[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So according to the leaked Sony emails we're getting a Zorro/Django
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: djangozorro1.jpg (74 KB, 540x758) Image search: [Google]
djangozorro1.jpg
74 KB, 540x758
So according to the leaked Sony emails we're getting a Zorro/Django crossover movie from the Tarantino comic books. Who should play Zorro?

It's about the original Zorro - Don Diego de la Vega - when he's about 70 teaming up with Django.

So what ~70 year old latino actor could play him? You can't cast Antonio Banderas 1. He's too young and 2. He didn't play Don Diego De La Vega- Antonio Banderas did.
>>
Ha ha ha

Mighty Negro and Latino taking down evil Whitey

How can people watch this shit?
>>
I'd cast Antonio Banderas and Danny Glover and call it Fajita Weapon 5
>>
>>64679854
Sorry Anthony Hopkins played Don Diego De La Vega.

Do you think if they just ignored the 1990s reboot and made Antonio Banderas made up to look around 70 and pretended he was Don Diego De La Vega it would work? You'd need a younger actor to play an older man anyway- since you're doing very physical stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 408x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 408x612
Demian Bichir

He already worked with QT in Hateful 8. Put some older makeup on him.
>>
File: wppower01.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wppower01.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1200
>>64679905
Don Diego De La Vega is white.

>>64680021
Jamie Foxx will play Django, unless they pull a Terrence Hill on him.
>>
>>64680098
The problem is he's not dashing or handsome at all. He needs to look like an Errol Flynn, a Guy Williams, a Douglas Fairbanks, a Tyrone Power, or even Antonio Banderas in the 90s reboot.

Who would've been perfect would be ~60 year old Ricardo Montalban. There's not many dashing romantic classy actors anymore.
>>
File: django_jamie_foxxd.jpg (59 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
django_jamie_foxxd.jpg
59 KB, 675x380
Wait, what about Franco Nero as Zorro?
>>
Zorro

The Z is silent.
>>
>>64680292
He was pretty shit in Jango but he looks the part.
>>
>>64680398
You mean the 1966 original? He was great. And in Uncained he was just fine- it was a serviceable cameo.

I'd say Terrence Hill but he doesn't look latin at all anymore.
>>
>>64679854
Was this any good? I read some of Wagners Zorro comics and liked them well enough.
>>
>>
>>64680451
I meant in the new one but even in his spaghetti western days he was always kind of stiff.
>>
File: pierfrancesco-favino296-3117.jpg (257 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
pierfrancesco-favino296-3117.jpg
257 KB, 1200x900
>>64679854
>>
>>64679854
Idris Elba as Django
Jorge Garcia as Zorror, Djangos fat mexican sidekick
>>
Why does everything have to be a fucking crossover now?
>>
>>64680652
>now

Remember King Kong vs Godzilla. Frankenstein vs the Wolfman. Freddy vs Jason. It's nothing new.
>>
>>64679854
>You can't cast Antonio Banderas 1. He's too young and 2. He didn't play Don Diego De La Vega- Antonio Banderas did
>You can't cast Antonio Banderas
>He didn't play Don Diego De La Vega- Antonio Banderas did
did you read what you just typed? that shit gave me a headache after i read it three times still makes no sense
>>
>>64679854
>we're getting a Zorro/Django crossover movie

Fucking WHY?
>>
File: django2.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
django2.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1537
The writing for the comic is good but the art style is fucking atrocious. Postan now.

Whenever I read a modern comic I run it through a photoshop filter in order to make it look more like what comics SHOULD look like.
>>
>>64680892
oh yea my choice is pic related
forgot to mention
>>
>>64680892
I meant to type Anthony Hopkins. Hey, maybe the most intersting man in the world actor could play Zorro?

>>64680776
Don't act like the proportion of franchise films to original films hasn't changed.

>>64680652
>>64680908
It's the brand version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerleader_effect

Cinema is in a dire economic state right now.
>>
>>64680504
That's what was so good about him. Tarantulla's Django is a shitty gangsta from Harlem at best.
>>
>>64680776
Sure but i remember those being every now and then not every fucking movie.
>>
>>64679854
>You can't cast Antonio Banderas
>He's too young
>what is make up?
>Since there's literally zero 70 year old latino actors, that I know of, I mean I don't watch telenovelas and considering he would have to do some action scenes
The choice is obvious,Oberyn Martell, he is the go to, hispanic badass
>>
>>64681140
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielberg-predicts-implosion-film-567604

>Lucas and Spielberg told USC students that they are learning about the industry at an extraordinary time of upheaval, where even proven talents find it difficult to get movies into theaters. Some ideas from young filmmakers "are too fringe-y for the movies," Spielberg said. "That's the big danger, and there's eventually going to be an implosion — or a big meltdown. There's going to be an implosion where three or four or maybe even a half-dozen megabudget movies are going to go crashing into the ground, and that's going to change the paradigm."

>Lucas lamented the high cost of marketing movies and the urge to make them for the masses while ignoring niche audiences. He called cable television "much more adventurous" than film nowadays.

Hmm when will that happen?

>The Hollywood Reporter estimated that Tomorrowland cost $330 million to produce and market, and noted that the financial losses by Disney finished anywhere between $120 to $140 million.[60] According to them, Tomorrowland is the third big-budget original film of 2015 to underperform, following Jupiter Ascending and Seventh Son.[61]

It's almost over, Jonny.
>>
>>64679854
it will be Oscar Isaac

The villain will resemble President Trump
>>
>>64681163
My mom watches a lot of telenovelas - right now she loves watched La Vecina because she says it's so bad it's good.

Hey, what about Jimmy Smits- they could age him up.

And it doesn't have to be a latino - Douglas Fairbanks was a mick or something, wasn't he?
>>
>>64681289
Love him but he's 40 years too young. Also not handsome enough, and much too short. He could play the new Scarface in the upcoming remake, yes, set in LA about Mexican cartels, but not Don Diego De La Vega.
>>
>not wanting Old Man Bandaras Zorro movie

I still want my third Martin Campbell Zorro movie goddamnit.
>>
>>64681340
>upcoming scarface remake
Fuck...
>>
>>64681408
Legend of Zorro sucked my balls. The best Bond directors suck at everything else except Bond.

http://zvbxrpl.blogspot.ca/2009/10/great-director-for-one-thing-only.html
>>
>>64681423
I know, how could they do that to the greatest screenwriter who ever lived, Ben Hecht, and Howard Hawks.

>>64681408
I'd like that but he's not Diego De La Vega.
>>
Is the comic any good? Cause this sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>64681470

>Legend of Zorro sucked my balls

Because of the script, not the direction. That was the start of the Kurtzman & Orci "dream team."

>Martin Campbell only did one good thing

Edge of Darkness (tv and movie) and No Escape say hi.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.