[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were /tv/'s thoughts on Dallasbuyers club? Quite great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DBC.jpg (116 KB, 650x919) Image search: [Google]
DBC.jpg
116 KB, 650x919
What were /tv/'s thoughts on Dallasbuyers club?

Quite great movie. I'm a bit surprised how it didn't get more buzz, maybe it's due to how subversive it is.
>>
>>64649246
It actually got a huge buzz when it was released and won a few Oscars afaik.
>>
>>64649269
I mean people don't talk about it anymore at all. It was a quite inspiring story. I mean I don't want to turn this into another SW thread, but I watched this after TFA and the difference is like the difference is enormous in the plot, acting and so much more. I mean I know the other IP is fucking huge, but I guess there isn't much to talk about it anymore.
>>
>>64649246
Mat and Jared were great.
Dialogue and character relations were good.
Actual plot was bad.
Jennifer Garner was awful.

As a director, Valle's kind of a hack. His movies could be made by anybody, and really just act as showcases for actors.
>>
The problem the movie has and the directors other movie Wild has the same problem, it's just so-so. Matt "The Matt" plays an HIV-infected cowboy and he sells medicine to other HIV victims to make a profit. Are we supposed to root for him? Why is Reese Witherspoon walking through Wyoming or whatever barefoot?
>>
File: tp.jpg (67 KB, 1609x845) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
67 KB, 1609x845
I saw it in theatres when it came out and really enjoyed it desu

Haven't had the urge to watch it since though
>>
oscar bait

it was a lifetime special movie with great acting
>>
>>64649246
i was pleasantly surprised how good the movie was the first time i saw it

usually i can't stand generic oscar bait fag/dyke/tranny movies BUT this one is a bit different from the rest

also, McConaughey really deserved the oscar
>>
>>64649246
>subversive
It's clearly pro femenist lgbt shit but if a texan like McAlright with his faux-masculine presence can have his mind changed then so can anybody's. I lost interest and knew it was going downhill when he takes the piss out of someone for not knowing what North By Northwest was (Hitchcock's Cuckdom of Solace) -- It's the least masculine movie they could have elevated.

In fact any time you see overly brutish boystrous behaviour in the first 10 minutes of a movie you know the rest of the movie is going to be feminine centric using at contrast, it's just your typical bait and switch.
>>
It's okay.

Letos performance was great.
Garners performance is really underrated.

The movie was shot pretty blandly though.
>>
very aggressive copyright trolls

need a good slap in the fucking mouth
>>
>>64651075
they probably leaked it online too
>>
One of the more decent oscarbaits.
But trannies and SJW in general hated because Leto isn't a transsexual IRL.
So the industry decided to forget it's a existence for political reasons.
As for /tv/, oscarbaits aren't very talked about in here.
>>
The movie isn't only about smuggling vitamins and supplements. It's about how the pharmaceutic lobby to prevent alternative treatments fucks peoples' lives up.

Sure he was getting money from it, but Ron was helping a lot of people who had a death sentence to them, and who were being given a fucking poison approved by the government.

Ron refused to let his 30 days condemnation let him down, so not only he vastly outlived the gloomy outlook the doctor gave him, but he rose above all expectations and gave a better quality of life to other people. It's the triumph of the individual over shabby faggots who want to monopolize people's rights to a better life, and their freedom to get the kind of treatment they want.
>>
In real the main cowboy guy who got HIV in the movie was actually gay and had unprotected sex with other gay men and thats how he got HIV. Movie is garbage trying to white wash fags being disease vectors.
>>
>>64650976
You clearly missed the point of the movie.

First of all the movie tells in your face that gay people are fucked because most people with AIDS are gay/trans. This is something which if you say out loud, LGBT activists will cry homophobia right away, despite being factual.

Ron was a rough guy with gay people, but he was that way with everyone. He fought against government regulation of supplements with is clearly anti-left (and therefore anti SJW and feminism).

He was a self made man once he heard the bad news. He refused to accept what the government had to offer him with AZT, did his homework by studying more about the disease he had, and looking out for all kinds of treatment, and then he went as far as looking how to treat himself by himself. This is incredibly subversive, and anti-establishment.
>>
forgot to quote (you)>>64650213 for this post >>64651614
>>
>>64651667
I know the movie alluded to him having sex without condoms for the source of the infection, but could have been via syringe usage, the guy was a major drug degenerate and he seemed to be quite comfortable at using syringes to do self-medicating.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.