[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remeber him being in one movie after RotS that bombed and was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19
I remeber him being in one movie after RotS that bombed and was forgotten about , after that he dissappeard
>>
>>64644509
Shattered Glass?

It wasn't bad to be honest.
>>
>>64644509
Jumper? You ever read Marvel Team-Up?
>>
>>64644509
Jumper, fun concept kinda shit execution. Worth a watch once if you're bored.
>>
More importantly, why is every other thread getting 404'd?
>>
Truly, he has become....The Last Starfighter.
>>
off the top of my head: jumper, takers, vanishing on whatever street, 90 minutes in heaven, that shit with nic cage
>>
File: 231909_073.jpg (43 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
231909_073.jpg
43 KB, 320x240
He was in this movie just last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtPq23E1Q1U
>>
>>64644574
I haven't noticed this. What are you referring to?
>>
Jumper is to Hayden as Exodus is to Aaron
>>
He wasn't that bad actually. Isn't Anakin supposed to be really weird and fucked up? Anakin in the prequels seemed like someone who could have had a pretty solid life but was emotionally stunted and could not handle loss. Hayden did an okay job.
>>
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/star-wars-vet-hayden-christensen-exile-acting-article-1.2480732
>>
>>64644604
Almost every thread is getting deleted, even if it directly related to television and film
>>
>>64644619
Maybe there's new moderation.
>>
>>64644619
4chan has notoriously shit code and something is probably fucked up.
>>
>>64644604
Look through the catalog.
>>
File: 1452286460126.jpg (461 KB, 853x3911) Image search: [Google]
1452286460126.jpg
461 KB, 853x3911
>>64644619

Noticed this too

>tfw posting on /starwars/
>>
>>64644530
This. Watched it in high school, it was a good movie.
>>
File: hayden31f-1-web.jpg (28 KB, 400x601) Image search: [Google]
hayden31f-1-web.jpg
28 KB, 400x601
>>64644618
in he on the road to JUST?
>>
He was in this.
It was pretty cool.
Hell, if Nic Cage was Obi Wan and didn't die and it was in space it could very easily have been the best Prequel movie.
>>
>>64644574
>>64644604
>>64644619
>>64644642
>>64644643
>>64644648
>>64644660
it's obvious that the mods have gone full retard in their moderation and it will kill the board, just like it killed /sp/
>>
>>64644690
Wow..i used to think he was hot
>>
>>64644732
No I think it's something to do with the code
Even when I refresh the page the deleted posts are still there
>>
>>64644712
>that wig

I admire nicolas cage so much, he doesn't give half a shit
>>
>>64644732

It's killing /pol/ too.

It feels like this website is turning into a marketing/advertising info shitshow
>>
>>64644767
I swear you could sum up his entire career with this clip
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxJ7GKGFG0
>>
Isn't he married to the qt brunette from The OC?

I'd probably take that in exchange for a failed Hollywood career
>>
>>64644612
No. Anakin was SUPPOSED to be a tragic hero. Tragic heroes are supposed to be people you want to root for, people who are exceptional, usually great leaders beloved by all, who suffer the unforeseen consequences of seemingly reasonable choices.

Simply being put in charge by Palpatine to expose a conspiracy in the republic, and finding out his friends were involved would have been enough. Choosing loyalty to duty and order as he saw it would have been a much more compelling, and relatable reason for him and Obi-Wan to become enemies, and for him to loose Padme who was a traitor, say she was thought to have been shipped off to a prison camp and died en route or something (but was secretly smuggled away). It would have also explained why he spends the next 20 years being a loyal imperial hardass.

But instead we're given a convenient vision of the future, and a contrived story about dark side life magic and Padme's C-section.

