[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie sucks. So, so bad. I bailed about 18 minutes into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Tron_poster.jpg (52 KB, 300x448) Image search: [Google]
Tron_poster.jpg
52 KB, 300x448
This movie sucks. So, so bad. I bailed about 18 minutes into it.

I thought it was supposed to be one of those classics since I hear about it all the time, but it's such a boring, tepid experience. Yeah, yeah, next you're going to tell me the special effects were revolutionary for it's time. And hey, I get you on that front. I can appreciate that.

But this movie is just so fucking awful... I just have no desire to continue watching. Even knowing in the back of my head how much it meant to cinema and 3D animation back then... I just can't stomach it. Doesn't help either that I cannot stop thinking about fucking Ricochet throughout the whole entire time. Nothing in this movie inspires. Not in the first 18 minutes, and I'll assume nothing else in the remaining running time.

Seriously, let's go down the list. 18 fucking minutes in and you still don't know who the protagonist is. You don't know who you're rooting for. Flynn? Flynn is a hacker. He looks suspicious. He owns a sleazy looking arcade. Nothing in this movie is given ample expository. I was almost lead to believe some cubicle slave was the hero, because they FOCUS ON HIM for an ungodly amount of time.

And the rules, the ability to relate... They're just not there. The Master Control is in some rich dude's high tower office... Yet it controls every aspect of electronics? Umm? Okay? And then you have "programs" running about which are just normal humans dressed up in whacky neon colors. It's so embarrassing to look at, and hard to take seriously.

I can go on and on with many more gripes about this film, but case in point, it was just a tepid, bland excuse to show-off special FX. And that, my friends, is how you DON'T go about introducing innovation. Not at all whatsoever.
>>
File: 1451622370564.jpg (197 KB, 773x551) Image search: [Google]
1451622370564.jpg
197 KB, 773x551
>>
>>64637663
Saw this in 70mm over the Summer. Amazing. About a 9 on the charm richter-scale. You know where I'm going with this…more charming than - the Prequels.
>>
>>64637663
>an ungodly amount of time
>watched 18 minutes

hey kiddo you have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>64637663
>This movie sucks. So, so bad. I bailed about 18 minutes into it.

So you didn't make it to the actual Tron part of the movie. Good to know. Now you can fuck off.
>>
File: 5268206776_d1e3439c6c_z.jpg (76 KB, 640x288) Image search: [Google]
5268206776_d1e3439c6c_z.jpg
76 KB, 640x288
>>64637663
ciao anon
>>
>>64637663
Tron is basically an outsider art film put together by commercial animator and tech nerd Steven Lisberger, who sold it to Disney as a way to develop new filmmaking technologies. It's a slow, kind of mythical film about how computer technology was reshaping the world too quickly for even its progenitors to comprehend. One of my favorite scenes in the film is early on, when the MCP is bossing Dillinger around and reveals that it was using the early internet to steal state secrets from Russia and Chine, and Dillinger just has this dumb look on his face because he never really comprehended that it was so simple to do.

I don't know how you can get 18 minutes into the movie without realizing that Flynn is the protagonist, though. He has a whole scene in the arcade where he explains to his friends (and the audience) that Dillinger used the MCP to steal his work and force him out of the company, and he's been hacking in to find proof.

The film focuses on Alan, the cubicle slave, because his alter-ego in the computer is the security program he wrote, Tron. The titular character. One of the more interesting things about this movie is that programs are reflections of the people who wrote them, so learning a lot about Alan and what makes him tick really informs the audience about the revolutionary warrior Tron as a character.

The MCP doesn't "live" in that office. It runs Encom's mainframe, which is their entire office network.
>>
Just watch the sequel. It's a more intelligent film.
>>
>>64637663
it needs to be re-done with modern Graphics

NEW TRON IS GOD TIER
>>
This is bait
>>
>>64637663
>I bailed about 18 minutes into it.
Stopped reading there.
Nobody gives a fuck about your literally irrelevant opinion, faggot.
>>
>>64640588
Tron Legacy is stupid and vapid. Captain America 2 was more of a Tron story, since at least the plot was about a data-collection algorithm used to oppress people. That's a Tron story, Computer Nazis and Computer Jews was not.
>>
>>64637663
fucking peasant
>>
>>64637663
you seriously spent longer to type out this autistic word-vomit than you gave to the film

think about your life real hard. sit down, get a glass of strong spirits, think about how myopic you are, and then shoot yourself.
>>
File: hesright.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
hesright.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>64637663
Tron is one of those movies you have to pretend to be obsessed with so other nerds who watch the big bang theory will take you seriously. It's a lot like 2001 and Blade Runner in that regard.

You're not wrong though OP. I watched it once and never felt the need to go back and do it again. The light cycles were cool but the rest of it...meh.
>>
Why does Disney have such a hardon for Nazi style speeches? They did it in Tron Legacy, again in TFA and there are probably other examples. Is /pol/ truly right?
>>
>>64640588

Better yet watch Tron: Uprising. It's /co/ but damn if it isn't the best thing to come out of the entire franchise (the soundtrack being the next closest).
>>
I watched it for the first time about a year ago. It was kind of goofy, but it was alright.

Still haven't seen the newish one.
>>
>>64637663
This looks like copypasta for some reason
>>
>>64641435
they've been doing it a while

https://youtu.be/XkU23m6yX04?t=1m47s
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.