[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a DiCaprio gets acted under the table by the Big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: revenant-trailer-tom-hardy-05.gif (442 KB, 1572x1048) Image search: [Google]
revenant-trailer-tom-hardy-05.gif
442 KB, 1572x1048
>It's a DiCaprio gets acted under the table by the Big Guy movie.
>>
Leo doesn't get to bring awards.
>>
>>64638616
Tom Hardy was outstanding.

Holy shit. Memes aside.
>>
>>64638616
Leo is just a discount actor that will reliably draw an audience at this point
He's turning into Nicholas Cage
>>
>>64639022
Agreed
>>
>>64639161

It's just that one is a good actor and the other is horseshit.
>>
I heard there's a scene where Leo crawls around sputtering like an idiot that rivals the qualuudes scene from WoWS
>>
>>64642643
Yeah it's two hours long
>>
>>64642643

Pretty full on movie. Lots of scenes are dragged out.

There's a scene where he's mauled by a bear for 10 minutes or something. Pretty crazy.
>>
>>64642701
kek
>>
>>64639022
agreed, it was a big performance
>>
Am I the only one who thought Hardy is terrible?

Every single movie he just plays a variation of Tom Hardy.
>asshole Hardy (This)
>big guy Hardy (DKR)
>damaged but heart of gold Hardy (Mad Max)
>suave Hardy (Inception)
He's never fully immersed like Leo.

Also, the ending was obviously Leo turning to the screen and begging the viewer to give him an Oscar.
>>
>>64639022
Yeah him Domhnall Gleeson were both outstanding.
>>
>>64642808
>>Also, the ending was obviously Leo turning to the screen and begging the viewer to give him an Oscar.

Why doesn't he have an Oscar yet?
>>
>>64639192
Did you even >>64642808
watch the movie?
>>
>>64642808
M8 Hardy is literally a chav who says "cunt' every other word. He nailed this role and is completely unrecognizable.
>>
>>64642844
No idea, he should have gotten it for Wolf of Wall Street, easily.
>>64642852
I did, and it was good. But Hardy wasn't amazing.
>>
>>64642701
underrrated
>>
>>64643015
I didn't recognize him at first, but as soon as he started talking, even through the accent I knew it was Hardy.

Maybe it's just the voice he does for all of his roles, but he always sounds the same through a slight accent.

Leo became Jordan in Wolf of Wall Street, he became Glass in this. Every tiny, tiny motion on his face doesn't come off as acting- it comes off as Hugh Glass. Hardy cannot pull that off, for some reason. It always just feels like Hardy.
>>
>>64642808
are you joking, at least Hardy can be a believable tough guy and a believable swuave guy

Leo is a spoiled twink in all of his movies
>>
>>64643090
Leo pls
>>
Shut the fuck up tom hardy acts like tom hardy in every fucking movie in every fucking role.
>>
>>64643132
Maybe our "tastes" or perceptions are just different by default, but whenever I watch him I just know he's Tom Hardy. He's not Fitzgerald, he's not Eames, he's not Bane, he's not Max, he's Tom Hardy playing those characters.

I looked up an interview just to see if his voice is actually so deep and bizarre, it's what sounds fake to me. Sure enough, his voice is normal and he just puts on strange voice to be Mad Max/Fitzgerald/Bane. It's not even the accent, he has a weird underlying voice he does that is incredibly artificial. It's like his "I am ACTING" voice.
>>
>>64643216
did you see Bronson? He was menacing and believable in that imo
>>
>>64643216
Of all the positive things people say about Leo I don't think I have ever heard someone compliment Leo on his dialogue delivery.
>>
>>64643303
I haven't seen Bronson, I hear he's fantastic in it and I'm more than willing to give it a fair shake. I have been meaning to see it.
>>
>>64643337
Well I am doing it now. It's shit early on (Titanic) but Wolf of Wall Street is fantastic, I think he did a really great job.
>>
>>64638616
GODDAM TREE NIGGERS
>>
File: dicaprio revenant.jpg (34 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
dicaprio revenant.jpg
34 KB, 620x413
Oscar?
>>
Bunch of tree niggers itt
>>
>>64643157

If you think he acts the same in Locke as he does as Bane, you are fucking retarded.
>>
which didn't the tree nigger just stop yelling?
>>
File: 1393869089825.jpg (36 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
1393869089825.jpg
36 KB, 350x250
TREENIGGERS?
>>
>>64643604
cause you can take a tree nigger out of the trees,
but you can't take the nigger out of the tree nigger
>>
>>64638616

Big Guy did seem more authentic to the setting than Leo.
>>
>>64639161

He has good taste, at least. Guy seems to pick mostly solid movies and has been the force behind producing ones like Wolf of Wall Street and Revolutionary Road.
>>
Whole theater laughed when the fatass bear fell on him

Wish his horse landed on him too after they dove off the cliff
>>
I thought this movie was absolutely fucking amazing

I loved Hateful 8 and I think this blew that and almost every other award candidate out of the water
>>
File: 1445193915804.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1445193915804.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>64643628
>>
>>64643675
I thought it was good but not amazing.

