[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oscar Isaac in a remake of Scarface when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: o-OSCAR-ISAAC-900.jpg (85 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
o-OSCAR-ISAAC-900.jpg
85 KB, 900x600
Oscar Isaac in a remake of Scarface when?
>>
>>64681417
Why remake something that's already perfect?
>>
You mean a second remake?
>>
>>64681432
While I admire the Paul Muni classic and do agree it's perfect, I think it's a tale that every generation can retell, since it's a timeless story.

>>64681471
Yes.
>>
It would be better than a fucking Italian-American playing a Cuban character

Pacino didn't even know how to speak Spanish
>>
All I could think about while watching A Most Violent Year was how much he looked like a young Pacino.
>>
>>64681536
Scarface is going to be Mexican. Oscar Issac is from Guatemala.

It'll be about Mexican drug cartels in California.
>>
Good actor, but can he really pull off a memorable Tony Montana? Say what you want about his accent, but Pacino made a great drug lord.
>>
>>64681536
you do know he also played in carlitos way and serpico as a puerto rican
>>
>>64681558
That was him doing Michael Corleone- cool calm and subtle, even the voice was similar. But I think Oscar Isaac would be capable of a more operatic, Brechtian, theatrical style of acting like a Paul Muni- one of the greatest silent film actors- or Pacino, he's an old method guy from the theatre and played Tony Montana like a silent film star would- the correct way to do it.

It has to be big.
>>
>>64681582
i thought they were doing a dominican character this time
>>
>>64681614
It'll be a Mexican character with a different last name. Probably Tony Gonzalez or something.

Tony, in every incarnation of Scarface, has a very thick accent. They have to maintain that.
>>
>>64681625
Yes, I know

He was the only one there who couldn't speak Spanish

The best cast there was based Viggo, he speaks Spanish like a native
>>
>>64681660
That'd be smart with all the black fans of the 1980s Brian De Palma remake but they couldn't sell it overseeas with a black main character. It has to be a white/brown guy.

Also, Scarface always has to be played by a movie star- not an unknown.
>>
>>64681686
Guess what, Paul Muni couldn't speak Italian, this nigga was from Austria-Hungary. And in 85 years of Scarface nobody has given a shit.

Scarface isn't about verisimilitude, it's about an operatic larger than life persona.
>>
File: Paul Muni Scarface.png (375 KB, 817x614) Image search: [Google]
Paul Muni Scarface.png
375 KB, 817x614
One thing I hope they bring back is the X-Motif from the original. Scorsese used it in The Departed. Tony's scar should be shaped like an X.
>>
>>64681519

It's a timeless story and a perfect movie by your definition, why do you want a remake?

It would end up being forgettable.
>>
couldnt they make scarface any kind of immigrant just so long as hes a criminal like say a russian or some other eastern european. id pay money to see a slav scarface
>>
>>64681519
you're one of those fucking wanna be nerd who wants remakes of classic movies to see them and join the hype even tho you've never seen the original
>>
>>64681894
Tradition says he always has to be a latin immigrant.

>>64681871
Because the first time it was remade it was good, and started the tradition.

If we're going to do remakes let's honor classic Hollywood traditions and do it right.

Remakes can be great. The 1980s remake of Scarface is one of the best ever. The 1980s remake of The Thing is great- the reason is they were doing with an auteurist approach.
>>
>>64681957
I'm not a wanna-be nerd. And of course I've seen the original, it's fucking great. You should watch it. It's only 90 minutes long. One of Howard Hawk's most unusal pictures.
>>
>>64681417
I'd watch it, he looked thug af in the chivas commercial
>>
>>64681963
fuck tradition mang i want a sergei montana in a track suit squatting on a big desk snorting a hill of cocaine. "ayy boris say ello to my little buddy"
>>
>>64682040
It's not the 1980s anymore, the biggest gangsters affecting the US and Mexican drug cartels and Mexican human traffickers.
>>
>>64681963

In your opinion, what is the most recent, good remake?
>>
>>64682128
True Grit. inb4 "oh it wasn't a remake it was the new adaptation of the book!" that shit is pedantic.

They improved on a lot of aspects of the original- some parts of the original were still better.

Also, Maniac.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.