[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Lucas even bother giving Sheev a lightsaber? He always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: BrOQi3p.jpg (136 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
BrOQi3p.jpg
136 KB, 1920x816
Why did Lucas even bother giving Sheev a lightsaber? He always seemed to be above such tools when this nigga could just shoot lightning.
>>
You've just been...
THUNDAH STRUCK
>>
File: 1451260824065.jpg (35 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1451260824065.jpg
35 KB, 500x282
>>64680267
When will this Sheev and Yoda shouldn't use lightsabers meme end?
>>
>>64680267
I wish they had done the same to Yoda, i admit watching him with a lightsaber was a little ridiculous to me,it makes more sense that he would use the force as his weapon against Sidious and Dooku.
>>
>Sheev just force chokes the jedi with Dindu straight away

Would have shown that he was so much more powerful than the Jedi.
>>
>>64680387
Never because it's true. They're the space wizards and the Jedi are the noble knights in shining armour. Making them fight like the rest of the peasant scum was a dumb decision
>>
Someone post the gif/webm of Sheev spinning and his lightsaber taking up the whole screen, anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
Wouldn't this scene have been so much better if Palpatine just stood up and used the force instead of pulling out a lightsaber? Like imagine if Sheev had made a force implosion in the center of the room and the Jedi were all flung against the walls or something. And you can see even Mace struggling against the sheer power that Sheev has in his domination of the force. Wouldn't that be better than yet another lightsaber fight?
>>
>>64680609
Of course it would. Lucas fucking sucks
>>
>>64680557
Its like giving Merlin a sword and shield when he should find those things completely useless, because they have fucking magic
>>
Should've controlled the lightsaber via the force. Just floating and slashing all telekinetically. You'd get the laser swords but still demonstrate next-level force mastery
>>
>>64680557

Agreed. How fantastic would it have been if when those 3 masters came to arrest Sheev he just waived his hand and all of their necks snapped?
>>
File: 1449156838656.jpg (81 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1449156838656.jpg
81 KB, 456x386
>>64680409
The force isn't a fucking weapon to the Jedi you casual
>>64680472
>>64680609
He wasn't supposed to be much stronger than Dindu
>>64680557
>Le Jedi are wizards meme
Fuck off you nothing about the force or Star Wars.
>>
>>64680387
Giving Yoda a tiny lightsaber was the most meme thing imaginable, like something a five year old would write
>>
>>64680267
Also going from "Sheev casted lightning on Luke in Episode VI" to "Sheev has the cast lightning ability for decades and is his primary force attack, costs 12 mana to cast" is incredibly unimaginative
>>
I hated how the jedi aside from windu just died from getting slashed, why not kill them in a unique ways to show off his powers.
>>
>>64681004

because he's a sithlord, not a magician to entertain you?

I understand people equate the force to magic but magic has a much deeper scope in terms of what it can be used for..

The Force even if you add Swtor shit is still very limited in comparison
>>
File: 1441983969648.gif (451 KB, 392x410) Image search: [Google]
1441983969648.gif
451 KB, 392x410
>>64680609
>>64680734
>>64680739
Fuck off with your fanfiction tier shit sheevekiddies
>>64680726
No it fucking isn't. Merlin wasn't a knight who evolved into a wizard. Besides the GOAT wizard Gandalf used a sword all the damn time.
>>64680832
This entire thread proves just how stupid and pathetic this board is. None of you fags care about Star Wars at all. All you stupid pieces of shit care for are le dank memes and BBC.
>>
>>64681070
This despite what you memelords may think the force never was and never will be magic.
>>
>>64681148
>>64681070
Just because it got turned into a video game power system after the OT doesn't mean it was all the force could be, now that based JJ rebooted the series disregarding the prequels we can have a much more mystical and dynamic Force
>>
>>64681094
Except until the Prequels both Sheev and Yoda were presented both as above using light sabers and both didn't think too highly of them.

> None of you fags care about Star Wars at all.