It needed to be 30 minutes longer or 30 minutes shorter, the pacing of the last 20% (from when they find Glass) is sooooo much faster than the rest of the movie. Should have cut out 30 minutes of the wandering, or added 30 minutes to the final section.
>>
>>64642808
His character was terrible, literally scum but it was played very convincingly. This is a good thing, it means his acting chops are top tier. You recognized the redneck and it was on the money, he nailed it
>>
>>64643860
Except that's wrong. Because I recognized that he was as scumbag redneck just means he said a few lines that illustrated that to me. I didn't actually believe, while sitting in that theater seat, that it was anything but Tom Hardy pretending to be a scumbag redneck, whereas Leo WAS Hugh Glass to me.
>>
>>64642808
I thought he was great in Locke
>>
>>64642808
I avoided everything relating to this movie. I watched it a few nights ago and had no idea Tom Hardy was even in it. If you told me he was and to pick him out I wouldn't be able to do it. Leo? Trying to hard and can't NOT be Leo. That little fag that's supposed to be Pennywise in the IT remake? No hiding that face. Hardy was unrecognizable and fucking fantastic. You're a retard.
>>
>>64642808
you are so wrong it's pretty incredible how wrong you are

you just mentioned a load of different characters and put hardy at the end of them.

also watch bronson you plebeian
>>
>>64644314

no offence m8 but if you couldn't figure out that was tom hardy after watching the whole movie then you clearly don't know anything about movies
>>
>>64644314
I didn't even know he was in it, but the moment I heard his voice I knew it was him. He does a ridiculous fake voice which he then throws an accent on top of, in all of his roles, for no reason. Just to make it a "Tom Hardy Role" I guess. He's awful.
>>64644373
Good argument.
>>
>>64638616
I don't get it. I hate Leonardo DiCaprio but he's always in movies I want to see.
>>
>>64644394
Not a fan boy and I was totally immersed. Seems you're a faggot who was probably posting on /tv/ and checking RT while watching it. Your problem, not mine.
>>
>>64644413
>adjective hardy
>adjective hardy
>adjective hardy!

nice argument
>>
>>64644442
I think I got it, friend. Leo's in a lot of movies you wanna see.
>>
>>64644241
Hey, someone else here saw Locke. Never thought I would be so riveted by a man talking to someone on the phone about cement.
>>
>>64644447

It's not a 'problem' mate but it just shows you are a bit of an idiot is all
>>
>>64644452
Did you read my post? I explained why I said that. It's because he's always just playing some variation of Hardy, not actually being another character (i.e. acting).

Good refutation though.
>>
>>64644477
Look who's talking MATE
>>
>>64644447
Not him, but you are probably retarded. If you literally could not connect his face or voice with Tom Hardy, you might actually be autistic. It's a symptom of autism. I'm not just trying to attack you for that, but the fact you're so hostile just because you display symptoms of autism is pretty dumb.
>>
bear moved unrealistically fast but otherwise a good movie
>>
>>64644507

Have you ever seen a documentary about bears? They can move really fucking fast when they want to.
>>
>>64644507
you think bears r slow? go inna woods and see for urself
>>
did anyone else feel sympathetic to this character?

Like, he did bad things undoubtedly, but in the circumstances who wouldn't have wanted to do that?

Think about it, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere, being chased by bloodthirsty savages, carting around some guy who is basically dead already who you hate anyway. and having to protect his annoying mongoloid son.

Wouldn't you just want to get out of their by any means necessary?
>>
>>64644589

You can understand where he's coming from. His actions make perfect sense given what's happening. That makes him far more interesting as an antagonist then most other films I've seen.
>>
>>64644490

he's one of the most famous actors in the world and has a very distinctive face.

If you couldn't tell it was him then you're just pretty slow in the head
>>
>>64644589
I felt for Fitzgerald. He was scalped as a kid and as the movie showed, the Natives weren't exactly noble savages with only good qualities. His hatred of them was justified at least, and being stuck in a frozen, uncharted savage land hauling around a half-dead person doesn't scream of survival. He did the most pragmatic thing to do, kill him off and go back home to get the pay you were promised.
>>
>>64644589
which is why it's such a good character
>>
>>64642643
confirmed
>>
>>64644680
meant to say antagonist.*
>>
>>64644650
>His hatred of them was justified at least
There's a difference between understandable (we get why he feels that way) and justified (it's cool to hate all native americans because he was attacked by some dickheads in his youth.

His hatred is understandable, not justified.
>>
>someone throws torch on the ground
>"Imma step on it"
>>
File: WzjNqda.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
WzjNqda.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>The fucking soundtrack
>>
>>64643667

Same thing happens when I saw it. I assume it wasn't meant to be funny though, it's just that there's a certain awkwardness to the CGI bears.
>>
>>64642808
Somebody get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>64644241
meme movie
>>
>>64638616
Leo has a fucking little kid voice -- thats why he doesnt win awards.

He ruins any immersion the second he speaks.
>>
QUESTION! I had to take a piss just after an hour or so into the movie, when I came back, Glass had a fire. Does it explain how he got the fire in the 3 minutes I missed? I assume he had flint?
Tom was incredible, forgot it was him during the movie, and he had Michael Biehn tier crazy-eyes during the campfire scene when the guy found his faith in a squirrel. I was thinking i was gonna get tired of hearing fuck this fuck that and treenigger, but then he had his moment about his partial scalping, and i gotta say I'd feel pretty damn similar at that point. I give this movie 4 Cody Lundins out of 5
>>
>>64643667
That's weird same thing happened to mine
>>
>>64643667
>>64645388
same

fucking normies
>>
>>64638746
Don't worry no charge for them

because they don't exist
>>
>>64638616
I remember for a few days after it came out we could discuss Guardians of the Galaxy until the Reddit shitposters showed up. I bet it'll be the same with this movie.

Shit we already can't talk about Birdman.
>>
Anyone see The Drop with Tom Hardy and James Gabagoolini? I really liked it, especially Hardys character. I think he might be my favorite actor 2bh
>>
>>64642844
He keeps getting nominations when the Oscar bait is getting pushed hard.
>>
>>64646337
I'm thinking of seeing Legend just for him.
>>
>same garbage ""acting"" as his role in lawless
>same garbage american accent too
Terrible taste
>>
>>64645373

He had some sort of flint and steel when on the side of the river, which I believe is his first fire that we see.
>>
File: 1451942748229.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451942748229.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>64642701
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.