[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FLOP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: hateful-eight-tv-spot.jpg (170 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
hateful-eight-tv-spot.jpg
170 KB, 970x545
>Budget $44 million
>Box office $37.1 million

Will Cucktino ever recover from this devastating defeat? Is he finished?
>>
>>64666912
don't forget that the "budget" doesn't include the costs it took to show it in 70mm

he's actually losing money on the roadshow

>A theater installation expert recently spoke with The New York Times, and in his estimation it will cost an average of $60,000 to $80,000 just to set up the capability to show The Hateful Eight in 70mm.
>>
File: black-gay-thing.webm (578 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
black-gay-thing.webm
578 KB, 720x260
>>64666912
he wasted 35 of the 40 mil for this scene alone
>>
>>64666912

None of his movies are commercially successful at first, except maybe the one with Brad Pitt.
>>
>>64666973
The 70mm premier actually didn't work right and they had to show it in DCP. The whole thing sounded like a waste of time and money at best
>>
>he doesn't know that the Weinstein Company often uses Hollywood accounting
trust me, they'll rake it in
>>
>>64667061
>Nigger loosely holds the rifle over his shoulder
>Implying the white dude couldn't just bite the nigger's dick off, grab the rifle, shoot him, steal his clothes, and survive

Tarantino is kinda dumb
>>
>>64667150
Hollywood accounting is the opposite, where it makes money and they spin the numbers to look like it didn't and not have to pay taxes or residuals.
>>
>>64667088
Retard & bait. His last two movies made 4x over their considerably high production budgets.
>>
>>64667176
well a good handful of the Weinstein productions are low-budget indie films that have barely made a profit, if any, in the past few years, so they must be doing something right if they keep greenlighting these projects.
>>
File: breathing intensifies.gif (4 MB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
breathing intensifies.gif
4 MB, 375x346
>>64667061
why after torturing a dude to the brink of death would you allow him to suck your dingus?

dudes bite other dudes dicks off in prison for lesser insults. i refuse to believe that white dude wouldnt at least bite that fuckers dingus clean off as a last act of retaliation against his rapist/torturer
>>
>>64667174
hah, looks you don't understand him at all. in his mind he want's to it
>>
File: leo.jpg (91 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
91 KB, 306x306
>>64667231
His other films had more bankable actors too
>>
>>64666912
considering the runtime and weird release it did pretty well.

It's fucked abroad though. Here in the UK most of the top chains aren't even going to show the edited version, nevermind the extended.

In London, the capital for American cinema outside America, the road show release is planned in ONE cinema so far, and it's released like next week.

It's looking really bleak. It might not even make the Top 15
>>
>>64667246
are you asking yourself what kind of a man tortures a man before making him suck your big black bazinga?
>>
>>64667061
Why wouldn't the guy just bite his dick off?
>>
>>64667426
you stupid fucks. because it's tarantinos fantasy, he has to find new ways to degrade white people
>>
>>64667235
They aren't doing well though, pretty sure there was news of them downsizing and laying people off a few months ago.
>>
>>64666912

>Force Awakens, the biggest movie of the century, made a shit ton of money and it's a shit fucking movie.

>Hateful 8 couldn't even make back it's budget but it's a great, well done film.

Maybe that is defeat, but still, while not making back your budget has got to hurt, atleast you put something out there to the masses that you can be proud of. I still remember when the script was leaked and he was going to swore off making movies. I'm glad he did this, I enjoyed it. I'm sure home video sales will be decent.
>>
>>64667246
The point of the story was to enrage the old general. Even if it's not true, telling him his dead son sucked nigger cock was enough for him to get mad.
>>
>>64667552
Don't act like a Tarantino meme violence flick is any better than TFA or any other blockbuster. Hateful 8 was pretty bad.
>>
>>64667061
>>64667174
>>64667426

You guys do realize that Major. Warren was just lying to the general to get him mad and shoot him right? Warren was a manipulator and liar. While he probably did kill his son, I highly doubt he made him suck his dick. He said that to get under the general's skin so he could kill him for the way he treated his Union brothers during the war.
>>
>>64667340
In all fairness this is the most inaccessible movie he's made...it's violent, crude, definitely too slow paced for the masses, set mostly in a single location full of trashy & unlikable characters that, with the exception of Jackson and Russel, are devoid of any charisma...not mentioning the lack of Star Power...Can't see regular folk being excited about that.

If wasn't for QT lastest successes this one wouldn't have made this much money.
>>
BIG
>>
>>64667905
WHITE
>>
>>64667174
I felt like the implication there was that Major Warren was full of shit and just telling this story to get Bruce Dern to try and shoot him. Right before this scene they reveal that the Lincoln letter is all bullshit. He's a sick, racist, murderous nigger who probably would do this kind of thing but he's also full of shit.
>>
I don't think you guys realize the goal behind Hateful Eight, from a studio standpoint. Everyone knows that home entertainment systems have matched and even outclassed what theatres have to offer, so studios are scrambling and retooling to try and find ways to get asses into seats. They've so far come up with two ways: 3D and 70mm.

I don't know enough about 3D to comment about its pros and cons, but some studios are putting a lot of stock into the 70mm and helping theatres get the projectors installed and working just because it can't be duplicated for the home screen. Hateful Eight is really just a project to bring 70mm to the public conscious. Very few knew what 70mm was before Hateful Eight, but now it's notable and carries meaning for a wide swath of people. It's an investment for the future, and the future is where 70mm will or will not see returns.
>>
>>64667106
in LA the roadshow was fucked by Disney who refused to let it be shown in the Cinerama Dome as intended (Star Wars was still being shown from the week before)
>>
>>64667675

It is better though? I took away more from Hateful 8 than I did fucking Star Wars, Avengers and all that other shit from last year.

After Hateful 8 I was still thinking about the poison scene, thinking about the characters, humming the theme and shit. I'm not saying lil' Quentin's stuff is godly or perfect or anything like that, but it is good.
>>
>>64666912
It's because of fucking TFA
>>
>>64668292

And the fact no one wants to watch another QT western so soon after Django.
>>
>>64668114
Your point being? The film aesthetic is similar to a tv show, with lots of closeups, a very small setting, dialog-driven actions and etc. Sure, the image quality in the film is far superior than any tv show, but will this detail actually disencourage people from watch a tv show like Gotham just because of this now perceived lack of a top tier visual work? Short answer is no. I don't think that's a battle that cinema autheurs can (or even want) to win.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.