[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're making a film about the Holodomor (famine in 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: stalin.png (786 KB, 1287x536) Image search: [Google]
stalin.png
786 KB, 1287x536
They're making a film about the Holodomor (famine in 1930s Ukraine). Opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waOrFAokoY0
>>
File: Samantha Barks 16124506.jpg (236 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
Samantha Barks 16124506.jpg
236 KB, 682x1024
Story that needs to be told, but the timing is suspicious, looks like anti-Putin propaganda
>>
Infinite amount of movies about evil nazis
No movies about evil russians.

About time
>>
Friendly reminder that Ukraine is rightful Russian clay and a meme nation
>>
>>64672639
This guy looks like Einstein or Mark Twain, not Stalin.
>>
>>64672639
>muh 6 million holograms
Such bullshit. That never happened.
>>
>>64672639
Definitely not a propaganda piece.
>>
>>64672761
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>64672639
Is russia the mexico of Europe
>>
>>64672789
Holodomor is just as much of a hoax by assblasted Hohols as the Holocaust. Remember, if anything starts with a "Ho-" it's a hoax.
>>
>>64672856
how can you make negative propaganda about Stalin? he was as evil as a human being could possibly get
>>
>>64672892
>if anything starts with a "Ho-" it's a hoax.
>hoax starts with ho
>hoaxes are hoaxes
>The holocaust is true
>>
>>64672881
But is Mexico the Russia of North America?
>>
>>64672639
Looks like uninteresting propaganda. It arrives too late for me. But then again, I'm fucking full about holocaust movies so maybe the same but with ukranians instead of Jews can be a little less boring?
>>
>>64672892
>hologram
>hoe
>>
>>64672928
American point of view. Lots of Russians and east-Ukranians still adore him as a great leader.
>>
>>64672928
Stalin did nothing wrong, except for being lied about.
>>
File: 1284738994184.jpg (25 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1284738994184.jpg
25 KB, 500x381
>>64672892
>>64672892
>if anything starts with a "Ho-" it's a hoax.
>>
>>64672639
Looks nothing like Stalin
>>
>>64672931
>hoaxes are hoaxes
well, it's in the fucking word you mongoloid Redditor kike.
>>
>>64672639
looks interesting.
>>
>>64672639
Holy shit, is this a parody?

>Ukraine was a perfect paradise before the famine
>Stalin invaded Ukraine in the 30s (???)
>Evil Russians with moustaches and commissar caps

The actual famine was genuinely horrific, but this looks like hamfisted dogshit.
>>
>>64672970

no one said Propaganda didn't work.

how can you make this about cultural relativism?

it was a fucking crime.
>>
>>64672892
Your mums a hoe and that's a fact
>>
It looks like shit. Isn't there a real Ukrainian film about holodomor?
>>
>>64672970

This is true. But Russia and Ukraine are also both degenerate nations that are drinking themselves to death. So it's really no surprise that they have opinions like that.
>>
>>64673159
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>64672970

only because of the great patriotic war, no other reason.

we would hate him otherwise
>>
>>64673159
Show me the hologram death camps then.
>>
>>64673145
BUT THEY HAVE A STRONG WOMAN CHARACTER WHO WILL FIGHT THE OPPRESSORS
IT"S A MOVIE ABOUT HOPE AND JOY AND SURVIVE
AND FUCK HISTORIC ACCURACY OR UNBIAS OPINIONS AND FUCK TELLING THE REAL STORY AND LETTING THE VIEWER CHOOSE WHAT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>64673179
I mean regardless of what Stalin did he'd have an extremely negative image in the West. Right now there are obvious parallels to the Ukranian civil war and Krim crisis, so I have no doubts that the Holodomor is used to stir anti-Putin ressentment (still regardless of the truth of the mainstream histrocial facts, which I don't doubt).
>>
>This isn't famine, it's starvation

What the fuck sort of line is this? Famine usually involves starvation whether it's deliberate or not. A much better version of that line would have been:
>It's not famine, it's murder
Or something to that effect. Also those people look pretty well-fed to say they're in the middle of one of the worst famines in human history. Just putting generic 'dirty' makeup on actors does not make them legitimately look like they're in the middle of the literal shit.
>>
>Jews making an anti-Communist propaganda flick

What else is new
>>
>>64673145
>Ukraine was a perfect paradise before the famine
It was a land full of food, that's for sure. Watch some Soviet Ukrainian films from that period. I recommend you Zemlya from 1930.
>>
>>64673145

Ukrainians love to talk about how great Ukraine was before the Soviet Union, but for some reason they get angry when you point out that back then they were a bunch of illiterate dirt farmers who would go on pogroms at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>64673258
>It's not famine, it's murder
You just improved the trailer 100%
>>
>>64673258
Revisionist scholars have presented evidence, which "exterminationists" have not been able to refute, showing that there was no Russian program to exterminate Europe's Ukrainians, and that the estimate of six million Ukrainian wartime dead is an irresponsible exaggeration. The Holodomor – the alleged extermination of some six million Ukrainian (most of them by starvation) – is a hoax and should be recognized as such by Christians and all informed, honest and truthful men everywhere.
>>
>>64673409
I'm not really concerned about that, but somebody needs to take a serious look at this script regardless.
>>
Ukranian nationalism is the biggest meme of all
>>
>>64672639
>from the director of Meatballs III: Summer Job
>>
>>64673534
What does this even mean?
>>
File: pablo.jpg (133 KB, 580x464) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
133 KB, 580x464
Why didn't they get this guy for Stalin
>>
>>64672639
Too Hollywood, Stalin looks stupid, and its strange seeing ukranians and russians speak english.
>>
>>64673600
>its strange seeing ukranians and russians speak english
this

having subtitles would make the movie feel much more real. but I guess that cuts into their profits
>>
The guy who made Tribe would be perfect for a movie about holodomor.
>>
Russian propaganda is more funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m84WfT-1UGI
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.