[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clone Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
What does /tv/ think of this show?

I think it might be better overall than any of the movies desu.
>>
> I think it might be better overall than any of the movies desu.

I agree. Some of the episodes are pretty crap but some are amazing.
>>
Clone Wars was good.

Shame it's not cannon anymore.

But TCW is great too.

I'm binge watching it right now actually.
>>
Makes a great drinking game in a snap. Just make up rules for all the cheesy parts.
>>
>>64676264
I like pretty much all of it, the only problem I have is it's hard to buy into any tension in the show for example when you see Obi Wan/Anakin fighting Grievous. You know nobody is gonna die or face a real loss

Clone episodes are the best

>When Kamino is attacked
>Based 99

;__;
>>
>>64676395
Actually it still is, both it and Rebels.
>>
>>64676666
you're not going to lay a hand on her
>>
>>64676666
don't touch Rooney you pervert
>>
File: hmpgunship.png (828 KB, 1472x592) Image search: [Google]
hmpgunship.png
828 KB, 1472x592
>>64676264
>that entire Umbara arc
>all those Vietnam parallels
>Onderon arc returns to the planet from KOTOR 2
>literally has a plot lifted from the Soviet War in Afghanistan about the rebels (mujahideen/Onderon militia being given rocket launchers to fight HIND-D choppers/new droid gunships funded by the U.S/Republic.

First season or two were dull as fuck and kiddy shit, it gradually got darker and darker until it became watchable and eventually even good.
>>
>>64676395

The micro-series is no longer canon, but the gist of it and most other clone wars material (new and old) can still fit if you squint a bit.

In fact, the new series doesn't really work as a bridge unless you accept that an unseen version of the micro-series events roughly take place (Recruiting Ventress, early conflicts between her and Anakin, his Knighting ceremony, the battle of Geonosis, ect. ect.) and the new series slots in between parts of the micro-series. In-fact, in my lead in to episode 7, I watched the micro-series as the bridge between 2-3 because it still connects the two more directly. TCW just expands the story much further.
>>
ESB>ANH=TCW>ROTJ=ROTS>TPM>AOTC
>>
It's a decent action cartoon with a strong budget. Episodes are hit and miss, though, and the story is occasionally absolutely stupid (everything about Darth Maul and Savage Oppress, Ahsoka's existence in general). It's better than a lot of shit on TV, but better than any of the movies? No. Better than the prequels, maybe. It's more competently produced.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.