Hahahah I think I'll live Jojo fag
>>
File: 1443271990579.jpg (16 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
1443271990579.jpg
16 KB, 600x781
>>64681534
No they weren't. They didn't have the tech of know how to make a puppet fight with a lightsaber. Sheev is a sith one who uses the force for attack and wields it as a weapon. Why would he wield his lightsaber against a young fool who had no idea how to wield one.
>>64681285
>waaaahhhhhh I hate the prequels and love tiny jewish cock wahhhhh
>>
>>64681678
What are you arguing. That they regarded the light saber as anything more than a sword? Because Yoda certainly didn't train Luke with the fucking thing, and Sheev very openly mocks the Jedi weapon.

Thats why its stupid they fucking use them later. Its fucking stupid. Who wanted to see Yoda jump around like an anime cartoon character with a sword??
>>
Watching this >>64681678 fanboy get buttblasted is fun as hell.

TFA was good. Sheev and Yoda should have never used lightsabers, looked like something out of a cartoon. The prequels were bad.
>>
>>64681814
>and Sheev very openly mocks the Jedi weapon.

This, people forget about this
>>
>>64680557
Dude, where the hell do they establish this?
>>
Yoda fighting was one of the only worthwhile surprises in the prequelogy.
>>
>>64681814
Didn't have enough time obviously. Luke needed to learn the force first.
>>64681817
>tfa was good
I can't stop laughing
>>64681899
He's a hypocritical lying piece of shit what do you expect?
>>
Kasdan: The Force was available to anyone who could hook into it?

Lucas: Yes, everybody can do it.

Kasdan: Not just the Jedi?

Lucas: It’s just the Jedi who take the time to do it.

Marquand: They use it as a technique.

Lucas: Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.

Kasdan: A Jedi Master is a Jedi isn’t he?

Lucas: Well, he is a teacher, not a real Jedi. Understand that?

Kasdan: I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t believe it; I am in shock.

Lucas: It’s true, absolutely true, not that it makes any difference to the story.

Kasdan: You mean he wouldn’t be any good in a fight?

Lucas: Not with Darth Vader he wouldn’t.

Kasdan: I accept it, but I don’t like it.
>>
>>64680557
>Sheev literally mocks Luke for using a jedi's weapon
>Yoda is a jedi
https://youtu.be/ZuPe-ly0BHM?t=97
>>
>>64681899
>Take your Jedi weapon...
>It was green
>therefore it was a Jedi weapon
>Vaders was red
>therefore it wasn't a Jedi weapon
>it was a sith weapon
>>
>>64682022
When I saw AotC in theaters, when Yoda pulled out his light sabers a bunch of frat boys yelled "AWWWWW YEAHH" and started hollaring and I laughed at how ridiculous it all was
>>
>>64682056
>I accept it but I don't like it.
Sums up the prequels quite nicely.
>>
>>64682024
TFA was a 7.5/10. I saw it 3 times.
>he's desperately defending Sheev and Yoda jumping around like his anime warriors
No anon, I can't stop laughing
>>
File: tumblr_nk7f7u0CpR1tiwa1fo1_1280.jpg (187 KB, 1096x1022) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk7f7u0CpR1tiwa1fo1_1280.jpg
187 KB, 1096x1022
Why did he even bother with shoulderpads?

spinning aerodynamics
>>
>>64682076
>Vader was a jedi
>Luke was a jedi
>Sheev wasn't a jedi
>Lucas described Vader as a dark jedi in OT era
>"take your jedi weapon"
the delusion is real
>>
>>64682056
Lucas made some mistakes and this interview is one of them
>>64682191
>Vader wasn't a sith lord
The only delusional one is you.
>>
sheev having a disdain for lightsabers doesn't mean he never uses one

it's very sheev-like for him to kill you with a weapon he doesn't even use often and disdains just to show you how much more powerful he is over you
>>
>>64682024
When has Sheev ever shown to be hypocritical? Do you think that Empire at all alluded to Yoda training Luke with the light saber or are you assuming that because if the prequels?
>>
>>64681899
When did he? I can't remember.
>>
>>64682288
Speculation, he seemed very content in the OT to let Vadar handle heavy lifting and when push came to shove he didn't sheev spin at luke but instead electrocuted him with his force energy. I mean thats more Sheev like, to use powers to prolong someone's death than to use a fucking light saber to duel them what the fuck.

