[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: The Force Awakens tanks at the box office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1440700151717.jpg (84 KB, 1000x928) Image search: [Google]
1440700151717.jpg
84 KB, 1000x928
>$39m weekend

HAHAHAHAHA

Avatar's worldwide record off the table, now it looks like Star Wars won't be able to even overcome Titanic's total gross.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/the-revenant-star-wars-the-force-awakens-weekend-box-office-1201678383/

>b-b-but it's getting all the records guys no one can stop the jewjew train
>$1 bn domestic gross h-here we come!

Greasy neckbeard fanfaggots BTFO
>>
Is Finn going to get killed off-screen so the next 2 can make bank in the Asian market?
>>
Isn't almost guaranteed at this point that episode 8 or 9 will surpass it?
>>
>>64665784
Why the hell would the hype be bigger for the sequels to this dull piece of shit?
>>
>>64665823

If the rehash made that much money, expect retards to be even more hyped.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (41 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41 KB, 288x200
>Out or the number 1 spot in under a month

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHHS
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
You know it made 33 million in one day, right OP?
And it also made 17 million on Thursday screenings.
>>
>>64665718
Avatar grossed like 60M every wrekend.
meanwhile, Star Wars interest has already peaked and is dropping hard like predicted, despite all the fat fanboys crying.

More interestingly, it might lose the weekend crown to a more artistic film with almost no appeal to the average moviegoer. This would've never happened in Avatar's run.
>>
>>64665761

This is what I'm thinking. I don't even know how Disney allowed it to happen. You can't make a billion in China with a black lead.
>>
>have clear slate from December until February
>get btfo

Jesus....
>>
>>64665718
>$20 tickets
>Can't even touch a Titanic who sold tickets at $5 a pop

The Jews have been cucked
>>
>>64665959
Disney didn't want Finn to be black. That was JJ's decision. And Disney got mad about that. Finn was originally white (you can see it in some concept arts i believe) And Poe was suppose to die. Because of JJ, Disney made JJ keep Poe Alive after casting Finn as black person.
>>
>>64666300
Everyone who wanted to see it has already seen it.
Do you really think a Star Wars fancuck would watch it in February? It's all downhill from now on.
>>
>front-loaded sales from hype, subsequent drop-off because everyone's already seen it
>worst domestic/international ratio of the top 23 grossing movies
They better hope franchise fatigue doesn't hit hard after Rogue One.
>>
File: leo.jpg (90 KB, 1024x564) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
90 KB, 1024x564
>>64667120
>that white Finn
>>
>>64667357
Isnt RO supposed to be a prequel?
>>
>>64667241

But autists go to see movies multiple times
>>
>>64667424
Yes, so?
>>
>>64665892
>Avatar grossed like 60M every wrekend.
Congrats on the autism?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.