[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Leo played the anti-hero who murders Bane for no reason, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 5467356.jpg (155 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
5467356.jpg
155 KB, 600x300
So Leo played the anti-hero who murders Bane for no reason, and Bane is the hunted protagonist who got into a bad situation / framed.

If you don't understand this, please go back to r/movies...
>>
>>64647322
Nice meme
>>
>>64647322
I genuinely am starting to question whether or not Glass wanted Bane to kill him. The way he closes his eyes is weird.

Plus he didn't seem worried and he didn't struggle until Hawk showed up.
>>
>>64647350
Listen faggot. I'm tired of you edgy retards who get upset about real film analysis. The fact is that Bane didn't actually plan to hurt anyone. He had a deal with Leo. Period. The fact that the little tree nigger started throwing a shit fit is literally not Bane's fault.

Everything after that is Bane trying to set things right while Leo can't get a fucking grip.
>>
Leo closes his eyes slowly and deliberately. He wanted to die to save muh boy.
>>
>>64647514
This. I've watched it over and over.

He looking right into Banes eyes then very slowly and very deliberately he closes his eyes and open them and looks up at the sky, absolutely no resistance.
>>
>>64647558
Before he closes his eyes though you can tell he's really struggling to keep them open so he won't blink.
>>
>>64647699
He changes his mind. If it was accidental, it would have been a quick blinky.
>>
>>64647699
I don't think he is at all. It seemed like Bane convinced him that he should probably die so his son could Live. Why did he scream out like he was when Hawk was dying? Answer me that.
>>
>>64647811
didn't*
>>
ITT: Characters who did nothing wrong
>>
>>64647811
I think he was most likely considering his options about it as he was holding his eyes open and then decided to let Bane kill him. But I don't really see it as completely definitive either. Regardless, their whole "deal" falls apart when he kills his son.
>>
>>64647423
Like, there had to have been a better way to silence Hawk. Killing him was probably the worst option at that point.
>>
File: 1447699583218.png (268 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1447699583218.png
268 KB, 361x691
>>64648019
Maybe his son shouldn't have had a teenage girl style meltdown and instead listened like a rational adult?
>>
Fitzgerald did nothing wrong!
>>
Fitz did steal all the money in the safe effectively fucking over all of the men...
>>
>>64648092
>>64648141
>not calling him bane
>not giggling in front of the computer screen because you called him bane
Sure is reddit in here.
>>
Bane was giving him a devil's bargain, by setting him up in a way that Leo would be force to concede with his bullshit "agreement" of the deal he forced on him. It was an excuse to kill Leo and pocket the money.

Leo closed his eyes because he was straining for so long to keep them open. He closed them that way because he knew he was about to meet his end by a man exploiting his death for an extra $300.

He then of course kills the son which solidifies the fact that Bane is in the wrong.
>>
>>64648195
>devil's bargain
is this a term? never heard it
>>
>>64648275
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devil%27s+bargain

though I think I am misusing the term here.

Basically Bane put Leo in a situation where he would be force to follow through with an act (eventually blink) which Bane could feign as consent.
>>
>>64648065
>lol dude I'm just trying to kill your dad chillax

Yeah, Glass may have wanted to die but you're an idiot.
>>
>>64648195
Why didn't Leo struggle when Bane was about to kill him? Do you have the screener in front of you?
>>
>>64648447
>two men are about to make a deal
>third man runs up howling like a fucking monkey
>HURR ITS NOT THE THIRD MANS FAULT
>>
>>64648473
He was pretty weak and out of it and he knew he couldn't do much. Even when he sees his son die, the agony of seeing that gets him to really tense up and force as much bodily functions as possible yet he still couldn't move to save him, not even thrash about.
>>
So we're all in agreement that the OP is correct then?
>>
>>64647322
He had a deal with Glass to kill him.
Instead he left him alive.
He deserves what he got...
>>
Why the fuck did they need to change this story? It already seems too incredible to be real because of how fucking badass Hugh Glass was.
>>
File: 1358047298743.jpg (27 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
1358047298743.jpg
27 KB, 412x352
>Bane gets his fingers chopped off
>Entire theater goes "OOOH"
>Bane just says "Ah, shit" like he spilled some fucking coffee

Best fucking character just because of that one line.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.