Luke chose his friends over power. Anakin should have chosen power over his friends. Pottery.
>>
>>64644810
his later movies most definitely, up until ghost rider 2 he actually cared about his career

I hope he'll come back desu
>>
404 wtf is happening

catalogue is broke
>>
>>64644871
>up until ghost rider 2 he actually cared about his career
He still does. He cares about working. Dude's got a work ethic. And I'll bet he has a shitload of fun in these craptastic low-budget flicks, too. They're probably way less controlled than bigger Hollywood deals.
>>
>>64644509
Go read the BBC article that was recently done about him mate.
>>
>>64644911
hiroshima has destroyed the 4 chains
>>
>>64644911
You can add a thread. It gets added to the catalogue. But it gets 404ed when you click on it. And I don't think any of the old threads are getting bumped off either. Mods and Japanese Moot need to wake up.
>>
>>64644927
>BBC
spotted the cuck
>>
>>64644612
>Isn't Anakin supposed to be really weird and fucked up?
>be a slave till you're 9
>be separated from your mother and indoctrinated by emotionless, celibate monks
>jedi treat you like shit because you're different (joined too long) and masters don't trust you (as seen in episode 1 where they judge him like a piece of meat)
>be told to suppress all your emotions
>be groomed by the greatest manipulator in the galaxy, and he's your only non-jedi friend and the only one that's not stupidly hard on you all the time for your humanly mistakes
>be given a god complex because you're told you're literally the chosen one and soon to be most powerful person of all time
>have nightmares about your mother suffering and dying, but be told by jedi to ignore it
>finally get the chance to see your mom
>she was tortured to death (and possibly raped) and dies in your arms
>have to fight on the front lines of a galactic war for 3 years
>have premonitions about your wife dying the same way the ones about your mom came true
>freak out
>jedi still don't trust you, ask you to spy on your best non-jedi friend
>put you on council but don't promote you to master, even though you're top 5 strongest jedi in the galaxy, making you seem like a joke
>still turn in sith lord who promised to save your wife because of your loyalty to the jedi
>jedi don't trust you again and don't take you to arrest the most powerful villain in the galaxy
>go to help anyway and see jedi, who was a dick to you your whole life, about to break his own rules and murder a prisoner, fucking hypocrites
>see last chance to save your beloved wife, freak out in a split second decision and cut douchebag jedi's hand off
>now feel like you've fucked up so hard you have no choice but join the dark side, hey at least you can save your wife

People that bitch about Anakin are as bad as the morons who defend MaRey Sue and Star Wars 7: A Newer Hope in IMAX 3D
>>
>>64645021
>joined too long
joined when you were too old*
>>
>>64645021
this shit breaks my heart
>>
>>64645063
Mine too.

Palpatine knew he'd get his hands on Anakin since episode 1, and considering the guy was fucking smart and powerful enough to become ruler of all the known universe, Anakin never had a chance. The Jedi were too fucking inflexible with their stiff rules and fucked him over completely.

Even Yoda, one of everyone's favorite Star Wars characters, was a total asshole to him in episode 1.
>>
File: JUST.png (282 KB, 351x587) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
282 KB, 351x587
>>64644690
yes
>>
>>64644509
Just like Mark Hamel

Like father like son
>>
>>64645197
>>64645150
In 20-30 years will Hayden come back un-Just and looking better then ever?
>>
>>64644969
Why aren't you already connecting to 8chains via TOR?
>>
>>64645197
>you will never be a young actor cast by George Lucas in Star Wars episode 7 as Ben Kenobi
>you will never play one of the most polarizing characters in fiction
>you will never get to do tons of coke and bang mad 10's after episodes 7, 8, and 9 come out
>you will never have a mostly ruined career after this
>you will never get to sit down with Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen and laugh about your ruined careers while being proud of playing some of the most iconic characters of all time
just kill me now
>>
>>64645259
i mean, as Ben Skywalker*

FUCK
>>
>>64645021
Yes, but that's not very heroic. It's just pathetic and sad. The great Anakin Skywalker as described by Obi-Wan was like the best of the Jedi, the 'Lancelot' of the Old Republic. That is the image the people had of him for decades until the prequels. How a guy like that becomes Darth Vader is potentially one of the more interesting character stories in film, but it was ruined with a poor concept, and a confused mixing of themes.
>>
>>64645335
He was a hero during the clone wars.

All we saw of the Clone Wars was the Battle of Geonosis, where he went 1v1 against a Sith Lord, which is pretty fucking amazing that he held his own at his age.

