[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All those demonstrations of simple fucking things like slingshotting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: martian2015.jpg (266 KB, 1008x1494) Image search: [Google]
martian2015.jpg
266 KB, 1008x1494
>All those demonstrations of simple fucking things like slingshotting around the earth when everyone present is a scientist of some sort
>Matt Damon practically breaking the 4th wall to explain every little thing he's doing with those video journals
>Set up a complicated and tense last ditch docking effort as the finale and throw it away for some dumb iron man psuedo-science scene

What a dumb fucking movie. I mean it wasn't a bad movie, I was entertained and it was enjoyable to watch but it's just so fucking dumb.
>>
>>64655047
Oh and I forgot:

>All those minorities and women shoehorned in
>>
>>64655047
Read the fucking book then...
>>
>>64655103
>Ridley Scott
>Shoehorning minorities

lel.
>>
>>64655175
Ripley was a well written female character played by a competent actress, the commander in The Martian is not.
>>
>>64655160
Fuck you, make a good movie.
>>
>>64655247
How about you learn to read anything longer than a 4chan comment so you can actually enjoy a story the way its meant to be told, fuckwit
>>
>>64655980
if the book is how its meant to be enjoyed and is necessary for understanding the flick then why bother making or watching the flick in the first place?
>>
>>64655980
The book sucks you fucking retard, you seriously feel like you're superior because you read the Martian?
>>
Pure story driven fairy tail NASA propaganda bullshit movie. Those CGI Ridley Scott shots of mars were cool afdoe.
>>
>>64656963
when did /tv/ has superior taste than /lit/?
>>
>>64655047
>i'm a faggot
was obvious OP
>>
File: 4b0.png (81 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
4b0.png
81 KB, 825x441
>>64657285

Since /lit/ decided to start reading sjw meme tier lists of current literature instead of the timeless classics.
>>
Alright, OP. We get it. The book was better.

>>64656908
>why bother making or watching the flick in the first place?

$$$
>>
>>64657493
like the bible?
>>
Is Ridley Scott a hack?
>>
File: gambino-show.jpg (183 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
gambino-show.jpg
183 KB, 1280x853
>>64655047
AY YO HOL UP NASA M'NYUQQAH I HEAR U F@MS FINNA BE HAVIN' SUM MUHFUGGIN SPAACEEE ISSUES N' SHIET NIGGAH LEMME JUS SOLVE DAT REELKVICK UKNOWHUMSAYIN
>>
Dumbest movie in a long time.
>>
Why is there zero character development in this movie? There are DOZENS of characters but they are so shallow. Even Matt Damon's character, which is essentially the film, doesn't actually get any development other than being a SUPER BOTANIST who also happens to be an amazing engineer. physicist, and what not who knows how to "run the numbers."
>>
>>64660428
A film doesn't have to have character development to be a fun action flick. The Fast & The Furious films are a great example, shallow characters and the same plot every time, but fun as fuck. It knows it's stupid and revels in it.

The problem with The Martian is it's tripping over itself to try and prove how ebin nerdy smart I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE it is at every turn and it just gets obnoxious. If it was the same plot but they actually made the characters say things that normal people say and have normal motivations it could have been great.
>>
>>64660523
>A film doesn't have to have character development to be a fun action flick.
No, but it does need character development to be a good film
>>
>>64661571
>to be a good film
it isn't a "film", fedoraman
>>
>>64655223

Yes she is, she's just not the lead
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.