He looks so goddamn stupid dressed as the emperor swinging a light saber around fighting a jumping tiny Yoda. Its fucking Tex Avery
>>
>>64682437
End of Jedi
>>
>>64682281
>I-it was a mistake!! Yoda was supposed to be an extremely agile ninja! Then degrade into a hobbling hermit over the next 30 years.

Vader was a Sith lord. But the Sith are never mentioned in the OT. Vader is just considered a dark jedi at the time, the PT made everyone use lightsabers and have spinny dance fights.
>>
>>64682187
Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>64681899
Sheev was the unquestioned emperor for 20+ years at the time of RoTJ. No one in the galaxy rivaled him in both Political and literal power. I don't expect him to still bother with lightsabers since he's got his Galactic Empire and Vader to do the heavy work for him. And if it still comes down to it, he can use Force Lightning.

It's the same reason I don't expect multimillionaires to do their own laundry once they've made it big. I'm sure they know how, but they've got other people to do that shit for them.
>>
>>64682936
He probably had one still but why use it on fucking luke when all he had to do was shock his ass.
>>
File: 1452218677679.jpg (184 KB, 900x452) Image search: [Google]
1452218677679.jpg
184 KB, 900x452
>sheev literally calls lighrsabers the tool of the jedi and shits on it
>uses one
LOL
>>
>>64681094
*parp*
>>
>>64683131
not interesting.
>>
>>64682187
I will do... whatever you ask.
>>
>>64683942
Goooooooooooooooood
>>
> >Sheev shoots Mace with lightning
>Mace deflects it

WOW SHOULD HE HAVE A LIGHTSABER TO DEFEND HIMSELF IN THIS SITUATION HUH YOU GUYS WOULD IT MAKE SENSE THAT THIS SITH LORD OBSESSED WITH KILLING JEDI KNOW THE INS AND OUTS OF JEDI FIGHTING TECHNIQUES HUH GEE THIS LIGHTSABER CRYSTALS ARE APPARENTLY LIKE TIES TO THE FORCE OR SOMETHING THATS WEIRD BUT WELL WHATEVER THE JEDI CLAIMED THEM FIRST SO THAT MEANS THAT SITH CANT USE THE GLOWLY STICKS AWWW TOO BAD BUT FIRSTIES ARE FIRSTIES

YOU KNOW YODA WAS A REAL FUCKING IDIOT INSTEAD OF SAYING "DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE EMPERORS POWERS" HE SHOULDA SAID "HEY LUKE WHATEVER YOU DONT THROW YOUR LIGHTSABER ON THE GROUND BECAUSE LIGHTSABERS DEFLECT A SITH LORDS ONE MANNER OF ATTACK, IN FACT I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO CALL IT A JEDIS WEAPON SINCE IT IS SO EFFECTIVE FOR A PEACELOVING DEFENSE AND KNOWLEDGE JEDI TO DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST A LIGHTNING THROWING SITH LORD SINCE APPARENTLY WE ARE PRETTY IMMUNE TO FORCE CHOKES I GUESS PLUS FROM A MORE CIVILIZED AGE THESE WEAPONS ARE BEING HMMMM"
>>
>>64680267
Nothing was wrong with him having a lightsaber as a Sith Lord has to be a little of everything, there are only two, no room to specialize, Yoda shouldn't have been a fighter though.

I think that scene would have been much better if Sheev had his lines from the book, did a saber throw instead of a spin to kill one, then leaped to grab his blade and stab another before they could react. He then could have knocked back Windu with a push and killed Kit, followed by some Sheevy dialogue about how long he has waited to kill Windu.

He was on the defense against Windu the whole time as he should have been because the point of that encounter for him was to create a crisis for Anakin to react to, if Anakin arrived and it was just him and 4 dead Jedi masters Anakin might have just attacked Sheev.

