[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think this show never found an audience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Why do you think this show never found an audience?
>>
>>64666674
3 seasons is pretty solid for such an off-beat show with no real storyline.
>>
File: 1439046432318.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1439046432318.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
There isn't enough people killing each other to make it in the world of modern TV drama.
>>
>>64666674
Because it seemed like Christfag shit. I never watched it for that reason, although I heard that wasn't really the case. Same thing that happened with Noah. Too edgy for Christians, too holy for everybody else.
>>
No zombies or flopping dicks
Well maybe one flopping dick
>>
Character drama with existential themes and no significant external conflicts to move it along.

The karaoke scene was probably too easy and really corny to some but it destroyed me emotionally. I've never wished happiness for fictional characters as much as I do the Garveys
>>
some of the plotlines are really jarring
>>
cuz its shit
ofc it can't find its audience
>>
Because it doesn't pander to cucks.
>>
>>64666674
Because it's a terrible show?
>>
> The Leftovers

Americhubs dont know what leftovers are. this is why it flopped.
>>
>>64667049
>>64666978
dumb plebs
>>
File: 1439047114209.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439047114209.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
What gets cancelled first, The Leftovers or The Knick?
>>
>>64667073
the leftovers finishes next season so the kuck
>>
found one
>>
>>64667049
But it's not, anon, all memes aside second season is probably at least above average. I weren't as ecstatic after it as the reddit crowd were, but it's a solid drama.
>>
>>64667063
>story makes no sense
>plotholes everywhere
>forced drama
>unrealistic characters

I can give the series 3/10, but not more than that. Frankly, it's more like 2/10.
>>
>>64667178
>i'm a dumb pleb
>>
It doesn't resemble any past TV show, it's quite unique on its own, so lots of people don't know exactly what to expect.
>>
They were probably surprised it got renewed for 3rd. You could see that Lindelof was already wrapping up the story, Kevin's family and doctor Who both got their happy-ish endings, the only storyline that seems unfinished is Liv Tyler's. I just hope there's enought material for next year.
>>
>>64666674
Been looking for a new show to watch, is it as interesting as it's synopsis makes it out to be?
>>
>>64667353
You could say the same thing for the S1 finale. I'm sure they can pull it off

>>64667414
If you go in knowing the big mysteries will never be explained then yes. Its about how the characters are affected emotionally by the events and not the how or why.
>>
>>64667494
>Its about how the characters are affected emotionally by the events and not the how or why.
Sounds good, who cares about the big mysteries anyway, just gimme some fine character development. I'll check it out senpai
>>
>>64667414
It's literally 20 hours of people suffering through a world-wide existential crisis. Very slow, especially the 1st season. I loved it though.
>>
No audience? I love it, my gf love's it, my best buds love it... How does it have no audience? Im pretty sure millions watch this.
>>
>>64668798
the show's notorious for it's low as fuck ratings
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.