And then him rescuing the Chancellor. Where he showed off the fact that he was one of, if not the best Pilot the Republic had. And one of the greatest warriors considering he straight up murked Dooku on his own after Kenobi got knocked the fuck out.

At the start of RotS, fucking Grievous even mentioned how he expected someone of his reputation to be 'older.'
>>
>>64645335
To be fair, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith deal more with Anakin's personal life rather than his exploits during the Clone Wars. The Clone Wars cartoon from 2003 really showed off how great of a warrior Anakin was back in the day.
>>
>>
>>64645503
>referencing the Tartakovsky clone wars instead of Babby's first CGI star wars cartoon
my man
>>
>>64645223

Hayden's not even a Justinian aside from his career.

Dude's still lookin good
>>
>>64644509
he didn't disappear. he's currently busy uploading videos on his own youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/LAHWF/videos
>>
>>64645503
I'm not talking about war, or doing back flips. See, that's the whole problem. Everyone knows Vader is a badass warrior, that's fine, but what made the whole thing interesting is that he used to be good. GOOD. Not just a badass warrior that happened to fight for the republic.
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
>>64645505
childhood is when you idolise yoda
adulthood is when you realise sheev made more sense
>>
>>64644733
>>
>>64645021
I really wish Lucas had gone in a totally different direction with Anakin for the prequels.

I get what he was going for and to his credit, Anakin is totally sympathetic. He had a hard life.

Thing is, he just doesn't come off as Darth Vader at all. He comes across as a whiny, insecure fag. Not necessarily a bad character but you absolutely cannot watch the OT and imagine that character being the same Anakin as the one in the PT.

Hayden Christensen seems like an alright guy though.
>>
>>64645669
The Anakin character didn't match the brute force that was Vader.
>>
>>64645150
Mosquito Barbie
>>
>>64645669
How could Obi-Wan call him a good friend?

Lucas failed horribly with the prequels—not so much with the execution, but the basic story. It's fundamentally flawed and totally ignores the established lore from the OT.
>>
>>64645746
Well, until Empire was written, Anakin and Vader were intended to be different people.
>>
>>64645669

Anakin had a pretty hard fall right there. Can change a lot in a person. Especially with more age.

Really, I can barely relate to my younger self these days, and I didn't go through that kind of trauma. He is an older man as Vader after all. He lost the bitchiness and came to grips with life's cold realities.
>>
>>64645753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
>>
>>64644619
No I've seen that, I've clicked on a 404'd thread, refreshed the catalog and its still there. Click again and its up. Somethings just a bit fucked up.
>>
>>64645669
>>64645746
i think 20 years as the evil, merciless right hand of a ruthless space dictator who's pissed about his shit past and only has galactic order to live for logically follows episode 3 anakin

but i totally see your point, glad you're not one of the
>HURR THAT SAND LINE WAS SO DUMB I COULD WRITE BETTER STAR WARS THAN LUCAS WHY IS ANAKIN SO WHINEY
fags

i think his conversations with padme about how the senate sucks and how HE'D rule everything perfectly also help my side, but like i said you make a good point
>>
>>64645021
This is truly tragic and that's everything Lucas wanted to convey.
>>
desu I wish in the prequels the Empire was already established and were leading the clone wars and that there were actually stakes instead of lolrobots

I also wish we met Anakin at Hayden's age, instead of as a 6 year old

I also wish that there weren't a million Jedi, and just a small amount which explains why no one knows who they are in the OT despite having their giant castle filled with like 20,000 Jedi in the centre of the Galaxy's capital
>>
>>64645810
Whelp this plus having just read
>>64645021
has just depressed me to no end.

Poor Anakin.

on the bright side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUwVg6MfOk

thank god for based luke
>>
>>64645971

That's why I love the series as a whole

the ending of RotS is the pit of shittiness but then the ending of RotJ is cocaine euphoria and redemption
>>
File: spamtv.jpg (146 KB, 663x915) Image search: [Google]
spamtv.jpg
146 KB, 663x915
this is a spam thread. who is making all these spam threads and for what reason? this day alone i detected at least 10 spam threads and i made a screen shot.
>>
He was in American Heist which came out last year. I haven't seen it, and the reviews are bad. But Im interested in seeing him outside of a really poorly written role.
>>
>>64645953
Yes, the Jedi should have already been a dying order by the PT, working as advisers and protectors to prominent families and heads of state, y'know, like the Samurai they were inspired by, not InterGalactic Police Force.
>>
>>64645021
I wrote this post

just wanna put out there that the admittedly lackluster line 'FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL' makes sense when you really think about anakin's situation.

so fucked. if only in ROTS he purged the jedi temple of all adults instead of children (lucas going a little too far with the evil on that one) i'd have been on Anakin's side the entire time.