The Yoda v. Sheev battle should have been almost all force though, I would have loved to watch Yoda, having never lifted a blade in the movie, block Sheev's blade with his cane and then disarm him as they rose into the senate chamber. It would have said so much seeing Yoda forsake the blade and still be able to defend himself with a simple cane of wood.

But nah, more glowsticks = better movie for fanboys.
>>
If Dark side is so unnatural and gay, how come dark side users are more powerful? Why do midichlorians support assholes?
Seven fucking movies and its still absolutely unexplained what exactly makes dark side bad, other than the fact that it gives you potentially amazing and helpful abilities like ressurrection
>>
>>64684185
the point is to be as emotionally unnattatched as possible, who would you rather have a fucking nuke, an emotional angsty teenage boy or a fucking monk, its not rocket science why the jedi try to sever themselves from reasons to make bad decisions
>>
>>64684185
The Sith don't give dental, but the Jedi Order does.
>>
heev was making fun of the Jedi you idiot

He calls it a Jedi weapon but then proceeds to shit all over trained Jedi masters with it before blasting them with lightning, which Jedi dont have at all.

Hes showing that the Sith are better than them at their own shit and shit theyve never heard of before. By the OT time, the Jedi are dead so he has no reason to use them anymore

Dont ever doubt based Sheev
>>
>>64684185
The dark side is basically atheism, materialism and moral relativism. The idea is that dark side users tend to draw on the power of the force to further their own goals and ignored the will of the force. To Sheev, the force was a means to an end.

Lightsiders tended to regard the force as having a will of its own, they're theists, spiritualists and moral absolutists. There is a will of the force and to disobey it is to invite destruction. To Yoda, the force was an end in itself.

Lucas intentionally doesn't make it clear which philosophy is correct. For example, the spontaneous generation of the chosen one is either Sith manipulation generating life, or the will of the force reacting in opposition to the Sith manipulation of the force. In old EU's Darth Plagueis book, Sheev and Plaguey both don't know the clear answer to what caused the chosen one to emerge other than it was related to what they had done.
>>
>>64684159
Didn't Sheev lose his saber during the Windu fight? I distinctly recall it getting knocked into the abyss of the city.

Also I watched HAL9000's re-edits of the prequels and so many of the issues are fixed. They actually became great movies.
>>
>>64684397
Yes but he has another one as shown when he had the fight with Yoda
>>
Sheev wielding a saber and fighting/spinning around like everyone else came off as both anticlimactic and strange.

Sheev seemed to be above 'jedi weapons' in the OT, and unlike Vader he was never a Jedi and therefore had no reason to use a saber. It makes sense for Vader to use a 'dark' Jedi weapon, but Sheev? That just seemed forced.
>>
More sheev crazynisess
http://instasync.com/r/HighGround
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH
>>
>>64684831
Yeah I hated that.
>>
>>64684288
This was mentioned by Plagueis in that Palpatine novel that a master of the dark side would have no need for lightsabers, but that the Sith continue to use them to mock the Jedi.
>>
>mace windu
>gets thrown out of a window

Holy fuck my sides
>>
File: 29581298.png (333 KB, 491x801) Image search: [Google]
29581298.png
333 KB, 491x801
>>64682065

>Sheev was wearing loafers when Luke & Vader showed up
>>
I liked the idea of Siths not even bothering with Lightsabers and Vader just had one because he was taught to use it, and was nostalgic for it.

But I guess all those shitty video games would have been a lot more boring if only Jedis and sabers, and sith were just space wizards.
>>
>>64680303

NO NO NOO

THUNDASTRUUCCKK
>>
>>64680387
Never, unlike the "the prequels are good" meme, which will die on within a generation.
>>
>>64681094
>buttmad prequel nigger detected
>>
>>64680267
His Lightsaber was golden, was good enough to show his as high and mighty
>>
>>64684397
>HAL9000
Are these the anti-cheese edits on YouTube or are you referring to something else?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.