[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good lines from bad films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1280x544
>So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.
>>
>>64680010

>good lines
>good
>>
>Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA
>>
ITT: Bad lines with 'good' in them

>He was a good friend
>>
>>64680129
>implying bad
>>
>>64680010

Ep 3 could have been so good if George didn't direct.
>>
<3
>>
wasn't she directly responsible for sheev's ascendance
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSN9Hc0Y_2U

>Anonkin, you're breaking my heart

Such emotion.
>>
>>64680010

>You're breaking my heart

I am just gonna copy what I said in my thread hours ago:

Was that the best delivered line in the whole Star Wars prequels? Yeah I do get that there is a lot of ones that are cool and others that are meme lines, but I am talking about delivered. Padme just didn't know what else to say, her whole word was shattered, Natalie Portman said the line with a unique tone of desperation, it's truly amazing.

I got teared up a bit with that scene just because of that line, being quite honestly here family.
>>
>>64680255
Oh man she's acting the shit out of it
>>
>>64680284
>proposed the vote of no confidence
>left jar jar in charge of her seat so he could propose the emergency powers
pretty much
>>
File: mfw.jpg (162 KB, 961x720) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
162 KB, 961x720
>>64680010
>The "Episode III is bad" meme
>>
>>64680010
>ROTS
>bad

pick one
>>
>>64680345

to be quite honest family UNLIMITED POWER was the best line in the prequels and the delivery is actually, and I'm not memeing here, actually fucking excellent for what must be one of the worst lines ever written
>>
>Tell that to Kanjiklub!
>>
I don't even get what this was a reference to.

Was it Iraq?

I know Lucas put that dumb Saddam Hussein reference in the special edition of Jedi. And Anakin spouts if you're not with me you're my enemy (George Bush refetencr). Was this another topical political meme?
>>
File: hlle1356740636355.jpg (112 KB, 617x456) Image search: [Google]
hlle1356740636355.jpg
112 KB, 617x456
>>64680447
>The "Prequels are good" meme
>>
>>64680010
That's not a good line.
>>64680345
And that one is straight up laughable. I think I did actually laugh the first time I saw that scene.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>64680626
edgy kid detected
>>
>>64680447
i just watched all 3 prequels, and 3 had the weirdest fuckin dialogue, every lightsaber fight had atrocious lines and the story goes by way too fast, it feels like a few weeks happen but there is 0 indication of time. especially padme's pregnancy. 2 was very forgetable. and 1 was good apart from fucking jake lloyd, horrible fucking actor, horrible character with horrible lines.

3 and 2 are bad, 1 was ok.
>>
>>64680492

Oh yeah, a less actor would have fucked up that line beyond repair
>>
>>64680693
>edgy
You're breaking my heeeaaaarrrrt anon
>>
>>64680713
The prequels are like the opening scene of TDKR diluted over 3 movies
>>
File: Street-Fighter-1994.jpg (21 KB, 215x322) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-1994.jpg
21 KB, 215x322
>>64680010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8
>>
>>64680590
Only 3 is good
>>
What's the best line in TFA?

And no traitor or kanjiclub shit.
>>
>>64680854
Move, ball.
>>
>>64680766
kek. that's not too bad of an analogy, but they're too mediocre and not oustandingly bad to the point it becomes funny.
they're just okay action movies, the politics part is actually entertaining, i don't know why people use it to bash the prequels, it's the part that george lucas got right.
>>
>>64680874
No it wasn't. The politics were laughably childish and simplistic, only unlike the exploding spaceship stuff which is also childish, they weren't entertaining.
>>
>>64680874
>not oustandingly bad to the point it becomes funny

Some aspects certainly are, hence the numerous memes
>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick
>I hate sand, it's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere
>Are you threatening me master jedi?
>It's treason then ROARGAHRGAHRGAHRGHAG
>From my point of view the jedi are evil
>It's over Anakin I have the high ground

I agree with your post, yet somehow I still like them quite a lot
>>
>>64680996
yeah i mean compared to the fucking plane scene in tdk. and i enjoyed watching them, i don't see them as good movies, and there are times where my sister and i laughed at the shitty lines and sheev obviously. the story as a whole isn't even bad, it's just george lucas' autistic writing
>>
>>64680284

She and JarJar.
>>
>>64680967
If Lucas put in enough detail to fully flesh out the politics of the situation, the movies would have been too boring.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.