Also, even aside from that I wish we had some footage of Vader hunting down powerful Jedi masters and just shitting on them.

So Disney, we need the Ewan McGregor - helmed Obi-Wan Kenobi Tattoine hermit movie, and a Darth Vader killing everything in sight movie. Feel free to scrap the Han Solo origin movie
>>
>>64645943
It is tragic, but not heroic tragedy in the Homeric sense. The OT follows a classic heroic narrative, but the PT doesn't know what the fuck it's doing, because Lucas doesn't know classical story structure--hell, his wife at the time was the one who rewrote Ep 4 to be a classical hero's journey.
>>
>>64645953
I 100% agree Episode 1 should've had Hayden as Anakin, with more of the Obi Wan and Anakin as bros as seen in the start of episode 3 added into the prequels.

also there were only 10,000 jedi, not many for an entire galaxy with how many thousands of planets?

>>64646009
completely agreed. it all works out in the end. Anakin literally gets to hang out with his best friend Obi Wan in the afterlife after having redeemed himself.
>>
>>64644866
>Simply being put in charge by Palpatine to expose a conspiracy in the republic, and finding out his friends were involved would have been enough. Choosing loyalty to duty and order as he saw it would have been a much more compelling, and relatable reason for him and Obi-Wan to become enemies, and for him to loose Padme who was a traitor, say she was thought to have been shipped off to a prison camp and died en route or something (but was secretly smuggled away). It would have also explained why he spends the next 20 years being a loyal imperial hardass.
Fucking this. OT Vader is a samurai in service to a master. Everything he does is out of loyalty and in pursuit of galactic order. The prequels instead protray him as an ineffectual emotional wreck who's "fall" is both sudden and arbitrary. It never feels like he really makes a choice, and it wouldn't be understandable within the provided context if he did.
>>
>>64646110

The children killing should just be omitted

There is a rationalization for it as they are Jedi padawans but it's not easy to empathize with

the story works without it
>>
>>64646063
people shitpost constantly faggot get with the program
>>
>>64646084
Exactly.

>>64646162
Even then, they had a lot of power in the galactic senate and they were the main generals in the clone war, so logically they would be every well known.
>>
>>64645746
Precisely. Anakin would've worked better in the prequels if he were less angsty, more likable, and more of a badass, for lack of a better term. You'd really feel the fall of grace better if Anakin were a genuinely respectable person, someone you could actually look up to if you were a kid or consider someone you could trust your life with if you were an adult.

I don't think we needed to see Anakin when he was a little kid or when he was a teen at all. Should've shown him as a confident, successful adult right from the start, obviously with a dark side too.

>>64645753
That's a good point. Anakin kinda comes across as a shitty pupil aside from one or two scenes. Obi-Wan clearly cares for him but it's to the point where Obi comes across as that much more saintly, believing in someone who obviously needs a good smack in the face and a lecture or two.

>>64645791
That's true.

>>64645903
That's actually pretty depressing, that after years of being Palpatine's right hand man, that he could become somebody as cold and ruthless as Darth Vader.
>>
>>64644866
>>64646164
>Simply being put in charge by Palpatine to expose a conspiracy in the republic, and finding out his friends were involved would have been enough.
So retroactively making the Jedi bad guys?

no thanks
>>
>>64646277
I agree wholeheartedly.

I kinda wish we were introduced to Anakin as a cocky bounty hunter or rogueish type who did dangerous pilot jobs for scumbags. Not full Han Solo roguish but fun badass with a bit of a mean streak.

He accidentally unleashes force powers which Obi Wan and Qui-gon feel when they're on Tattooine maybe.

