[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some movies with unique concepts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: they live.jpg (94 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
they live.jpg
94 KB, 480x720
What are some movies with unique concepts?
>>
bumperoni
>>
File: enter the void poster.jpg (215 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
enter the void poster.jpg
215 KB, 500x741
>>
>>64636039

Miracle Mile.
Brain Damage (aka Elmer)

Trust me.
>>
Deep Throat
>>
Enter the Void
Birdman desu
Any film by Refn (but not his flicks)
>>
>>64637026
that movie was shit though
>>
File: A Field in England 2.jpg (426 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
A Field in England 2.jpg
426 KB, 1000x1500
almost anything by Ben Wheatley
>>
>>64637071
>miracle mile
i was recommended this movie some months ago when requesting a hopeless movie about death. i don't know if it was you but i want you to know anyway that it was great and just what i needed.
>>
>>64637163

It was total shit. A huge disappointment after Irreversible. Absolutely no correlation to the Bardo Thodol as implied.
>>
Memento
>>
inb4 primer
>>
>>64637198

Yes! That was me! Wasn't it awesome? Glad you liked it.
>>
File: holy-mountain4.jpg (213 KB, 1400x595) Image search: [Google]
holy-mountain4.jpg
213 KB, 1400x595
>>
File: White God.jpg (414 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
White God.jpg
414 KB, 1382x2048
>>
>>64637128
gross
>>
The Man from Earth
Coherence
Pontypool
Cure
World of Tomorrow
Running on Karma
Reality

Just some that came to mind.
>>
>>64637301

Great movie. Love Budapest.
>>
>>64637262
funny coming across you again. i wonder how many of us there are on this site.

i especially liked how near the end it was still left up in the air if it was really going to go down, and that the rioting might have been for nothing. it was grim in parallel ways. i respect that.
>>
>>64636039

Not a movie but you should check out Black Mirror.
>>
>>64637026
>>64637071
>Miracle Mile
>>64637138
>Birdman
>>64637232
>>64637269

Will watch these.
>>
The Stomach
The Exterminating Angel
Synecdoche, New York to some extent
>>
File: rokku tokugawa.jpg (40 KB, 250x500) Image search: [Google]
rokku tokugawa.jpg
40 KB, 250x500
>>64637198
That's funny, I honestly found Miracle Mile to be unintentionally hilarious, with the protagonist simultaneously being the luckiest and most incompetent motherfucker in the entire world. I mean seriously. The entire universe was conspiring to save this wanker's life and he STILL fucks it up.

>picks up random call at payphone letting him know that LA is going to get nuked
>tells the people in the cafe, which happens to have a woman with high level connections in the government that can get them all to safety
>gets in the truck with said woman, motherfucking SHAFT and all the other competent people, but JUMPS OUT so that he can go get his girlfriend that he met yesterday
>carjacks the world's most agreeable thief, lights cops on fire, gets girlfriend, loses thief, and makes it to the helipad
>But oh no! We don't have a helicopter pilot, we gotta go find one, lets look in this 24 hour gym at like midnight. You wait here girlfriend
>Oddly convenient gay body builder helicopter pilot arrives and agrees to take them to safety, "but first I gotta get someone"
>protag bitches at him about time for like 5 minutes
>gay buff pilot neglected to mention that his boyfriend was just in the next room
>protags girlfriend wanders off when told explicitly not to
>He goes to look for her, witnesses the death of the thief in a ROOM FULL OF CLOCKS and somehow forgets the urgency of time
>eventually make it back to the helipad, the pilot comes back for them, and they all die.
lol
>>
Lost Highway

in typical Lynch fashion it's fucking hard to follow, but once you come up with your own interpretations you learn to appreciate it. anyways the film does one of the most impressive narrative switches in cinema ever in my opinion. never seen anything quite similar before.
>>
>>64637830

jesus fuck dude thanks for the spoilers
>>
>>64636039
Irreversible

La Moustache
>>
>>64637071
You're gonna wanna go in completely unspoiled on Miracle Mile, don't even look at the cover and just go along for the ride.
>>
File: 1438301817440.png (271 KB, 352x583) Image search: [Google]
1438301817440.png
271 KB, 352x583
The Cell
>>
eXistenZ
>>
the matrix
>>
The Lobster
Frank
>>
>>64639390
>eXistenZ
Does Cronenberg direct his actors to act badly on purpose? I get that in this movie they're game characters so it's supposed to be kind of stilted but it seems like he does this for every movie, like he told them all to be really stiff and awkward the whole time.
>>
The Fall
>>
I Heart Huckabees
Letter from an Unknown Woman
Stalker
How to Live in the German Federal Republic
The Color of Pomegranates
Lost Highway
The Hole (1998)
Salaam Cinema
Werckmeister Harmonies
>>
File: star_wars__trilogy.jpg (158 KB, 1280x514) Image search: [Google]
star_wars__trilogy.jpg
158 KB, 1280x514
>>
as unique as it gets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFNa2FUvldU
>>
>>64637026
>>64637163
the intro was excellent though
feels kinda wasted
>>
LA Confidential
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.