[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VICTORIA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: victoria_full_image.jpg (283 KB, 548x800) Image search: [Google]
victoria_full_image.jpg
283 KB, 548x800
Anyone seen this or talking about it?

I fucking loved every minute of it, and not because of the gimmick. It's filled with a lot of very human scenes, no dramatic bullshit. The music was great too and had me almost crying at points.

if you can see this I suggest you do, even though it drags a little towards the end.
>>
I loved it. And i agree that the Visual choice actually supporter the story and feel of the film (birdman). The DoP og Victoria did a lecture at my College just when it started entring festivals. Very interesting.
>>
Such a great movie. It had some flaws for sure though--like what was her motivation to help them rob the bank after meeting with the kingpin guy? And the first 40 minutes got pretty slow at parts. But DAMN did that one continuous take up the anxiety and tension.
>>
The first stage if her life had ended. Playing the piano everyday was probably all she ever did. These kids dont have a life, seriously. So i think she wanted to test herself. See if the had the potential og becoming another person.
And yeah the take is out of This World. They dis the whole Thing 3 times. 3rd time they nailed it. the dop wasnt satisfied Himself though. Very very talented, inspiring guy.
>>
Im writing from my iphone btw
>>
>>64651817
OH IT SHOWS
>>
>>64651593
if they cut out the hotel stuff after the shootout it would have been good. Just have the same conclusion but on the top of the roof or something. the apartment/baby scene was kind of redundant.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-09 09.42.01.png (256 KB, 1390x390) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-09 09.42.01.png
256 KB, 1390x390
>>64651350
If we strip away the technical merit it's still very good I think, the shootout was a bit ridiculous though and felt like something from another film entirely.

The very natural and calm first 30 minutes really helps to make the next hour incredibly tense. From the moment they enter the underground garage until the dump the car and go in to the club is amazing, hand wringing stuff.

I've seen some criticism of the piano scene on here but I think that whole exchange was a wonderfully succinct and well written way to fully explain why Victoria makes the decisions she does over the next 90 minutes.

The soundtrack is gorgeous too, listening right now.
>>
>>64653120
nice man I'm listening to a track, I've been looking for the whole album. can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>64653169
It's on itunes, If you give me 10 mins ill mega it for you.
>>
GUYS

HEY GUYS

It was shot in a single take. LIKE WOAH. Now that's what I call art!
>>
>>64653219
that'd be rad thanks buddy
>>
>>64653328
Had to wetransfer because mega is being silly. Files are in .m4a because I'm a macfag but you can convert if needed.

we[dot]tl/RcwjOA6caU
>>
>>64653516
thanks!
>>
>>64653255
chill reddit
>>
>>64651350
I thought this was Lilya 4-ever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.