[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Master Luke, I should inform you that your uncle owned me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: C-3PO_oil_bath2.png (1 MB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
C-3PO_oil_bath2.png
1 MB, 1200x816
>Master Luke, I should inform you that your uncle owned me for years several decades ago and neither I nor him reference this at any point.
Really Lucas?
>>
>you can't memory wipe a fucking machine
>>
>>64646695
he was wiped at the end of ep 3

close this thread mods
>>
he had his mind wiped in ROTS
>>
>>64646695
Is Owen supposed to remember the name of every protocol droid he's ever seen?
>>
3PO got mind wiped at the end of ROTS. R2 knows, but R2 is established to be a complete dick.
>>
>>64646716
>>64646724
the uncle didn't get his fucking mind wiped
>>
>>64646695
>being retarded

they wiped c3pO at the end of III, and stayed with wedge on aldaraan until episode IV
>>
>>64646753
He didn't see Threepio for over 20 years. Why would he need to remember one singular droid, when a race of droid sellers comes by all the time to offload droids on people?
>>
>3PO was silver when they owned him
>>
>>64646753
he didn't get the gold paint job until padme owned him.
>>
>>64646734
how many fucking protocol driods has he seen on his god damn moisture farm desert shithole planet?
Pretty sure in 6 films 3po is the only protocol driod we ever see, why the fuck wouldnt he forget the one that his half-brother(?) made as a child and was just chilling at his place while Shimi was off getting raped by Sand people
>>
>>64646842
He kept his gay voice, though. Or were actually fooled by the red arm in TFA?
>>
>>64646899
>Pretty sure in 6 films 3po is the only protocol driod we ever see
There's one at the start of TPM and one in Echo Base.
>>
did threepio introduce himself by name? ben would have known his name from when he lived with them in the prequels. definitely a p l o t h o l e.
>>
>>64647000
They're all depicted as having distinct voices
>>
>>64647427
It's not really a plot hole when Obi Wan is known for never letting on more than he knows.
>>
>>64647497
I meant lars would have known him
>>
>>64647455
It's very easy to forget someone's voice as well.
>>
>>64647427
Obi wan lied about literally everything in ep 4.
Vid related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7RNSecaI_4
>>
>>64646695
back then droids were just objects

would you remember your random house appliance after not having seen it for 20 years?
>>
>>64646793

that's like not remembering your cat when it shows up again after 20 years and speaks fluent english and uses the same name
>>
>>64647570
the thread is about why lars didn't seem to recognize him when he lived on their farm for a decade
>>
>>64647601
But at the same time literally everyone owns a cat that speaks fluent english with similar sounding names.
>>
>>64647587

when the appliance has a distinctive way of talking and is sentient then yes I would

shit man, I remember my dad's betamax vcr in vivid detail and I haven't actually seen it in 20 years.

C3po they actually had interactions with daily and he had a name and a personality.
>>
>>64646695
r2 and 3po shouldn't have even been in the fucking prequels to begin with.

It was just retarded pandering to sell toys and incite nostalgia.
>>
>>64647775
But anon, how would we know where they came from? Backstory is important to characters, even droids!
>>
>>64647826
>they're robots that someone built

There ya go, backstory complete. No need for these two random droids to be at the fucking heart of literally every major event/war in the galaxy since the time they were built.
>>
File: owen.jpg (24 KB, 241x325) Image search: [Google]
owen.jpg
24 KB, 241x325
>>64646695
>Luke, you know how I don't like you talking about your father more than absolutely necessary and I always try to change the subject when you bring him or Old Ben up? Well, let me unnecessarily tell you about how this droid once belonged to your father so you can badger me with more questions that I don't like you asking.
Really OP?
>>
he recognized them and bought them on purpose
>>
File: 3po-attack.png (671 KB, 599x598) Image search: [Google]
3po-attack.png
671 KB, 599x598
>Behold: The greatest achievement in the universe! THE SINGULARITY ENGINE!! The perfect marriage between man and machine. Their beauty will be haunting!
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 339x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 339x434
>>64648246
Based fucking Auralnauts is what he suggested
>>
>>64646752
R2 saves the day nevertheless. How many times has he saved a character? He is the true hero of Star Wars
>>
>>64647633
Lars is probably three sheets to the wind off of Jawa moonshine or whatever most of the time.
>>
Why didn't Chewbacca ever tell Han that the force was real?

He used to be good friends with the greatest jedi master and force user of the galaxy
>>
>>64646793
How could you forget his aggravating personality? Owen would have heard him say one sentence and be like "oh shit, it's you."
>>
3PO got memory wiped.

The last time Owen saw 3PO was 22 years ago, and 3PO was a dull grey at the time.
>>
>>64647661
Are you actually retarded or do you live in an alternate reality where cats speak English?
>>
He didn't click right away but he did remember, that's why he wanted both their memories erased.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1 MB, 2986x2396) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1 MB, 2986x2396
Simple. Each trilogy takes place in its own completely separate fractal multiverse.

Episode 8 will begin to unveil this and Episode 9 will spell it outright for the plebs. The first tip off will be when Luke takes Rey back to his little Jedi yurt on the cliff planet and Yoda is just there chilling. That'll be a big "wtf" moment for the audience who will then slowly begin to realize that they're not in the same galaxy far, far away that they thought they were.

Screencap this post. Also, check em.
>>
>>64647570
is there actually a game where you kill younglings?
>>
>>64651829
There is a movie that looks like a game that involves killing younglings
>>
>>64648414
He probably has and they've had arguments about it to the point of agreeing to disagree.
>>
>>64651039
Bioshock Infinite is leaking agin
>>
>>64646899
There is one right at the start of A New Hope, that's done deliberately to show you that he's a common droid.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.