You could parallel with the "too old to train" stuff from the OT and during his training he could have lots of emotion and seem a bit reckless and become more and more violent as the trilogy went on.
>>
>>64646164

If it was just about loyalty, why was Luke so insistent on finding the light and good side in him, as opposed to appealing to his duty as a father, or something else? They made it pretty clear that Vader was under another influence than simple "fealty". The Emperor was nefarious enough, he was fully ready to let Luke be his right hand man in Vader's stead.

It's the dark side of the force, not bushido code.
>>
>>64644588
that dull fucking voice. Always bugged me. Looks like a lifetime movie desu senpai.
>>
>>64646186
Ehhhhhh I don't think the children killing was too much, but the way it was presented seemed needlessly edgy. The kids are just chilling then he walks in and draws his sabre without saying anything.

It would have been better if they saw him slaying other jedi then come out and try to stop him but he had no choice but to kill them.
>>
>>64646359
It's straight up Bushido. That's why it's such a big deal when Vader suggests they convert Luke rather than kill him. He was compromising that loyalty for personal reasons.
>>
>>64646349
They wouldn't have been viewed as bad if they uncovered say, a plot to build the Death Star, a plan to institute a military dictatorship, perhaps the deals were coordinated with criminal organizations like Black Sun providing slave labor, or perhaps the entire concept of the Clone Wars could have been rewritten. Perhaps the Clone Wars could have just been a giant civil war within the Republic.

Point is, the Jedi, who should have been a rather small group, could have simply been allied with "good guy" factions in the republic--like people from Alderaan--who found out what Palpatine was doing, but a full frontal attack on him wouldn't have been possible because too many systems supported him. See, suddenly the rise of the Empire doesn't seem as retarded and instant as it was in the movie.
>>
>>64646277
>That's actually pretty depressing, that after years of being Palpatine's right hand man, that he could become somebody as cold and ruthless as Darth Vader.
I mean, he felt betrayed by the Jedi, his master / brother / father figure made him a a quadruple amputee burn victim, he was led to believe he killed his wife and children. Not to mention he used to be a happy and handsome hero that became trapped in a full body suit for 20 years.

That's gotta make him not only bitter but unbelievably cold.

>>64645753
unfortunately, episode 2 was all about him being a rebellious teenager against his father figure, but at least in the opening of episode 3 they seemed like the tight, galaxy-saving bros they were meant to be.

Wish there was an episode 2.5 with more clone wars. And no, not that CGI abomination
>>
>>64645197
Except Mark Hamill's career didn't die, he became one of the most prolific and celebrated voice actors in the industry.
>>
>>64645810
Oh fuck I didn't realize this was supposed to be sad and kept on laughing at most of that.

>>64646358
I think shrouding his entrance into the Jedi in mystery would work, with some hints dropped here and there as to how he became a Jedi could work. But more over, he should be a real man. A charming, charismatic badass who might be seen as one of the Jedi's greatest among their ranks. But I think it'd be great if the Jedi would seriously dick him over as well. You wouldn't even have to contradict that part of the PT either. Just have the majority of them not able to recognize his talents. Maybe the Jedi Order are a bunch of pricks who screw him over at every turn or something like that.

And yeah, giving him a bit of a cruel streak and susceptible to making the mistake or two would make sense as well. He could come off as charming and likable but under the right circumstances, when dealing with a certain enemy, he might come across as ruthless and cold as Vader could, prompting Obi-Wan to lecture him and tell him to calm down or something. There should always be the sense that something just isn't right with him.
>>
>>64646396
agreed

>>64646470
fair enough, i personally loved anakin's episode 3 fall and the dark parts of episode 2 (wiping out sand people tribes was 100% justified, fuck them), and while im the first to defend anything anakin-related he was pretty dull in episode 1
>>
File: 200_s.gif (41 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41 KB, 288x200
>tfw Disney saves his career with the Oscar worthy scene of him speaking with his grandson in Episode VIII
>>
>>64646407

They aren't honorable. The Emperor feels no attachment to his underling. They're pretty clear about the Dark Side being the only major thing binding them. Vader doesn't owe anything to him.
>>
Anakin is a terrible character and a terrible performance, but I don't put the blame on Hayden. It was the Pottery King who decided doing an 100% blatant ripoff of James Dean was acceptable in the 2000's.

