[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally watched pic related after many years of being told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 41JDGPK1VML._SY300_.jpg (13 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
41JDGPK1VML._SY300_.jpg
13 KB, 210x300
>Finally watched pic related after many years of being told to ignore it.
What the fuck is wrong with people, this was way better than aliens on literally every conceivable level.
>>
>>64656850
Hahahaha
>>
>>64656850
Yes.
>>
Can't ditch the finch
>>
>>64656850
I liked it, mainly thanks to the cast.
>>
It is so bad the director discredited himself of it
>>
>>64656988
nah, it's not bad and fincher is/ was being a little bitch about it

it came out alright all things considering
>>
>>64656850
No it wasn't but the director's cut (the one with the ox) is much much better than the theatrical version (the one with the dog), and it had that Alien vibe again.
>>
>>64656988
he disowned it because fox fucked it up in the editing room, the assembly cut is much closer to his original vision and is pretty great.
>>
>>64656988

Fincher should discredit himself from almost all of his shitty filmography, he's a joke.
>>
>>64657189
/tv/: the response.
>>
All the Alien films are good in their own way, Alien 3's visual style was the best (or close to as good as the first one) but its overall the weakest but mostly due to how much they messed up getting a coherent script together.
>>
>>64656850

laughable cgi
>>
>>64657180
I still prefer the theatrical

the assembly cut is defanged, meanders too much in the middle and switching the dog to an ox cadaver didn't make any fucking sense whatsoever, not to mention that the dog scene was more disturbing and edited better
>>
>>64657269
Are you honestly saying that resurrection is a better film than 3?
>>
>>64656850
ALIEN: Perfect, bravo Scott!

ALIENS: Perfect, bravo Cameron

ALIEN 3: Literally shit rehash of ALIEN in Australia with shit cgi

ALIEN RESURRECTION: Litreally better than ALIEN 3, top banter
>>
Aliens was terrible outside cinematography and production quality
>>
>>64657311
I am
>>
>>64657311
Its a tossup but while Alien 3 is better as a 'serious' Alien film, Resurrection is more fun, and the creature, alien, and mutant designs are fantastic.
>>
>>64657386
But....I just watched it before Christmas. It isn't.....like, the story is terrible.
>>
Been saying that for years, OP. Thank you for finally joining those of us that can form our own opinions. Now watch Hudson Hawk.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.