[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WB G2rJZGW8 There was not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Wars.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8

There was not a single scene like this in TFA. No great climax, no John Williams blasting and rising the tension, No Moff Tarkin ervously focused, it just felt flat.
No good guy out of left field to save the day, sure Finn destroyed the shield in time, but it wasn't dramatic. It wasn't engaging. Nothing was, I was watching a movie, but I wasn't immersed in it.
It's like JJ wanted to make a Star Wars but missed the spirit of it completely.
>>
>>64665991
I'm sorry it wasn't an exact copy of A New Hope anymore than it already was.
>>
It's a story we've already seen. Everyone knows the death starkiller whatever blows up at the end, so they wanted to focus on the character drama instead. Nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>64666068
It could have had the spirit of Star Wars without the same exact set pieces.
>>
File: Based Mark 50.jpg (85 KB, 600x915) Image search: [Google]
Based Mark 50.jpg
85 KB, 600x915
>>64665991
>this film doesn't have a scene that is just as good as one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history

WOW BORING JUNK MOVIE REDDIT PLS GO JJ IS A HACK BRING BACK LUCAS DISNEY ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64665991
>No good guy out of left field to save the day
That would have literally ruined the movie. Fuck you and your shit opinions.
>>
>>64666504
You do understand that the #1 thing critics and audiences have said about TFA is that it captures the spirit and feel and tone of the Original Trilogy really well? You're in an extremely small minority if you think that TFA doesn't feel like the OT. That's the thing it did best.
>>
>>64665991

Why do they have to make such a long trench run? Couldn't they just begin it closer to the weak spot instead of making it needlessly long?
>>
>>64666834
Why did it take them 1 minute to travel to the death star, but it takes forever to fly down the trench?
>>
>>64665991
editing was shit compared to the OT
>>
>>64666648

Can't ruin trash, family.
>>
>>64665991
Yes, everyone knows it wasn't as good as the OT. But it wasn't bad either.
>>
>>64665991

That's just nostalgia anon. Get over it.
>>
>>64665991

its like a movie style that blew you away as a 5 year old suddenly doesnt impress you as much as a 20 year old!
what the fuck! really?!?
>>
File: winona-ryder-in-reality-b-010.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
winona-ryder-in-reality-b-010.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
The climax of A New Hope was also the the climax of Luke and Han's character arc. Luke embracing the mystical ways of the force marked his transformation from a sheltered, young boy who yearned for adventure into a worldy traveller. Han coming back marked his transformation from a selfish rogue to righteous resistance fighter.

The climax of TFA was not underpinned by character in this way, and thus fell flat in comparison to ANH. (Learning a new skill is not a character arc)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.