Hey, you know who can do a good approximation of James Dean? Literally nobody. Also it doesn't help that George genuinely has no idea how to direct actors.
>>
>>64646636
Lucas is shit at communicating exactly what he wants. He may have the right idea but fails to explain it.
>>
>>64646602
I don't even think people mean the same things when they're talking about the dark side. Why does EVERYONE seem to forget that the Emperor offered Luke to join him as

>It is the only way you can save your friends.

He was giving Luke an easy out. Join him. Rule the Galaxy. Save your friends. It was the quick and easy path that Yoda warned him about.
>>
>>64646602
>Vader doesn't owe anything to him.
There's no way of knowing this from the original trilogy. We know Vader does everything the emperor asks without question. If he was just straight up evil, there'd be no reason for him to demonstrate such loyalty. He's clearly a man with a code.
>>
>>64646745

It's a tense master/apprentice relationship

He respects the Emperor and what he knows, it doesn't mean he's loyal to him

he throws him to his death ffs
>>
>>64646744
And I think that while the Emperor exploited Luke's love of his friends, he should have been written to exploit Anakin's loyalty to the Republic (appealing to his heroic nature). Anakin should have been given an easy out. Kill the traitors (even if they're your friends), end the war, rule the galaxy.
>>
>>64646790
>he throws him to his death ffs
made me kek for some reason
>>
>>64646790
>It's a tense master/apprentice relationship
What tension? There's never any tension. Vader doesn't even flinch when the Emperor tells Luke to kill his father and assume his place. Every single action he takes is in direct service to the emperor and in pursuit of an unopposed Empire.

>he throws him to his death ffs
Literally only when his son's life is on the line. Or do you think he would have done the same thing had Palp been zapping any other fuckin guy?
>>
>>64646699

He needs someone like Kasdan to filter his ideas into something that makes sense. Pure, uncut Lucas is too much. Every time I try and go back to the prequels to find something watchable about them I just end up hating them more.

He's the living, breathing refutation of the idea that auteur theory is inherently superior. Some artists just need other people to work with and collaborate on, otherwise you end up with the PT or those Matrix sequels.

At the very least he needs a co-director who can work with actors. He really cannot direct people at all, it's no surprise he wants to make everything CGI. The only halfway decent performances in the PT are Ewan's uncanny Alec Guiness impression and Ian McDiermand going so far into the realm of camp even Lucas' autism couldn't contain him.
>>
>>64646986

I think a bushido samurai would have valued his intense loyalty to his master over the life of his estranged son he has no connection to other than lineage and a connection to a "lighter" past

Really, it's pretty clear Vader's only connection to the Emperor, was through the Dark Side of the force

He does not lament one second of that moment, he's grateful and ready to die
>>
>>64645450

This is the problem with Star Wars discussions: you can never talk about the films because people have to drag in a ton of lore shit.

If you have a series of films that have to lean on other material to make sense, they're bad films. Simple as that. Doesn't matter what it is.

And just because it's presented in the movie somewhere doesn't mean it's presented well. Even if you can envision Anakin turning evil, it's pretty hard to envision him turning into the CHARACTER Darth Vader.
>>
File: hayden_christensen.jpg (133 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
hayden_christensen.jpg
133 KB, 1296x730
>>64644509
He went and lived on a farm with his wife

Doing a few roles again, he came back to Hollywood
>>
>>64647666

Star Wars isn't loved for being film of the highest caliber execution
>>
>>64644671
No it wasn't, he was also terrible in it.
>>
>>64644612
He was fine (good, even) in RotS, but his performance in AotC was an unmitigated disaster. I can't believe Lucas was okay with his that worked out.
>>
>>64647813
>He was fine (good, even) in RotS
You're a retard.
>>
>>64647885

>HAHA MEMES
>>
>>64647036
>I think a bushido samurai would have valued his intense loyalty to his master over the life of his estranged son he has no connection to other than lineage and a connection to a "lighter" past
Is this a serious argument? If your position is that he has no real tie to make him give a shit about Luke, then what does loyalty or lack thereof have to do with anything? If he's just some random schmuck dark sider, what reason would he have to save some kid?

