64685109
Damon Lindelof is extremely insecure, probably mostly because he was hurt by all the backlash from Lost, so he's started listening to fans a little bit too much and he let their bullshit cloud his judgment. Probably the same reason why the S2 finale sucked, because he felt he had an obligation to his audience to make a standard season finale.
>>
>>64688046
Me too. By the third episode I was singing along with it.
>>
>>64688453
S2's finale didn't suck but the return of the stupid limbo hotel and him surviving a gun shot like that was so stupid. Even if the Karaoke scene was fantastic
>>
>>64688450
I get the feeling they wont change it in the third season tho which will lose the effect. They should've stuck with s1's or change it every season for it to remain effective.
>>
>>64688499
Would have been cool if Kevin actually died in the finale, like he put on the Mapleton Sheriff jacket and had to stay in the hotel. But having him go there and come back again cheapened it. The whole GR marching into Jarden sequence also felt like a popcorn fart after all the buildup from the previous episode. And Matt's wife randomly coming back also lost its impact because it was dropped in the middle of the episode and nothing really came of it except one audience pleasing heartwarming scene to reassure us Matt isn't a rapist. And Nora's baby getting stolen was kind of a weak tossed-in subplot. Everything fell flat except maybe John Murphy's character development.
>>
>>64688370
I really liked the contrast between the sweeping and haunting epicness of the intro to the subtle and downplayed nature of the show itself.
>>
>>64685109
I liked the season 2 intro itself, but it felt weird as a replacement to the season 1 intro because there was absolutely no consistency between the two. Otherwise it feels like the same show, but the entire aesthetic of the intro changed, which was off-putting.
>>
>>64688657
Only thing I disagree with is the GR taking over Miracle. Thought that worked really well and way better than if they had blown up the bridge or some shit.

I didn't like how all the hippies just started trashing the place for no reason. Their meant to love this place and it was clearly thrown in to make the final scene feel more epic. I should have just been a weird rave party in the town center.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.