[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are his arms so long? Oh well, at least he didnt turn into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: dick-jones-dies.jpg (22 KB, 400x238) Image search: [Google]
dick-jones-dies.jpg
22 KB, 400x238
Why are his arms so long?

Oh well, at least he didnt turn into a cartoon like the Joker did when he fell off of a building
>>
The bullets were covered in that toxic sludge
>>
>>64635904

The idea was to have a dramatic perspective but they had some problem using wide angle lenses. So they decided to make the puppet with enlongated arms to simulate the effect, but it didn't worked too well.
>>
>>64635904
these arms look completely normal
>>
he didn't fly too good
>>
File: 1451913941893.jpg (150 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
1451913941893.jpg
150 KB, 419x610
>>
>>64636495
what happened to baneposting?
>>
DICK
YOU'RE FIRED
>>
>>64636528
The fire rises.
>>
RobertCops bullets contained arm elongating vitamins
>>
>>64636528
if i pull of your mask will you die?
>>
He was the long arm of the law.
>>
The story goes that during production someone left a light on the wax puppet for too long and the arms got slightly melted and stretched out. They were facing a deadline and had no budget left to fix the problem so they filmed it as is. To this day the director still cringes at the scene calling it his worst failure in Hollywood.
>>
>>64637854
source, i don't believe it
>>
>>64640070
You can believe me chum because I'm trustworthy.
>>
File: Darth-CIA-Final.jpg (455 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
Darth-CIA-Final.jpg
455 KB, 1000x746
>>64636528
It was overtaken by Star Wars posting.
>>
>>64635904
It's symbolic of the effects of the long arm of the law.
>>
>>64637854

Honestly they should have cut the scene.

>tfw this thread is going to get deleted
>>
File: CLOCKWORK-ORANGE-27_rect540.png (162 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
CLOCKWORK-ORANGE-27_rect540.png
162 KB, 400x260
>>64635904
Obviously it looks horrific, but when I saw it for the first time it tapped into that primal fear where the moment of death has some uncanny, nightmarish thing about it.

Kubrick does this twice in a Clockwork Orange, when the woman gets killed by the statue, horrific images and a warped scream flash to imply that you see something like this when you die, or when Alex jumps out the window and a shrill witch like shriek escapes before it turns into blackness, in a tone that couldn't have been made by a man, as if your death scream is someone else's voice or something.

But yeah it looks silly
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.