No, the entire point was that he was intensely loyal to the Emperor, but when he discovered who Luke was, that loyalty faltered. Again, that's why literally everything we see Vader do is in direct service to the Emperor/Empire except in the one instance in which he acts to save his son.
>>
>>64647928

Nope. It's because Luke's premise was correct, he had light side left in him, it was triggered seeing his son die, and then into the trash the Emperor, and his Dark Side allegiance, went. It's spelled out for you pretty clearly in the movie, weebster.
>>
>>64646598
Force Ghost Anakin is confirmed
>>
>>64646110
>if only in ROTS he purged the jedi temple of all adults instead of children (lucas going a little too far with the evil on that one) i'd have been on Anakin's side the entire time

Fun fact, the novelization clarifies that Anakin wasn't gonna kill the kids until one of them called him "Master Skywalker"... "Master". Anakin wasn't a Master, remember? He was really, really pissed about not being a Master. That kid made him snap unintentionally, that's semi-canon.
>>
>>64644690
no, thats just prequel deniers pretending that TFA gives PT shit some kind of new perspective or something
>>
>>64647963
What does this have to do with loyalty? Vader can be loyal to the Emperor while still embracing the Dark Side. There's no contradiction there.

Once again, if he was only loyal to the Dark Side, there'd be no reason for him to support the Emperor as he had. If it was just about being a bad dude, he wouldn't be talking about bringing order to the galaxy. There's clearly more at work than some vague evil quality.
>>
>>64644712
good thing you're a fucking idiot and can't actually become involved in anything film-related
>>
>>64644866
>Simply being put in charge by Palpatine to expose a conspiracy in the republic, and finding out his friends were involved would have been enough

No it wouldn't. it would have been stupid.

Anakin's character development was perfect. He needed a reason to choose power not just because he was told by one guy that the people that had rescued him and taught him everything were in on a plot.
>>
>>64648786
>choose power
>rescued him
>taught him everything
Why are any of these necessary components? The anon you quoted was proposing an entirely different trilogy. There's no reason to believe all those other elements introduced in the prequel trilogy would carry over.
>>
File: 1260585284155.png (30 KB, 523x472) Image search: [Google]
1260585284155.png
30 KB, 523x472
>>64644588
what is the point in making these movies when I already saw the whole thing in 2 minutes
>>
>>64645669
>he just doesn't come off as Darth Vader at all.

Darth Vader was an evil guy who loved blowing up planets and killing people. You need a backstory to that, people aren't just born that way. People who become monsters are usually whiny and insecure, as vader was, he just was able to project himself through his costume.

Look at the school shootings and people like Elliot. These people were all insecure whiners too.

The prequels give us a reason to why Anakin got this way, instead of the usual "well he was just a bad evil dude from the start"
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 669x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 669x364
>>64644509
>tfw I'm the only one who likes "Awake"
>>
>>64648907
Insecure nutjobs shoot up schools. Vader is much closer to a psychopathic CEO.
>>
>>64644588
>You prayed, I'm here
why does praying work only sometimes?
>>
Vader turning on Palpatine actually makes more sense when you take into account his character progression in the prequels
>>
>>64649018
Not really. A psychopath CEO wouldn't betray his master for "muh son"

