[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/, what did you think of it? >Not without flaws but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: TFWMacbeth.png (231 KB, 363x360) Image search: [Google]
TFWMacbeth.png
231 KB, 363x360
So /tv/, what did you think of it?

>Not without flaws but overall bretigud

TFW it's the same crew making the Assassin's Creed Movie.
>>
>>64667890
It was brilliant.

I felt like there was too much CGI used for the final scenes though. The fire looked pretty fake and they could have achieved the same effect with a fog machine or something. Took me right out of the movie.
>>
>>64667890
i feel like if I hadn't seen any other Macbeth adaptation i probably wouldn't have understood what was going on
>>
>>64667890
3rd or 4th fav of 2015.
>>
I liked it a lot. It had a lot more to say than Polanski's version
>>
TORRENT
WHERE
>>
File: snowtown.jpg (111 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
snowtown.jpg
111 KB, 500x714
>>64668007
I must say I haven't noticed any CGI there - still thinking it was just filtering / color-grading.
Liked it overall - cinematography, acting, potrayal of madness, but what was taking me out of the movie were the poetic dialogues. I exected them, of course, but I think it would be more striking, if they were more simple, less shakespearish.

Now, as you've watched Macbeth, go see Kurzel's "SNOWTOWN". Much more visceral experience.
>>
Is there a chart of recommended Shakespeare adaptations?
>>
>>64667890

Needs more CGI and explosions.

There's no car chase scenes either. It's pretty bad if there's no chase scenes with cars.

Horses aren't really depicted as their real life counterpart in this movie. They need to hire consultants.

There's also no way you can wear hoodies and not be detected.
>>
>God tier
Coriolanus
Hamlet
Antony and Cleopatra
Much Ado About Nothing
Henry V
Richard II

>Great tier
Romeo and Juliet
Twelfth Night
Macbeth
Julius Ceasar
The Tempest
Richard III

>Good tier
The Mercgent of Venice
Henry IV parts 1&2
As You Like It
Othello
The Taming of the Shrew

>meh tier
The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Troilus and Cressida
King John
All's Well That Ends Well

>not even written by Shakespeare tier
Titus Andronicus
>>
>>64670015
Chimes at Midnight
McKellen's Richard III
Polanski's Macbeth
Stewart's Macbeth
Titus
Coriolanus
Prospero's Books

All of Branagh's, all of Olivier's, all of Kurosawa's
>>
>>64668033
You wouldn't understand the nuances but I think the general gist of the story came across well. All the actors and actresses played their parts so well that emotion and intent was clear despite the batshit Shakespeare speak.
>>
>>64670015
TITUS
I
T
U
S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tAT_A71WOs
>>
File: 1448691863047.jpg (162 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448691863047.jpg
162 KB, 1600x900
>>64670290
>>64670542
>No West Side Story
>>
>>64670189
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>64670487

This, I often find the making of a great Shakespeare adaptation is you can tell the actors actually understand what they're saying and the character as a whole. A lot of the time it feels like they're just regurgitating the script and that makes it really hard to both follow the plot and empathise with the characters. This actors were excellent in this version of Macbeth, even outside Fassbender and Cotillard the guys who played Banquo and MacDuff were both great. I really enjoyed it. Costume design seemed to be trying for the Game of Thrones look a bit too much, but everything else was very good.
>>
>>64670971
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>64670290
The globe theater performances are all really good, too. You don't fully grasp the purpose of a soliloquy until you see how much the space Shakespeare performed in encourages audience interaction
>>
>>64671222
Are you going to pay for my plane ticket?
>>
>>64671318
Download Jamie Parker's Henry V and Mark Rylance's Twelfth Night. They were out on DVD
>>
>>64671318

thepiratebay.se search shakespeare%20globe/0/99/0
>>
>>64670189
fix'd

>God tier
Hamlet
Antony and Cleopatra
Coriolanus
Much Ado About Nothing
Henry V
Richard II

>Great tier
Twelfth Night
Macbeth
Julius Ceasar
The Tempest
A Midsummer Night's Dream

>Good tier
The Merchant of Venice
Henry IV parts 3>1>2
As You Like It
Othello
The Taming of the Shrew

>meh tier
The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Troilus and Cressida
King John
All's Well That Ends Well
Romeo and Juliet
Richard III

>not even written by Shakespeare tier
Titus Andronicus
>>
>>64671220
Am I fucking retarded?
>>
I used to think Polanski's Macbeth was the ultimate screen adaptation, until I saw this.

It just had everything a good Shakespeare adaptation needs.

The cinematography was glorious, too.
>>
>>64674148
Do you think that whispering constitutes acting?
>>
>>64668033
Any modern day Shakespeare adaptation of anything but the least well known plays can and probably should assume its audience is familiar with the source material, there's really no need not to.
>>
>>64674233
>Being this reductive
Sorry you're used to sitcoms where everyone shouts at each other.
>>
Changed the source a bit too much and the lack of any accents for that region was glaring. Some staging was odd too and it was very cold and dry.
But visually is was fantastic.

Worried about AC if it keeps its release date because they have less than 12 months to wrap filming and edit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.