How did Vader know Luke was his son anyway?
>>
>>64648907
>Darth Vader was an evil guy who loved blowing up planets and killing people
He most certainly was not. Did Vader ever once seem as though he enjoyed what he did? I know one can't exactly emote through a mask, but Vader would still come off as cold and unfeeling without it. I understand what Lucas was trying to go for, with Anakin having his emotions "ripped" out of him, but honestly the transition from Anakin to Vader was so jarring that it made no sense at all. Instead of portraying him the way he did, Lucas should have made Anakin borderline sociopathic from the start. Someone with whom the audience could sympathize, but nonetheless emotionally detached. This detachment from the "greatness" of the Jedi embedded in the minds of every youngling to set foot in the Jedi Temple (except him, of course) would allow him to meditate on the true nature of the Force: that the Jedi, in trying to bring balance to the galaxy, were upsetting the balance of the Force, which he would hold in much higher regard than most. In the end, it would be Anakin, not Palpatine, who convinces himself that in order to bring balance to the Force (as the prophecy foretold) that he would have to become one with the Dark Side. In fact, as much as I love Ian McDiarmid, I feel that Palpatine shouldn't have been such a heavy player in the prequels at all. Maybe he was an ancient spirit of the Dark Side that Anakin awoke to complete his destiny. I don't know. Point is, I literally cannot perceive Anakin and Vader as the same person, and whether that was Lucas' intention or not, it comes across as hackneyed and muddled.
>>
>>64649347
You've gotta remember there was like 20 years between the two movies.
>>
>>64649347
I'm with you on your general sentiment, but really, this whole "balance the force" prophesy shit was stupid. It was a stupid idea. It only complicated the story, and was a forced narrative device to Christen Anakin from the start, to deem him by fiat a magical hero instead of showing it through story and character progression.

He can't just be a really talented Jedi who is extraordinarily strong in the force (not because of midichloreans, or because of a prophesy). Nope, he has to be Jesus freaking Christ born of a virgin, and destined to somehow rectify the fundamental energy source of all existence.

Fuck. That.
>>
>>64649087
Because you only happen to be praying for something that was going to happen anyway, sometimes.
>>
>>64644509
https://youtu.be/Sk7RN3t2v14?t=9m49s

The prequels were so great and he was supposed to be a good actor, then why didn't anyone hire him after Episode 3?

I mean big studios ect
>>
>>64644775
It's not like we weren't warned this would happen with Emperor Hirohito
>>
>>64644690
Wait, I'm looking at this pic and I could swear that's Topper Grace. Still looking at it and I still could swear it's Topper Grace.

What the fuck?
>>
>>64648187

There were elements of the Dark Side he wasn't attuned with or knowledgeable of yet. That begot a master relationship with someone more accelerated than he, the Emperor. It's a symbiotic master/apprentice relationship. The Dark Side mired his thinking and bound them together.
>>
>>64644690
nooo... he fucked his hair... he was so qt back in the day ;_;
>>
>>64644690
The main change is his eyes, but I can't actually pinpoint how they're different. strange.
>>
>>64644712
was this really a thing that happened? jesus.
>>
>>64650577
There is absolutely zero evidence of this in the films. Vader's first and only priority is to the Empire and the Emperor. There is no indication he's in it for ancient secrets.

His explicitly stated goals are to carry out the will of the Emperor and bring order to the galaxy. Where you're coming up with this idea that it was merely an alliance of convenience, I've no idea.
>>
>>64644810
more like "heh a buck is a buck."
>>
File: 1.jpg (482 KB, 943x1475) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
482 KB, 943x1475
>>64649221
>>
File: 1452145691774.jpg (1 MB, 1358x973) Image search: [Google]
1452145691774.jpg
1 MB, 1358x973
>>64652481
I'm surprised no one is bitching about the fact luke and vader dueled inbetween ANH/Empire

this is actually canon now
>>
>>64652481
This entire comic is retarded

>Boba Fett made to look like a bitch by a blind Luke because of deus ex machina
>>
>>64652510
>this is actually canon now
thanks Obama
>>
File: tophergrace__130405212307.jpg (817 KB, 2260x3000) Image search: [Google]
tophergrace__130405212307.jpg
817 KB, 2260x3000
>>64650512
>>64644690
>>
>>64644866
>being this reddit
>>
>>64645335
This is bait children
>>
>>64645669
Hello reddit
>>
>>64646161
Are you illiterate?
>>
It blows my mind that there are actors out there who get everything handed to them and they do absolutely nothing with that. They just keep acting in same shit and there's no progress in their acting.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>64647034
>kasdanfags
>>
>>64645021
"Now go kill a bunch of little kids."
"Sure. No problem."
>>
File: toSb204.jpg (507 KB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
toSb204.jpg
507 KB, 1988x1528
>>64652602
Its not all bad
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.